[Guide] N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF Install + Root + SuperSU

Search This thread

lexid01

Jan 7, 2012
south china
CF-Root-SGN_ZS_OZS_LPF-v5.3-CWM5.zip lost wifi????

Hello together

flashed everything like its posted but after i flashed CF-Root-SGN_ZS_OZS_LPF-v5.3-CWM5.zip with mobileodin i lost wifi. could not obtain ip's anymore. I will try it again but does anybody have the same issue?

Hope to hear soon from somebody :)

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
I think stock rom will overwrite custom recovery to stock recovery when device reboot. So CWM that OP provide is temporary recovery.
I use DellStreak 5 before ... that have to rename/delete/move file call install-recovery.sh in folder /system/etc to make sure custom recovery didn't overwrite again and again by stock recovery.
So ... someone that already on stock LPF , try to find /system/etc/install-recovery.sh then try to rename it with eg install-recovery.sh.bak (just in case if not work , you can revert back to original one), and then flash again CWM.zip
Try to reboot 2 or 3 time to check if it work.

I remember that from my Streak days, I have had a quick search and found some stuff to do with recovery in the SBIN directory. But I don't think any of should be deleted.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

lexid01

Jan 7, 2012
south china
flashed again and same problem also lost root

Hello together

flashed everything like its posted but after i flashed CF-Root-SGN_ZS_OZS_LPF-v5.3-CWM5.zip with mobileodin i lost wifi. could not obtain ip's anymore. I will try it again but does anybody have the same issue?

Hope to hear soon from somebody :)

Hello again,

just flashed CF-Root-SGN_ZS_OZS_LPF-v5.3-CWM5.zip with mobileodin 2.35 again and lost again wifi and it seems also root. Hope CF can help us (me) out somehow... many thanks in advance. PS: any other idea how to CWM on LPF? or do i miss something?

Cheers
lexid01

mancuk29

Mar 22, 2007
Manchester
For.my peace of mind before i flash my note i take it i dont have to.root as per page 1

Also can anyone tell me what the bootloader does? does it change the start up screens?

Will this work on uk xeu im.gonna flash via odin but notice there is a different modem is this ok for uk?

Cheers

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

lexid01

Jan 7, 2012
south china
flashed the third time and hopefully the last time!

For.my peace of mind before i flash my note i take it i dont have to.root as per page 1

Also can anyone tell me what the bootloader does? does it change the start up screens?

Will this work on uk xeu im.gonna flash via odin but notice there is a different modem is this ok for uk?

Cheers

It will not change the startup screen and i just flashed like on page one the third time because of CWM problems. I wish somebody could help me out here. UK? I'm not sure but i'm also not in Taiwan and i works fantastic for me in china right now, just not CWM what whould be very usefull.

cheers
lexid01

brangko

Apr 1, 2012
I just update to ics lpf, why my home screen look likes GB, and there are no scrolling option on notification??

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Hey Doc,

So is it better to avoid CF kernel? Just follow N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF installation instruction plus root instruction?

Also what did you mean by changing channel solved it?

I have avoided to flash cf root kernel right now. As such mostly i use mobile Odin to flash rom and titanium to backup, so not in hurry for cwm.
I have read changing band freq solve wifi connection issue, u may find it under wifi -menu key-advance- change band freq
Anyway i am on stock kernel having mo issue on wifi or screen rotation

Reactions: anjath

lexid01

Jan 7, 2012
south china
more infos....

I just update to ics lpf, why my home screen look likes GB, and there are no scrolling option on notification??

how you updated? what versions you used? maybe you can tell us in detail what you did so that we can have a idea about your situation, mate. screenshot? setting - about phone....

cheers
lexid01

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 AM ----------

I have avoided to flash cf root kernel right now. As such mostly i use mobile Odin to flash rom and titanium to backup, so not in hurry for cwm.
I have read changing band freq solve wifi connection issue, u may find it under wifi -menu key-advance- change band freq
Anyway i am on stock kernel having mo issue on wifi or screen rotation

others wrote thats an eMMC issue. so well that means avoid the CWM Kernel until DEv's got it right :) Everything with band changing etc don't work in my cases and tried hard to find a way to solve this problem. As Dr. Ketan says staying on stock is right now the only solution with LPF.

cherrs
lexid01

ps: does anybody know if abyss will develop kernel for ICS??? always used his kernels, perfect work... thanks.

dr.ketan

I dont link ( or see.) Emmc bug relation to kernel. That bug was in lpy stock kernel n thats why also in cf root kernel lpy too, b'coz there is no diference in them.
But yes cf kernel lpf hav issue for wifi connectivity, so if you have no real need better w8 for update from cf. As cf's note is bricked, so he can't test it at present.

Reactions: anjath

brangko

Apr 1, 2012
I dont link ( or see.) Emmc bug relation to kernel. That bug was in lpy stock kernel n thats why also in cf root kernel lpy too, b'coz there is no diference in them.
But yes cf kernel lpf hav issue for wifi connectivity, so if you have no real need better w8 for update from cf. As cf's note is bricked, so he can't test it at present.

Ketan I'm having wifi problem after flashing cf root lpf. wifi don't want to connect.

apap

Jan 31, 2003
Dr. Ketan,

I borrowed a pc to move from lpy to lpf following your guide. Unfortunately I no longer have the pc and I have the wifi problem as I flashed your kernel (I didn't realize it was optional). Is there any way I can return to stock kernel without pc odin, i.e., can I use mobile odin now to flash the original kernel or flash the entire rom?

Thanks,

HTCtouchuk

May 7, 2009
I was having problems with wifi connecting and TB saying i wasn't rooted, but i managed to fix both by chance, not sure which step actually fixed it

I had already followed op and flashed CF Roof with mobile odin

Then i went back into recovery and re-flashed superuser, booted phone but then upgraded to Super SU from play store. This fixed TB and wifi was connected aswell!

Worth a try i guess.

jon3sh

Sep 17, 2009
Was able to flash everything from clean GB stock rom and with full root still. Rom is quick and responsive no FC or wifi issue and Ididnt use CF root. Thanks DrKetan!!!

dr.ketan

Dr. Ketan,

I borrowed a pc to move from lpy to lpf following your guide. Unfortunately I no longer have the pc and I have the wifi problem as I flashed your kernel (I didn't realize it was optional). Is there any way I can return to stock kernel without pc odin, i.e., can I use mobile odin now to flash the original kernel or flash the entire rom?

Thanks,

Use mobile odin to flash stock kernel.
If you lose root, re root as per op.
No need to hav pc

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF
    Download from here

Extract file contains below mentioned files.

File selection goes like this

CSC - GT-N7000-MULTI-CSC-OZSLPF.tar.md5
    Phone - MODEM_N7000XXLR1_REV_05_CL1144476.tar.md5
    Bootloader- N7000_APBOOT_N7000ZSLPF_CL558430_REV02_user_low_sh ip.tar.md5
    PDA - N7000_CODE_N7000ZSLPF_CL558430_REV02_user_low_ship .tar.md5
    Pit for 16GB - Q1_20110914_16GB.pit

attachment.php

Root instruction

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360

CF Root kernel
    Flash using Mobile odin

Now Install TB (If you have backup) and restore user application.

Note : How to select English (First time it will start in chinese language. Who are unfamiliar to language, this will help
    - Press menu key - Last option(setting)
    - scroll down N find 'A' character keyboard symbol (14th)
    -select first option
    Now you can see English(US) select it.
    there is no issue to keep using ICS except avoid wipe data/hard reset N use minimal recovery function.
    Since long i dont found any brick on latest ICS
    Hey Doc,

So is it better to avoid CF kernel? Just follow N7000 ICS 4.0.3 ZSLPF installation instruction plus root instruction?

Also what did you mean by changing channel solved it?

setting - wifi - menu - advanced
    change frequence band If you find error in wifi connectivity.
    Thanks for quoting the whole post with the image.
    Follow all the instructions above Root Instructions if you don't wanna root.
    corrected it .,,,
    NO, Dont use.
    This is very old thread, though i have update it now.
    Read this
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1329360