Error [244]: Invalid Model ID, on flashing a PTB rom

Search This thread

XicoBombas

Oct 31, 2008
Castelo Branco
Hi

I had my S620 aside, haven't used for 3 years.
Now I'm trying to give it to a friend and i need to put a Portuguese rom on it.
I know I've change the stock rom to the 3VO.2.80.092509 and now I want to flash the official portuguese rom.
I've downloaded it (RUU_Excalibur_BRIGHTSTAR_PTB_1.30.514.2_4.1.13.47_02.98.90_Ship Extract) from official rom's page but when I try to flash it, it gives me the Error [244]: Invalid model ID, at 3%.
Well, the rom is for Excalibur, i flashed a rom before long time ago, do i need to update the HSPL ?

What am i doing wrong?

Thks for your help.
Regards

My Excalibur especifications:

On Bootloader
Excalibur
ONBL 1.30.0000
SPL 1.30.0000

Windows Mobile 6.5
ROM: 3VO.2.80.092509
Radio version: 4.1.13.47_02.98.90

Ratchewer

May 14, 2012
read carefully

i overclock mine and i solve it. go to windows mobile center and disable usb connection. press and hold sym while pluging in usb( this will take you to bootloader mode) and run uspl from the cid bypass after that run the original rom. if it does work go back to stock rom and run cid bypass and ru the rom you metion.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=329605
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=328690&highlight=cid
Hi

I had my S620 aside, haven't used for 3 years.
Now I'm trying to give it to a friend and i need to put a Portuguese rom on it.
I know I've change the stock rom to the 3VO.2.80.092509 and now I want to flash the official portuguese rom.
I've downloaded it (RUU_Excalibur_BRIGHTSTAR_PTB_1.30.514.2_4.1.13.47_02.98.90_Ship Extract) from official rom's page but when I try to flash it, it gives me the Error [244]: Invalid model ID, at 3%.
Well, the rom is for Excalibur, i flashed a rom before long time ago, do i need to update the HSPL ?

What am i doing wrong?

Thks for your help.
Regards

My Excalibur especifications:

On Bootloader
Excalibur
ONBL 1.30.0000
SPL 1.30.0000

Windows Mobile 6.5
ROM: 3VO.2.80.092509
Radio version: 4.1.13.47_02.98.90

XicoBombas

Oct 31, 2008
Castelo Branco
so weird

i overclock mine and i solve it. go to windows mobile center and disable usb connection. press and hold sym while pluging in usb( this will take you to bootloader mode) and run uspl from the cid bypass after that run the original rom. if it does work go back to stock rom and run cid bypass and ru the rom you metion.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=329605
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=328690&highlight=cid

Hi

I did what you've told, ran uspl from cid paypass, all good till the screen stayed almost white.
When i tried to install PTB stock rom the flasing frooze at 0%.
Had to unplug the usb cable, and now each time i turn on the pda it goes to bootloader mode everytime.

Tried to flash through sd card all the stock roms i found without success. All the attempts through usb cable didnt passed 0%.
It starts to check the sd contents but then goes straight away to 3 colour bootloader mode without doing anything.
Then i remembered i had to install the original stock rom, which was the BT brand, that i found yesterday.

Now comes the weird part.
First time i try to flash the BT brand rom, it installed the rom (i didnt quite saw the whole process), and when it restarted it self, went again to bootloader mode.
Tried hardreset, tried to flash again, it goes straight to bootloader.

What the hell is going on???????

In my whole flashing history, i had 100% success over 50 flashes, and now its freaking weird.

Can you lead me again?
Thanks for everything.

Greetings

Last edited:

Ratchewer

May 14, 2012
Try this here
ok go back to the original phone stock rom from the service provider and start over. use the usb bootloader mode after run the xda applicationunlocker file and do the cid bypas. then run the utilityupdate from the other rom ( not the one in the cid bypas file in the link) meaning do not click yes to the windows security prompt skip and run the romm u want to use
Hi

I did what you've told, ran uspl from cid paypass, all good till the screen stayed almost white.
When i tried to install PTB stock rom the flasing frooze at 0%.
Had to unplug the usb cable, and now each time i turn on the pda it goes to bootloader mode everytime.

Tried to flash through sd card all the stock roms i found without success. All the attempts through usb cable didnt passed 0%.
It starts to check the sd contents but then goes straight away to 3 colour bootloader mode without doing anything.
Then i remembered i had to install the original stock rom, which was the BT brand, that i found yesterday.

Now comes the weird part.
First time i try to flash the BT brand rom, it installed the rom (i didnt quite saw the whole process), and when it restarted it self, went again to bootloader mode.
Tried hardreset, tried to flash again, it goes straight to bootloader.

What the hell is going on???????

In my whole flashing history, i had 100% success over 50 flashes, and now its freaking weird.

Can you lead me again?
Thanks for everything.

Greetings

Last edited: