*TrackMe* GPS/CellID Tracking tool for Google Earth & Google Maps

Search This thread

w01f

Oct 2, 2007
During live tracking, is it possible for the map to stay on satellite view during an automatic refresh?

At the moment, I have my local server map refresh every 30 seconds, but if the tracker is watching on the satellite view, it keeps switching back to normal map mode.

Many thanks!

P.S. What is the best way to delete unwanted Trips - SQL query or manually editing a file somewhere?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
During live tracking, is it possible for the map to stay on satellite view during an automatic refresh?

At the moment, I have my local server map refresh every 30 seconds, but if the tracker is watching on the satellite view, it keeps switching back to normal map mode.

I cannot help you with that but maybe jcleek or mcross who worked on the web viewer may give you some information when they see your post.

P.S. What is the best way to delete unwanted Trips - SQL query or manually editing a file somewhere?
There is an option in TrackMe called 'Manage Trips'. You can delete trips from there.

Regards

GpsPasSion

Dec 30, 2004
www.GpsPasSion.com
NEW VERSION AVAILABLE!!
Notes:
1. If you are storing your data LOCALLY, this new version will erase your current information (I'm really sorry about that!)
2. If you are using your own server:

Thanks for the new version. I am using my own server, but all the data does seem to be gone, at least it won't display on the map, I can only see the latest position, is this normal ? Any fix for that ?

Is it because the data has no angle ?

No biggie but I can't switch the language to French, German works though.

Did you have a chance to look into freezing the GPS position when the "force update" button is pushed instead of when the data is uploaded ? Would be useful to memory an exact spot.

Last edited:

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Thanks for the new version. I am using my own server, but all the data does seem to be gone, at least it won't display on the map, I can only see the latest position, is this normal ? Any fix for that ?

Is it because the data has no angle ?

No biggie but I can't switch the language to French, German works though.

Did you have a chance to look into freezing the GPS position when the "force update" button is pushed instead of when the data is uploaded ? Would be useful to memory an exact spot.

Did you update the server files? This version doesn't delete any data if you are storing it remotely.

>Did you have a chance to look into freezing the GPS position when the "force >update" button is pushed instead of when the data is uploaded ?

Yes, I did, unfortunately the way TrackMe is designed doesn't allow me to do that very easily. Sorry, but I don't plan to add that by now.

GpsPasSion

Dec 30, 2004
www.GpsPasSion.com
Ah ok, sorry to hear that, but thanks for looking into it. Still think it would be a nice plus ;-)

Not sure what's going on with the data not being displayed in v1.17, I restored my previous server version v1.16 and the tracks display fine. If I have time I will.

Another suggestion, when a request for an SMS is sent and GPS is set to disconnect between updates there is an error, could you force the acquisition of a GPS position when there is such a request ?

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Not sure what's going on with the data not being displayed in v1.17, I restored my previous server version v1.16 and the tracks display fine. If I have time I will.

It may sound silly, but did you click on 'Show' when you are in v1.17? By default you won't see any data until you click that button. In previous versions wasn't like that.

By the way, web viewer v1.17 was released before I uploaded the version yesterday, so it has nothing to do with my latest changes.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
That could be it, but I'm not seeing any "Show" button to click on ? Do you mean "Show User" top left ? Tried that and no change. Sorry if I'm missing something obvious !

I mean the Show button under the Live tracking button.

Check the attached image.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 32

jon_k

Dec 16, 2007
It's the server the one that generates the KML file.

I will provide soon a version where you can upload the information to your own server and I will also include the php files that you need to copy to your server. (it should be very simple to setup)

Staryon,

Consider making a new post for this version. I use your older version which supports this and love it. Awaiting for that release ;-)

emay

Dec 10, 2003
GPS output

Staryon,
is it possible for you to also add an extra (virtual) COM port where you copy the incoming GPS data stream. I am having problems when I e.g. use both TomTom and Trackme. Either one of the apps gets the data stream, but never both at the same time. An extra port might solve this problem.

webpatrick

May 10, 2006
Staryon,
is it possible for you to also add an extra (virtual) COM port where you copy the incoming GPS data stream. I am having problems when I e.g. use both TomTom and Trackme. Either one of the apps gets the data stream, but never both at the same time. An extra port might solve this problem.

Goto "External GPS Settings" somewhere in "Settings" and in the third tab choose automatic.

If "External GPS Settings" are not available, search the forum how to enable it so it turns up in Settings.

JoseF

Nov 23, 2003
Stockholm
Hi Mcross,

I think the question is about the database.

In the trackme webbpage, In the calender if I try to change the date say :
Trip from 09 AM to 11 AM Go to calender and change the time to 09:30 AM to 10:30 AM in my server it does not work but it works in Luis.

Any ideas what`s wrong ?

Regards
JoseF

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Thanks, actually I don't have thise screen at all, in the server zip I downloaded yesterday, it looks like the old one but with v1.17 at the top instead.

I see index.php dated 03/02/2008, could that be the problem ?

Can you maybe reupload the zip ?

uhmm... I see.

mcross do you think you can send me the latest server files? Just to be sure that I'm uploading the latest.

Thanks

jon_k

Dec 16, 2007
I'm sorry but I don't understand. You can use your own server since one of the first versions. Am I missing something?

Regards

Hey.

I took this quote
I will provide soon a version where you can upload the information to your own server and I will also include the php files that you need to copy to your server. (it should be very simple to setup)

I thought this quote meant that your new version here DID NOT include the ability to post the coordinates up to the web script you included.

You're saying that it does? Sorry for the confusion. I'll go ahead and try it out tonight and see what happens. I haven't used the product in a while. I'll PM you later tonight with a donation probably too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That would be amazing if an android version was produced!

I've been using the windows mobile version on my old phone for a charity bike ride we do across Europe every year, and it really does work a treat! It would be great if I only had to take one phone..

Thanks for your help, and if you need any assistance testing it....

Android version is looking good so far. I have been able to read from the GPS and upload the data to the server.
    Now I need to work in the offline mode, user settings and interface.
    Hopefully I will have something soon!
    ANDROID VERSION NOW AVAILABLE!!

I just published it in the marketplace. Not sure when it will show up.
    I also created a post in the Android forums. Please use that thread from now on.
    Here is the link

I hope people like it...
    Any news about Android version? This is only program that I miss at windows mobile.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

I'm probably getting the phone this week. Hopefully I will start working on it the next one.
    +1 For an Android version.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

Well..then I have good news for you! :)

The company that acquired TrackMe for WM has asked me to write a version for Android so I will start working on this in the next few weeks! :cool:

By the way, the interest for the WP7 is growing so I plan to release a new update soon too.
    Hi! Thank you for the new release of W7 App TrackMe. I'm still with my old TP2 phone and use WM 6.5 I think to switch with Android soon, do you plan to make an Android version ?

Have a good day!

JmCourir