Proximity sensor issue - can't end calls when screen doesn't wake!

Search This thread

mythosgr

May 8, 2009
To test and eventually to calibrate the proximity sensor, you can use hidden menu (dial 3845#*880#) -> Device Test -> All Auto Test Menu Full -> ALC / Proximity Test.
You can even test the "auto brightness mode" (to test also the light sensor) and "enable proximity wakeLock" (to simulate a call).
To test the sensor just put a finger near the sensor.
There is also a "Calibration" feature to calibrate the sensor if needed.

This worked for me too. Thanks!

Jun 18, 2015
Ottawa
You can monitor the proximity sensor values in order to obtain more information whether your proximity sensor works or not and what may cause the problem as well as to virtually disable the proximity sensor when in calls, made and received and, also, to make the proximity sensor control the screen with the application Proximity Sensor and Screen. There is a good description how tom use the application inside the application.

Here is more information.

How to download and install :

Look for Version 2.0 or higher of Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes.

The application does not require neither root access nor any third party frames nor products.

Here is more information how to download and install the application :

Go to Google Play Store with your device. Click " APPS ". Click the magnifying glass of the search. Type exactly, character by character, :

Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes

PLEASE, NOTE : MUST BE TYPED EXACTLY AS SHOWN, EXACTLY AT THE " APPS " TAB OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE, BECAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINE OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE IS VERY SENSITIVE.

Click on the displayed app with the same name and author to download and install. The application is also available in many other app stores and online which may or may not show after a general purpose search with google.com and a web browser but some forums where the links are posted may show.

READ THE INFORMATION INSIDE THE APPLICATION FIRST.

alphazzz

Sep 9, 2015
You can monitor the proximity sensor values in order to obtain more information whether your proximity sensor works or not and what may cause the problem as well as to virtually disable the proximity sensor when in calls, made and received and, also, to make the proximity sensor control the screen with the application Proximity Sensor and Screen. There is a good description how tom use the application inside the application.

Here is more information.

How to download and install :

Look for Version 2.0 or higher of Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes.

The application does not require neither root access nor any third party frames nor products.

Here is more information how to download and install the application :

Go to Google Play Store with your device. Click " APPS ". Click the magnifying glass of the search. Type exactly, character by character, :

Proximity Sensor and Screen by Steven Stanley Bayes

PLEASE, NOTE : MUST BE TYPED EXACTLY AS SHOWN, EXACTLY AT THE " APPS " TAB OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE, BECAUSE THE SEARCH ENGINE OF GOOGLE PLAY STORE IS VERY SENSITIVE.

Click on the displayed app with the same name and author to download and install. The application is also available in many other app stores and online which may or may not show after a general purpose search with google.com and a web browser but some forums where the links are posted may show.

READ THE INFORMATION INSIDE THE APPLICATION FIRST.
i try this on CM11, but don't work :(

rajat6563

Apr 9, 2014
Hisar
I also have the same issue with my Samsung galaxy s3 GT-I9300. I am on cm12 and using blisspop nd also used resurrection remix ROM but same problem no fix. Will use this method nd report here soon.

Sorry no fix... This app is no good

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts