FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

adbsync.exe - Win32 command line syncer

2,453 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,143

By Renate NST, Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 4th February 2013, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd September 2013, 06:24 PM |#11  
Recognized Contributor
Flag SLO
Thanks Meter: 5,816

More
Thank you. It would be nice if a directory could be disabled. The one I have puts cache items with file names over 100 characters, and neither my win computer nor various cloud storage will take them. Wish I could still run linux, but alas, work software I need is win only.

4th September 2013, 08:51 PM |#12  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Halifax
Thanks Meter: 30,210

Donate to Me
More
I'm still seeing issues with the following command putting stuff in the root of the working drive:

Code:
adbsync /hscu /s /ld /v "C:\ADBsync\sdcard\" "/data/media" /i*catalog*
I end up with a bunch of stuff in C:\data\media\ but not everything. So bizarre. I've tried adding/removing trailing slashes from both paths, and all sorts of stuff.

Edit: Seems to be an issue syncing 0 length files (like .nomedia) as well. Not seeing them get created/updated anywhere on the host side, even though adbsync logs report they are.
5th September 2013, 03:29 PM |#13  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Boston

More
Yes, the last version would not write zero length files.
That was a by-product of waiting for valid data before creating the file.

The new version (in the signature) addresses that.

For those that wanted ignoration of directories:
I left the current /i /o flags the way they were, that is, operating only on file names.

In the new version if you want a directory ignored, drop a file called .noadbsync in it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Renate NST For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Renate NST Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 11:55 AM |#14  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate NST

Yes, the last version would not write zero length files.
That was a by-product of waiting for valid data before creating the file.

The new version (in the signature) addresses that.

For those that wanted ignoration of directories:
I left the current /i /o flags the way they were, that is, operating only on file names.

In the new version if you want a directory ignored, drop a file called .noadbsync in it.

Great idea! This new version is still pulling files to my C:\ though (as reported a few times previously).

Any ideas for that issue?
12th September 2013, 01:13 PM |#15  
Boston

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis

Great idea! This new version is still pulling files to my C:\ though (as reported a few times previously).

Any ideas for that issue?

Sorry, I've never seen this.
How many files does it do this to?
Are the filenames weird? Are the paths on the Android weird? Are the paths on the PC weird?
Does it say that it copied them?
Does the correct copy appear also?

I just did a sync like this with a few GB and didn't see anything wrong.
12th September 2013, 01:54 PM |#16  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sorry, I've never seen this.
How many files does it do this to?
Are the filenames weird? Are the paths on the Android weird? Are the paths on the PC weird?
Does it say that it copied them?
Does the correct copy appear also?

I just did a sync like this with a few GB and didn't see anything wrong.

I wouldn't consider C:\ADBsync\sdcard to be a weird path, nor are /data/media/0/ paths particularly weird, especially when booted into CWM recovery like I am (ie. no weird FUSE FS stuff going on, and no symlinks involved). It copies a lot of files, but not all of them. I'll PM you a dir /s of my sdcard directory before and after the sync, a dir /s of the files that show up at C:\data\media and a log of adbsync's output.

This bug fixed and having an option to delete files that are host-only (to make adbsync clean up after itself) are the only 2 things I feel are missing in adbsync.
12th September 2013, 05:39 PM |#17  
Boston

More
Oops.

Yes, there was a problem copying updated Android files that existed on the host to the wrong directory.
That bug popped up in a restructuring of the code.

There is also an improvement for prompter error reporting when attempting to write to Android read-only or protected directories.

Download the new version in the signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Renate NST For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Renate NST Ad-Free
12th September 2013, 08:18 PM |#18  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Oops.

Yes, there was a problem copying updated Android files that existed on the host to the wrong directory.
That bug popped up in a restructuring of the code.

There is also an improvement for prompter error reporting when attempting to write to Android read-only or protected directories.

Download the new version in the signature.

Confirmed squashed!

Seeing another issue now. adbsync is ignoring some files it shouldn't on the host side. I have a backup in my C:\ADBsync\sdcard\clockworkmod\backup\ directory that isn't in /data/media/clockworkmod/backup/ and adbsync isn't showing it in the log.

The command is still:
Code:
adbsync /hscu /s /ld /v "C:\ADBsync\sdcard\" "/data/media" /i*catalog*
So that should include everything. It pulls new backups from the Android side directory just fine, but it seems to ignore the old ones in the host directory.
12th September 2013, 08:52 PM |#19  
Boston

More
You're not syncing from the host to the android.
In this case when adbsync comes across directories on the host that are not on the android it does not even bother enumerating them.
We don't want to waste time traversing everything if we are not going to do anything with it anyway.

If you do want to cover everything in both directions, add /ascu
13th September 2013, 11:27 AM |#20  
Flag Halifax

Donate to Me
More
Hmm. I see your point. However, I don't want to sync in both directions, just have it log what's missing. If there was a proper list only option then that'd be doable with my workaround to delete removed files from the host side (ie. a true host-side sync).

Edit: I know that /ld without /a or /h will list only, but it still doesn't list every host-only difference, like those directories. Could you please make list more thorough and traverse everything, or at least add an option for this?

/ldt maybe?
17th September 2013, 03:06 AM |#21  
Boston

More
Well, how about this?

I cleaned up the code so that it will indicate directories that are not matched.
It still won't poke its nose down directories when it need not.

Code:
E:\Handy\New>adbsync /ld /v E:\Handy\ mnt/sdcard/DCIM/Camera

H                2013-09-17 00:53  Bogus
H             9  2013-09-17 01:43  Goodbye
H             7  2013-09-17 01:43  Hello

H   Host dir only               1
    Files match                68
H   Host file only              2
/l (with nothing) will list everything, in this case 71 lines.
Download in the signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to Renate NST For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Renate NST Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, sync, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)