FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Tool][Windows] Control a device with a broken screen. Now with touchscreen support!!

148 posts
Thanks Meter: 249

By k.janku1, Senior Member on 18th June 2014, 12:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2014, 11:42 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohanchien

Very nice! Works great. I have a suggestion, if it's even possible, a few months back I cracked the screen and digitizer at the same time. Turning the screen on would make the phone go haywire since it was registering multiple "touches" from the broken screen/digitizer. Anyway to implement this with the screen completely turned off? Just curious.

I believe that would require turning off or disabling the digitizer somehow in the kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to k.janku1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k.janku1 Ad-Free

19th June 2014, 11:54 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Divjakovski

thanks for the tool mate! i hope to see it cross compiled for linux soon aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by homephysician

is there a way to make this compatible with ubuntu? thanks

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I'll see what I can do

EDIT: I've tried porting it to Ubuntu with MonoDevelop, but I'm a noob in linux, while the whole program is based on executing shell commands. I hope someone else could try porting it or at least help me. There is a link to the source code in the first post if anyone is interested

For now try using wine
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k.janku1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k.janku1 Ad-Free
20th June 2014, 12:39 AM |#23  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 4

More
What a Great idea/tool. Back in my Gnex days I went through 3 screens due to drops. I'm not a clutz but work can be rough on my phone.
Only 1 time the screen was totally dead but I do have a good repair guy and he fixed it, new screen, the next day. I've downloaded this
just in case. Thanks for your work on this. Hope I never need it but....
20th June 2014, 01:10 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ymcc View Post
I connected (desire hd) and can see my device but it says rejected next to it. How can i fix this ?

Thanks!

try to connect/disconnect or restart the adb server again and click on your phone if a window comes up with something like trust this computer then just click yes.

Its really an useful app! i just used it to try it but its really useful if you have a broken screen.

as my device screen is not working and tool shows rejected
1. phone locked with pattern how to unlock if rejected
2. how can i accept the authorization of computer if i cant see
3. and adb won't work without authorization

now what steps should i take??

definitely the tool works but until i can find option to do these things in order to proceed its not working for me
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andymau For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andymau Ad-Free
20th June 2014, 01:23 AM |#25  
Flag Amman, Jordan
Thanks Meter: 29

More
I am getting an error: "Windows can't open this file: droidAtScreen-1.1.jar...". Any thoughts?
20th June 2014, 01:42 AM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Cant open it
I cant open this app in win xp 32 bit
any idea
20th June 2014, 01:47 AM |#27  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andymau

as my device screen is not working and tool shows rejected
1. phone locked with pattern how to unlock if rejected
2. how can i accept the authorization of computer if i cant see
3. and adb won't work without authorization

now what steps should i take??

definitely the tool works but until i can find option to do these things in order to proceed its not working for me

First try one of those methods that don't require adb to bypass the pattern and then what you could do is use a pc mouse with an usb OTG cable and try unlocking it just by trying accepting the authorization by clicking somwhere in the middle of the screen. I know it sounds kind of stupid but it could work. I've attached a picture that could help a little.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hksc3ab.png
Views:	6883
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	2807600  
The Following User Says Thank You to k.janku1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k.janku1 Ad-Free
20th June 2014, 01:47 AM |#28  
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 7,594

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.janku1

Thanks for the suggestion guys, I'll see what I can do

EDIT: I've tried porting it to Ubuntu with MonoDevelop, but I'm a noob in linux, while the whole program is based on executing shell commands. I hope someone else could try porting it or at least help me. There is a link to the source code in the first post if anyone is interested

For now try using wine

ill check it out abit later and compile a few builds myself
The Following User Says Thank You to Ricky Divjakovski For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th June 2014, 01:51 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Divjakovski

ill check it out abit later and compile a few builds myself

Thanks!
20th June 2014, 01:56 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Poznań

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaLod

I am getting an error: "Windows can't open this file: droidAtScreen-1.1.jar...". Any thoughts?

As I wrote in the first post, it gives an error the first time you open it, as it needs to extract the needed files. Just close the whole program and open it again. You'll also notice that a new folder was created called tools, which contains the droidAtScreen-1.1.jar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal hacker

I cant open this app in win xp 32 bit
any idea

Can you give me any more info? Maybe you have the same problem as AthenaLod quoted above?
20th June 2014, 02:24 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.janku1

As I wrote in the first post, it gives an error the first time you open it, as it needs to extract the needed files. Just close the whole program and open it again. You'll also notice that a new folder was created called tools, which contains the droidAtScreen-1.1.jar.

Can you give me any more info? Maybe you have the same problem as AthenaLod quoted above?

It says it is not a valid win32 application
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
adb, broken, control, screen, tool

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)