[ROM][I605]Official Nightlies CM11.0[KTU84P][4.4.4]

Search This thread

DX.Deception

Apr 3, 2012
OnePlus 11
I hate that you say that because it is actually REALLY simple. All you have to do is follow the instructions to the T and you'll be fine:D

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

So sbrissen, I hate to bother you but can you keep us updated on progress?:cowboy:

Reactions: hopesrequiem

dakoop

Dec 19, 2009
I hate that you say that because it is actually REALLY simple. All you have to do is follow the instructions to the T and you'll be fine:D

---------- Post added at 03:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

So sbrissen, I hate to bother you but can you keep us updated on progress?:cowboy:

I went ahead and tried it but when I get to the restore part it says your phone is not perma rooted and it wont restore

Tkun

Oct 10, 2010
After you added the .old to the files, did they stay that way after a reboot? I tried uninstalling apps through titanium backup, they show they uninstalled, but upon reboot all apps reappear like normal.

also, how did you make betterbatterystats clear, you pull the apk and made it transparent?

Yeah, they stay uninstalled after adding .old and rebooting. And I use this theme to make apps with stock black backgrounds clear. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mix3d.theme.hologlass.beta

Sent from my Galaxy Note II (SCH-I605)

pmsrefugee

Jun 11, 2010
Make sure you are on the latest version of cwm. I had to use one someone posted to download. I read the cwm app doesn't install the latest version. I think it is 4.03 but I'm just guessing.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

It is 6.043

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

dbrickg

Feb 11, 2012

Installing now....

An observation for those who haven't tried ART yet: the part of the boot process where "Android is upgrading" is *much* slower using ART; but just the first time you boot after flashing a new ROM.

And, I'm guessing that what it's doing is rebuilding the "dalvik" cache, which, with ART (still guessing) should probably be renamed the "ART cache"?

Once ART is enabled and the cache is rebuilt my Quadrand Standard score went from a best-ever of around 6200 to over 7300. And apps in general seem much snappier.

... and the new install is done. Looks good!

Thanks much, sbrissen

Reactions: nkhex19

gabe565

Jun 8, 2011
Does anybody know if different mDNIe modes are just not supported in the CM kernel anymore? I know they removed the settings menu in 4.3, but I was still able to modify "/sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/mode" to still change the display mode. Eventually it was only working on custom kernels. Since there aren't any custom kernels being built for 4.4 yet, it just doesn't work at all...

I really love the ROM and it has been my daily driver for a few weeks now, but the screen with the "Dynamic" mDNIe mode just looks terrible and over-saturated...

hovercraftdriver

Sep 27, 2010
Panama City
Does anybody know if different mDNIe modes are just not supported in the CM kernel anymore? I know they removed the settings menu in 4.3, but I was still able to modify "/sys/class/mdnie/mdnie/mode" to still change the display mode. Eventually it was only working on custom kernels. Since there aren't any custom kernels being built for 4.4 yet, it just doesn't work at all...

I really love the ROM and it has been my daily driver for a few weeks now, but the screen with the "Dynamic" mDNIe mode just looks terrible and over-saturated...
Try this...should work with any launcher really...it worked on Apex for me.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47550683&postcount=141

Dwnhiller

Nov 7, 2010
buckley
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
Anther build!! Nice!! More to play with! Love it!! .. Guess I'll clean flash since I got in trouble last time I dirty flashed over builds.

Thank you thank you! Android is my drug of choice and you are my favorite dealer. lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium HD app

metaphysicalgx2

Sep 21, 2011
Does this build have the customizable lock screen spots like the PA ROM has or is that just a general Kit Kat feature that I didn't notice when I was on the first cm11 build?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.4 (KK), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Submitting bug reports on nightly builds is the leading 
     * cause of male impotence.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

PreReqs: Unlocked Bootloader

INSTRUCTIONS
    First time installing CyanogenMod 11.0 to your Galaxy Note 2 I605, or coming from another ROM:
    - Read known issues ans FAQs
    - Flash the latest official ClockworkMod-Recovery
    - Copy GApps and CM11.0 ZIPs to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Flash GApps zip from SDCard
    - DO A DATA WIPE / FACTORY RESET (otherwise your device will be stuck at boot)
    - Reboot
    - Don't restore system data using Titanium Backup!
    - Restoring Apps + Data might cause problems and is not recommended, avoid it if possible!

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 11.0:
    - Copy CM11.0 ZIP to your SDCard
    - Boot into Recovery
    - Flash CM11.0 zip from SDCard
    - Reboot

BUG LIST
    -BT Voice Search

[Nightlies] http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=i605

[GAPPS 4.4] http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps#Downloads

Change log http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#/i605/next

Source http://github.com/CyanogenMod
    be on the lookout for a cm12 thread in the next week ;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Free mobile app
    Almost there. Accelerometer, light, gyro, barometer, and prox sensors are working. Need to fix gravity, linear accel, magnetic, and orientation. :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
    update OP with a new build. L900 is coming next.
    new build up. Probably last one before I push for nightlies.