Micromax Canvas HD A116 Stock ROM Official Update With New Camera app

Search This thread

>-MKG-<

Jul 16, 2013
Bangalore
This is Micromax Canvas HD A116 latest Official Stock update it was released on 2nd July 2013.

Link Updated :

https://www.adrive.com/public/XH5Nhm/S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER.rar

S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER

This update has : New camera is introduced. Software is backward compatible with old camera phones as well.

You might be thinking this update was an old one which you got in May 2013, but if you remember the update you used it was :

S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_09_FLASHER_USER
and this is:

If you have the 4.2 update you have downloaded earlier you can check with it.

I assume you can get this update also by visiting the Micromax Service Center as well.

I am not sure if they will release a 4.3 or a 4.4 now :p

I hope this change is suppose to be a OTA update probable a update.zip file as I don't see a big change log file, just a camera update.
But the above link file is for flashing and it contains the full Firmware/Rom.

I am attaching the Release Version Details in excel sheet.

REQUIREMENTS

• A Micromax Canvas HD A116 with usb data cable
• Please ensure that the battery of your device is above 75%, so you don't get sudden shut down during our process.
• Take full backup of your device.
• Backup data like SMS, contacts, whatsapp data etc etc., as these would be formatted during the process.
• Install the drivers of Micromax Canvas HD from the official Micromax website.
• Download Jelly Bean OS ROM & SP FLASH TOOLS, that you will flash.
• Take the backup of the Calibration with the help of Maui Meta (This is to be done incase you mess up any thing while the upgrade.
restore the calibration taken before flashing into the newly flashed rom)

INSTALLATION:

1. Install drivers - Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86 : http://www.4shared.com/rar/-6_uT3-_/Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86.html
2. Open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1316.0.150 : http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2151360&d=1375120166
3. Select Scatter file from the downloaded ROM version 4.2.x (extract downloaded file from winrar to different folder)and select all files.
4.Goto options->select usb & select USB Mode& DA Download All - & select force to High Speeds
5. Remove battery, Sim Cards & Memory Card
6. Press Firmware Upgrade (Don’t press download)
7. Insert USB data cable to PC & connect your phone & flash tool will detect your phone& downloadingstart automatically
8. When you see green circle than you are done.
9. Remove the cable from your phone insert battery & restart your phone.
10. It will take some times while re-starting and there will be TP Update popup. *
11. You are done& you can insert sim cards & memory card.

* After Flashing and updating there will be a TP UPDATE pop up which will update the TP automatically. So it is advised DON'T TOUCH PHONE's SCREEN ON FIRST BOOT (don't even press the OK button), LET THE TP UPGRADE DO HIS WORK,WAIT FOR AT LEAST 10-15 MINUTES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Then you get a message, that is "Firmware Upgrade Success!" then you can click OK.
You all might be aware of this method to Flash and upgrade Canvas HD as you might have already upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2.
If you had problems when you did that you might wanted to update this by visiting a Micromax Service Center or try to refresh you OTA update by going to system upgrade.

Here is a Tutorial on how to use MTK Flash Tool by DR_MOOSAVI : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982587

As always : Use this at Your own Peril. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your Canvas HD.

Last edited:

m0han

.....Micromax Canvas HD A116 latest Official Stock update it was released on 2nd July 2013. This update has : New camera is introduced. Software is backward compatible with old camera phones as well.....the update you used: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_09_FLASHER_USER and this is: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_13_FLASHER_USER. Take the backup of the Calibration with the help of Maui Meta (This is to be done incase you mess up any thing while the upgrade. restore the calibration taken before flashing into the newly flashed rom).
You all might be aware of this method to Flash and upgrade Canvas HD as you might have already upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2.
did you mean "from 4.1.2 to 4.2.1"? please post screenshots of camera screen, camera settings, "about phone" etc. thanks. hope you've seen this thread. just wanna know if your post links to newer firmware.

Reactions: >-MKG-<

dreamyworld

Aug 1, 2011
You might be thinking this update was an old one which you got in May 2013, but if you remember the update you used it was :

and this is:
S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_13_FLASHER_USER

Is it from moulnisky website?

As of I know we already have this update available. Also have custom roms built on this update (ex:Ritz Turbo).

Also there are number of posts in the General section regarding the update.

Some one correct me If I am wrong.

Anyways thanks for the share and clear instructions, will be useful for the candidates who are new to A116.

Last edited:

>-MKG-<

Jul 16, 2013
Bangalore
did you mean "from 4.1.2 to 4.2.1"? please post screenshots of camera screen, camera settings, "about phone" etc. thanks. hope you've seen this thread. just wanna know if your post links to newer firmware.

The Link you provided has both update, This is the second one which was in that link, you can see the excel I uploaded. I do not have Canvas HD with me. Else I would have provided you with a screenshot.. And there is no link provided to the ROM in that post I guess you can grab the link from my post..

>-MKG-<

Jul 16, 2013
Bangalore

As of I know we already have this update available. Also have custom roms built on this update (ex:Ritz Turbo).

Anyways thanks for the share and clear instructions, will be useful for the candidates who are new to A116.

Yes this update was released on 2nd July 2013, and I mentioned it on my post (so ppl may be having this update also custom roms too), I couldn't find a link to the official stock version (may be the search I did was nt enough :p) so I thought to post this one. Thanks for leaving a comment :)

cheers.

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Dear MKG. You are nearly 40 days late. I have checked the rom is exactly the same which my phone have and posted by vijay4b7. Check the screenshot on his post. Its all same. I am on same rom since long time. :D

Sent from my Micromax A116 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

>-MKG-<

Jul 16, 2013
Bangalore
Please post some SS of the About phone and battery usage.
I am keen to know how stable is the battery life.

Dear Eagledipesh, I do not own a Canvas HD, else I would have already posted the screenshots. How ever I do not see a change log says about a
improved battery life. My friend does own a Canvas HD. If I happens to meet him this weekend or so. I would update this on his phone and try to get some screenshots.

From the other post there is a screenshot of the latest update which he has already posted long ago is the same version update as of this post, I will share the link of the post as well as the screenshot. (The link was already provided in a couple of msg above also.)

The link from which the screenshot is taken is : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2426034 By viijay4b7.

Screenshot of About Phone :
34g0cut.png

IF you go through the OP of his post you can find him quote some of them saying a "Battery backup seems improved but can't be so sure so early..". and another says the "Flickering issue resolved after flashing."

The excel that I uploaded says only about a camera Improvement.

As soon as I get my hand on my friends Canvas HD (with his permission only :p) I will take the screenshot as well as the review of the update..

Cheers :)

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Dear MKG
Seems you posted my screenshot.

>-MKG-<

Jul 16, 2013
Bangalore
Dear MKG. You are nearly 40 days late. I have checked the rom is exactly the same which my phone have and posted by vijay4b7. Check the screenshot on his post. Its all same. I am on same rom since long time. :D

Yes, I have also mentioned this on my OP, the Date.. Since I do not own the phone I do not mind being a bit late. also seeing some comments I still feels that it was worth to post this and it is still use full to some of them who dint realize that there was another update after an update from 4.1.2 - 4.2.1. Most of them got distracted by seeing that it was still a 4.2 update and waiting for a 4.3 update.. Most of them din't even look at

This change.. (Including ME :p that y even I was late in posting this :p :p )

Since you are using the same Rom from a while, It would be use full if you give a review on this update, and it would be use full for eagledipesh as well. Thanks.

Cheers mate..

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
This is Micromax Canvas HD A116 latest Official Stock update it was released on 2nd July 2013.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/s78S7MQZ/S9201_42_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_13_.html

You need to log in to 4shared to download the above file. You can register for free, you need not have a premium account.

This update has : New camera is introduced. Software is backward compatible with old camera phones as well.

and this is:

As always : Use this at Your own Peril. I will not take any responsibility on whatever may happen with your Canvas HD.

It's same which is already posted over here. The only difference is that the old thread was created when the moulnisky was updating his website. The download links are outdated now. You have re-posted the same with the updated links.

I have updated to this and found that Syatem Update (OTA) icon which was introduced in v9 is missing. I have manually explored the system.img and find that DMClient.apk is missing. I have checked the my friend new mobile which has came with v13 as preloaded & found that it has the syatem update client (DMClient.apk).

If you have Baseband version P10 it will remain same. but, the new one has some advanced build date. The Kernel & System will be updated.

I have already contacted Moulnisky regrding this issue. As per his answer it's downloaded from micomax official support site. There might be some chances that Micromax has accidentally missed the update client in the build which was uploaded for service centers.

look at the screenshots

About Phone:
attachment.php

System >> App:
attachment.php

>-MKG-<

Jul 16, 2013
Bangalore
It's same which is already posted over here. The only difference is that the old thread was created when the moulnisky was updating his website. The download links are outdated now. You have re-posted the same with the updated links.

I have updated to this and found that Syatem Update (OTA) icon which was introduced in v9 is missing. I have manually explored the system.img and find that DMClient.apk is missing. I have checked the my friend new mobile which has came with v13 as preloaded & found that it has the syatem update client (DMClient.apk).

If you have Baseband version P10 it will remain same. but, the new one has some advanced build date. The Kernel & System will be updated.

I have already contacted Moulnisky regrding this issue. As per his answer it's downloaded from micomax official support site. There might be some chances that Micromax has accidentally missed the update client in the build which was uploaded for service centers.

look at the screenshots

About Phone:
attachment.php

System >> App:
attachment.php

Thanks for the Detailed Info and screenshots :good:

ravi776

Dec 10, 2012
Mumbai
so the links posted here are of original v13 or moulnisky's coz i already have moulnisky's rom which does not have OTA..

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Since you are using the same Rom from a while, It would be use full if you give a review on this update, and it would be use full for eagledipesh as well. Thanks.
Cheers mate..

I flashed this twice once on 18th October and again recently after some more information by Vijay. Seems you missed my review on his thread at post #100 posted just two days back.

Thank you sharing this :) I din't see a Credit given to you on his post, so I missed out to put a credit for you.. +1ed you :)
You did not understand what I said. I meant my screenshot will be similar to you. No difference in any information in About phone section of your screenshot and info in my phone. :) BTW Thanks and good efforts. Keep it up.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
I flashed this twice once on 18th October and again recently after some more information by Vijay. Seems you missed my review on his thread at post #100 posted just two days back.

You did not understand what I said. I meant my screenshot will be similar to you. No difference in any information in About phone section of your screenshot and info in my phone. :) BTW Thanks and good efforts. Keep it up.

Have you flashed this one? Or vijay's one.?

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk

>-MKG-<

Jul 16, 2013
Bangalore

Cheerss :D :good:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
@>-MKG-<

No, both are not same.

After flashing Vijay's rom users has reported that their baseband became P18 while moulnisky's will remain same. Vijay's rom is extracted from a device that came with preloaded v13. So, It will have OTA app.

Just closely look at my screenshot. Vijay's will be look similar to the third part of the both screenshot. All the dates including apks are newer than the moulnisky's.

Sent from my Micromax A116 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: j_svas

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Link Updated :

https://www.adrive.com/public/XH5Nhm/S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_14_FLASHER_USER.rar

and this is:

I assume you can get this update also by visiting the Micromax Service Center as well.

I am not sure if they will release a 4.3 or a 4.4 now :p

I hope this change is suppose to be a OTA update probable a update.zip file as I don't see a big change log file, just a camera update.
    But the above link file is for flashing and it contains the full Firmware/Rom.

I am attaching the Release Version Details in excel sheet.

REQUIREMENTS

• A Micromax Canvas HD A116 with usb data cable
    • Please ensure that the battery of your device is above 75%, so you don't get sudden shut down during our process.
    • Take full backup of your device.
    • Backup data like SMS, contacts, whatsapp data etc etc., as these would be formatted during the process.
    • Install the drivers of Micromax Canvas HD from the official Micromax website.
    • Download Jelly Bean OS ROM & SP FLASH TOOLS, that you will flash.
    • Take the backup of the Calibration with the help of Maui Meta (This is to be done incase you mess up any thing while the upgrade.
    restore the calibration taken before flashing into the newly flashed rom)

INSTALLATION:

1. Install drivers - Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86 : http://www.4shared.com/rar/-6_uT3-_/Mobistel_Cynus_T1_Drivers_x86.html
    2. Open SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1316.0.150 : http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2151360&d=1375120166
    3. Select Scatter file from the downloaded ROM version 4.2.x (extract downloaded file from winrar to different folder)and select all files.
    4.Goto options->select usb & select USB Mode& DA Download All - & select force to High Speeds
    5. Remove battery, Sim Cards & Memory Card
    6. Press Firmware Upgrade (Don’t press download)
    7. Insert USB data cable to PC & connect your phone & flash tool will detect your phone& downloadingstart automatically
    8. When you see green circle than you are done.
    9. Remove the cable from your phone insert battery & restart your phone.
    10. It will take some times while re-starting and there will be TP Update popup. *
    11. You are done& you can insert sim cards & memory card.

* After Flashing and updating there will be a TP UPDATE pop up which will update the TP automatically. So it is advised DON'T TOUCH PHONE's SCREEN ON FIRST BOOT (don't even press the OK button), LET THE TP UPGRADE DO HIS WORK,WAIT FOR AT LEAST 10-15 MINUTES BEFORE DOING ANYTHING.

Then you get a message, that is "Firmware Upgrade Success!" then you can click OK.
    If you had problems when you did that you might wanted to update this by visiting a Micromax Service Center or try to refresh you OTA update by going to system upgrade.

Here is a Tutorial on how to use MTK Flash Tool by DR_MOOSAVI : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1982587

.....what should i do to change my chd baseband to p18??
    quick short answer: see if this would suffice. read about success here.
    .....Micromax Canvas HD A116 latest Official Stock update it was released on 2nd July 2013. This update has : New camera is introduced. Software is backward compatible with old camera phones as well.....the update you used: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_09_FLASHER_USER and this is: S9201_4.2_MP_F3F8_B1_IN_MMX_13_FLASHER_USER. Take the backup of the Calibration with the help of Maui Meta (This is to be done incase you mess up any thing while the upgrade. restore the calibration taken before flashing into the newly flashed rom).

and this is:

Hello Guyss.. I m using A116i and facing screen flickring issue in my Phone.. And also facing touch problem when phone is on charging.. Please help me how to solve these bugss.. Specially Screen flickring.. Thanks in advance...
    Here is my Stock ROM info screenshot..
    k4VlQI9.png

its because of charger problem. buy new orignal charger from mmx service center , problem will solve , i had the same problem..:cowboy:

---------- Post added at 06:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 06:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 AM ----------

here it is

http://d-h.st/IOJ/

Hit thanx If i helped