Earpiece buzz/rattle in-call

Search This thread

Infinite Jest

Mar 26, 2012
Rockville
I purchased a Verizon M8 second-hand last week and while it has been an excellent phone, I noticed that this unit has a strange, subtle buzz/rattle at certain frequencies in the earpiece when I talk to people. Last night while talking to someone in bed, I found that the problem disappears when the phone is upside down or parallel lengthwise to the ground. I guess I have a couple of questions:

1. The phone was purchased directly from the Verizon store by its original owner; would the Verizon CLNR warranty program deal transfer to me or am I SOL?

2. The unit I have has a display with no discernible defects (a problem I've had with phones in the past), so if possible, I'd like to try to remedy this myself. Has anyone experienced this exact issue or know what would cause the symptom described? It doesn't make phone calls unusable, but it is a bit on the distracting side.

GinoAMelone

Jun 6, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
Any chance this could be the power button or volume rocker rattling? This has been a problem for some people, but I've never heard of it being related to being on a call.