Towelroot for SGH-337 NC1

Search This thread

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
Will this New root method work on this phone??? Or just for 9505 ver. Phone was rooted before I install Kit Kat updates. But now when I click Super SU app it says "There is no SU binary installed, and SuperSU cannot install it. Thanks for any help on this New root method.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
It should work on your device. Remember, though, it just roots, still no custom recovery other than safestrap

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
Towelroot

It should work on your device. Remember, though, it just roots, still no custom recovery other than safestrap

After I root with Towelroot, will I still be able to get the 4.4.3 Update OTA when it comes out?? Also if I then do get 4.4.3 and install, will I keep my boot?? Or back to 0 and have to wait for a way to root it?

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
After I root with Towelroot, will I still be able to get the 4.4.3 Update OTA when it comes out?? Also if I then do get 4.4.3 and install, will I keep my boot?? Or back to 0 and have to wait for a way to root it?

I'm only guessing based on experience on other devices. Generally the ota will work but you do lose root. So yes, there will probably need to be a new and different root method once 4.4.3 comes out.

Also, if you have root and modify or delete any system files the ota will fail.

Last edited:

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
I'm only guessing based on experience on other devices. Generally the ota will work but you do lose root. So yes, there will probably need to be a new and different root method once 4.4.3 comes out.

Also, if you have root and modify or delete any system files the ota will fail.

Thanks jd1639, will just wait till 4.4.3 since maybe not that long away. But AT&T sure does not get in any hurry. Hope you had a nice Father's Day.

Willibda1

Jul 16, 2011
Chicago IL
Working on NC!

It's working on NC1 i was able to move file around in the system using the file explorer. root checker said i was rooted, i did have to install Supersu two times but it is working for me. Tit backup is Backing up. it's a good day! after i rooted i did uninstall towel root.

bigube

Jan 10, 2009
It's working on NC1 i was able to move file around in the system using the file explorer. root checker said i was rooted, i did have to install Supersu two times but it is working for me. Tit backup is Backing up. it's a good day! after i rooted i did uninstall towel root.

Did you still have root after the uninstall?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda premium