[Help] Stupid Question Thread, GNote Edition

Search This thread

Macterror

Nov 6, 2012
eventset perhaps

Hello everyone, I was wondering if you guys could tell me how I could tether my Samsung Note. I mostly need to connect my Ipad to it. I rooted it, installed Titanium backup but once I tried to find the tethering manager app I need to freeze its just not there. I am running 4.0.4 stock. Any help on what I could do?

Macterror

Nov 6, 2012

skinblues

Nov 16, 2009
Is there a way to extract photos from a Kies .sbu backup file? I had a bunch from Hallowe'en and have have since rooted and installed custom ROMs. Is there a way to either extract them from the .sbu file itself or an easy way to restore the backup without having to unroot/re-root and all that jazz? I damn near bricked the thing trying to root the first time and don't want to go through that mess twice more. Thanks.

jawman27

Jan 14, 2012
Latest GAPPS

I keep coming across the 7/26 Gapps package via Google searches. Is it really the most recent? If not, can anyone link me to the most recent. Thanks.

skinblues

Nov 16, 2009
Is there a way to extract photos from a Kies .sbu backup file? I had a bunch from Hallowe'en and have have since rooted and installed custom ROMs. Is there a way to either extract them from the .sbu file itself or an easy way to restore the backup without having to unroot/re-root and all that jazz? I damn near bricked the thing trying to root the first time and don't want to go through that mess twice more. Thanks.

Beardedface

Nov 3, 2012
So I would ask this in the blackstar rom section but I am a junior member, can I flash any lock screen or only the ones offered in the OTA, sorry I am a noob, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Trevino07

Mar 18, 2011
St. Louis
So I would ask this in the blackstar rom section but I am a junior member, can I flash any lock screen or only the ones offered in the OTA, sorry I am a noob, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Disregard the previous statement! I recommend only using what's in the ota as far as lock mods

Last edited:

MetKiller Joe

Nov 17, 2012
@[Flash Counter Reset][AT&T, Rogers, Telus, Bell] Reset your flash counter

I'm researching flashing my SGH-i717 into the Liquid Jelly Bean ROM. I've done stuff like this before on the iPhone, so I'm not new to how well one can fry his\her phone.

Has anybody had success getting a claim against their warranty with this method? There is an entire thread of people who seem to be happy with the method, but I don't know how many have filed against their phone warranties.

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
A good spicy burrito could move those flames to a more southern region.

Flaming roids are no joke ...
Save yourselves !!!
It's too late for me .....g

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

@[Flash Counter Reset][AT&T, Rogers, Telus, Bell] Reset your flash counter

I'm researching flashing my SGH-i717 into the Liquid Jelly Bean ROM. I've done stuff like this before on the iPhone, so I'm not new to how well one can fry his\her phone.

Has anybody had success getting a claim against their warranty with this method? There is an entire thread of people who seem to be happy with the method, but I don't know how many have filed against their phone warranties.

This method is safe and effective...
The reports are true, as this method works very well in resetting the flash counter.

Just be sure to download the correct version for your phone, or it will jam you up ....g

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First: Google is your best friend. Please use Google first. This thread is being created for new and old users alike. It's only purpose is a safe place to ask those questions you feel may be too stupid to ask anywhere else.

Second: No question is too stupid. Any question asked here shall be deemed a good question because you were smart enough to ask it.

Third: This is not an original idea. All thanks and credit goes to lumin30 for coming up with this idea. http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=1494423 and to ShadyAce80 who brought the idea here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1849043

Fourth: I am not claiming to be able to answer any questions.. Might even ask some .. Just wanted to have a place for those Note
    questions that users might have.

**This Community has a Super thread which could provide answers to a lot of your questions, the Super thread is open to everyone as a resource page:

[Road & Ref Map]: Galaxy Note Super Everything Thread (I717)

So here we go...open for business. Lets try and be helpful. Any flaming will be reported. All of XDA rules still apply. Flaming and the belittling of other users will not be tolerated and dealt with by the moderation team.

Ask away .. answer if you can .. above all .. have fun and play nice.
    ;)
    never do anything to your phone when you are drunk..
    And if your friend is not much into modding the phone himself ... I'd suggest an ics ROM .. As we all know they are just more stable right now. You might find yourself being his personal tech support.

Since you state you are an ultra noob, the best thing you can do right now is to edgumacate yourself. The best way to do that, is to go here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28040353

Do some reading so you have an idea in your head what you are doing.

Read about rooting and flashing.

Once you look it over and familiarize yourself with the process .. Come back with any questions. At this point do you even know if you are rooted ... And what that means?

A few apps will pull the background image from the framework-res.apk in the drawable-nodpi folder(settings, tibu, etc.). Contacts background is pulled from its own nodpi folder. Touchwiz is a different animal, but similar in how it pulls the bg image. You'll find that most apps have their own bg image. And please....correct me if I'm wrong as well. :)