[Q] WP8 Skype for Lumia 525

Search This thread

prescript

Sep 19, 2013
I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?

myst02

Feb 20, 2014
I upgraded the Skype version 2.16.0.266 in Lumia 525 in which they have removed the option to login directly using Skype credentials. They are now forcing users to link Skype account with MS account which sucks. Can someone please provide an older version xap of Skype for WP8, in which we could login directly using Skype credentials without having to link the account with an Microsoft account?

Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.

prescript

Sep 19, 2013
But WHY!

Hey,

just need to log in at here and your account will be changed to your Microsoft account, then you can log in into app.

I don't want to do that. I want to use the older version of Skype in which linking was not necessary. If only someone who has not upgraded their Skype can extract and make the xap file available :fingers-crossed:

DaviUnic

May 12, 2011
Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...

prescript

Sep 19, 2013
The problem is choice

Sorry for asking, but what exactly is the reason behind still needing the Skype login and refusing to link it to your MS account? You need the MS account to use most the phone anyway...

Skype PC app permits it, Skype android app permits it. Even the phones that declined to upgrade the WP8 Skype app are permitted to use Skype without linking. So why should I be forced to link?

Reactions: winphoneuser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The problem is choice

Skype PC app permits it, Skype android app permits it. Even the phones that declined to upgrade the WP8 Skype app are permitted to use Skype without linking. So why should I be forced to link?