FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[Video Tutorial] Noob Proof Everything Desire Guide UPDATED [04/04/11][Video Tut]

1,221 posts
Thanks Meter: 980

By LINKSLOVESANDROID, Senior Member on 31st March 2011, 05:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th June 2011, 10:50 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Many thanks bro...working perfectly for me. Will keep me occupied for days playing with new roms.

19th June 2011, 11:45 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi.
i'm getting stuck at step 5.
After booting computer and plugging in the phone i think it doesn't load properly as i get repeated messages saying - sense key : hardware error - (and some other stuff) and then after a bit the screen goes blank but the computer is still on. i'd previously flashed a gingerbread .zip rom onto the phone if that is a problem?
20th June 2011, 02:23 PM |#13  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,655

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtripp

hi.
i'm getting stuck at step 5.
After booting computer and plugging in the phone i think it doesn't load properly as i get repeated messages saying - sense key : hardware error - (and some other stuff) and then after a bit the screen goes blank but the computer is still on. i'd previously flashed a gingerbread .zip rom onto the phone if that is a problem?

This is for Gparted? Does it work without plugging the phone in?
20th June 2011, 11:00 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
a huuge thanks to u my friend
worked like a charm
22nd June 2011, 09:04 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Nice and easy to follow instructions.

Just have one question. I made partition as showed, but i still have very little room for apps. Do i need to somehow move them to ext partition or move something else to ext partiotion?
23rd June 2011, 10:22 AM |#16  
Flag south bucks
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Thumbs up
cheers man, worked a treat, even sim unlocked it. would have not done it without your guide, thanks a bunch,
24th June 2011, 04:58 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
does this works also for branded phones?
mine was locked and branded by three uk
27th June 2011, 12:28 AM |#18  
Flag Vancouver, BC
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Thanks for the instructions !!

I want to unroot my phone, in order to unlock it, then I'll root again.
I have couple of questions:

1) If I take Nandroid backup now that I'm rooted and have custom Rom, can I restore my phone using this backup after I've unroot and root my phone again using same method ?

2) I tried to flash my Desire with shipped RUUs, tried different ones, but none of them worked and they gave me error that the RUU doesn't match my phone or sth .. So someone told me that they have a solution to this. He said I just have to get the rom.zip file from the RUU and rename it to PB99IMG.ZIP and put it in the root of my SD card and using bootloader, I can unroot and go back to stock froyo. The problem is when the bootloader looks into my SD card to find the zip file, it doesn't find it !! I tried different SD cards and changed the name to PB99IMG with and without ".ZIP" and none of them worked !! What am I doing wrong here ?

3) I got an unlock code from interenet, my friends used that website and they unlocked their unrooted HTCs successfully, but I can't because it said I the phone ahs to be unrooted, is that right ?

Many many thanks in advance
27th June 2011, 05:18 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
ok after partitioning, what is the 1gb used for since moving the apps are to the left 13 gb of memory ?? since all the apps are moved to the 13gb fat32 part...
28th June 2011, 05:56 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amir88

Thanks for the instructions !!

I want to unroot my phone, in order to unlock it, then I'll root again.
I have couple of questions:

1) If I take Nandroid backup now that I'm rooted and have custom Rom, can I restore my phone using this backup after I've unroot and root my phone again using same method ?

2) I tried to flash my Desire with shipped RUUs, tried different ones, but none of them worked and they gave me error that the RUU doesn't match my phone or sth .. So someone told me that they have a solution to this. He said I just have to get the rom.zip file from the RUU and rename it to PB99IMG.ZIP and put it in the root of my SD card and using bootloader, I can unroot and go back to stock froyo. The problem is when the bootloader looks into my SD card to find the zip file, it doesn't find it !! I tried different SD cards and changed the name to PB99IMG with and without ".ZIP" and none of them worked !! What am I doing wrong here ?

3) I got an unlock code from interenet, my friends used that website and they unlocked their unrooted HTCs successfully, but I can't because it said I the phone ahs to be unrooted, is that right ?

Many many thanks in advance

You shouldnt have to be unrooted, no. Also, you dont need unlock codes for the desire anymore. See here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=943726
28th June 2011, 05:57 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salahzantout

ok after partitioning, what is the 1gb used for since moving the apps are to the left 13 gb of memory ?? since all the apps are moved to the 13gb fat32 part...

The 1GB is supposed to be used for apps. What rom are you using It should be an a2sd+ rom.

To understand this a bit better, pelase read the FAQ in my signature.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)