FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Video Tutorial] Noob Proof Everything Desire Guide UPDATED [04/04/11][Video Tut]

1,221 posts
Thanks Meter: 980

By LINKSLOVESANDROID, Senior Member on 31st March 2011, 04:38 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2011, 04:57 PM |#21  
Flag Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks Meter: 19,655

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salahzantout

ok after partitioning, what is the 1gb used for since moving the apps are to the left 13 gb of memory ?? since all the apps are moved to the 13gb fat32 part...

The 1GB is supposed to be used for apps. What rom are you using It should be an a2sd+ rom.

To understand this a bit better, pelase read the FAQ in my signature.

28th June 2011, 11:21 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Timmins, Ont
Thanks Meter: 980

More
Hello All! sorry ive been away on a wonderful voyage with my magical desire hd! then in august ill b hoping on a sensation. im sorry 4 lacking updates on this thread friends! i see its still being used and highly loved by the site. so ive decided maybe its time i pass this thread to another dedicated user whos willing to put down some time to update it. if any1 is interested, plz msg me. as much as i love the thank you button being clicked, id perfer to make all u dedicated desire users happy. so plz if any1 is interested, plz msg me
The Following User Says Thank You to LINKSLOVESANDROID For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LINKSLOVESANDROID Ad-Free
29th June 2011, 09:26 AM |#23  
Flag Bombay
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Noob question.
Do we partition the sd card i.e phone memory or the ext sd card.
Also once this is done, is the rom meant to be placed at root sd or sd ext?
I have already done the rooting and s-off.
Waiting to flash....
Sorry if this doesn't belong here!
29th June 2011, 11:11 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
I have owned a HTC magic rooted it and done the whole custom ROM thing, recently got a Samsung Captivate, the same thing Rooted.
Last night got a HTC Desire for a 'very' good price, and used this Tutorial, I must say Hats off to you Sir, an amasing Tutorial, it couldn't have been any easier, every other Thread in XDA should take a look at this.

Thank you so much
29th June 2011, 04:04 PM |#25  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 896

More
Question
Quick question:

I flashed a new radio (5.14.05.17) on my desire, does that matter when installing my stock RUU? (I had 5.11.05.27 before) or Would I need to downgrade the radio?
29th June 2011, 05:29 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bortak

Quick question:

I flashed a new radio (5.14.05.17) on my desire, does that matter when installing my stock RUU? (I had 5.11.05.27 before) or Would I need to downgrade the radio?

RUU's return the device completely to stock. This means it flashes NAND, recovery, Hboot and Radio. Whatever Radio is in the RUU filename is what radio will get flashed when using the RUU
The Following User Says Thank You to danarama For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift danarama Ad-Free
1st July 2011, 10:58 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:

The 1GB is supposed to be used for apps. What rom are you using It should be an a2sd+ rom.

first thanks for replying

second, i have CM7 ROM, the same one u put in the tutorial and eeven have flashed, everything is working perfectly but the ext4 partition is killing me its not even being used, but i must mention that i put the install location to external ( assuming it to install on sd card )

however everytime i click on move to sd card they go to the fat32 partition

finally, i read ur faq, as u stated i now put the install location to internal, and ive checked info system and the a2sd is there and the free is less than the total..., but unfortunately its barely used... i assume that was because i changed the installation loccation to external right ??

and at last, from now on after i followed ur steps... will every app - even from market - get installed on the ext4 partition ?? and is there any recommendations u might add for that ?? and how will the real internal memory - the one provided by htc - be used ? will it stay the same since all apps will get installed on ext4 partition ?

ps : its the first time i flash a rom and great thanks to u ur tutorials have helped alot
2nd July 2011, 08:49 AM |#28  
Flag Sri Jayawardanapura
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Many Thanks my friend.. just installed RcMix Gingerbread.. couldnt have done it without your guide.. Respect!. (bow)
3rd July 2011, 03:17 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
!!!SOLVED!!!
4th July 2011, 07:32 AM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by salahzantout

first thanks for replying

second, i have CM7 ROM, the same one u put in the tutorial and eeven have flashed, everything is working perfectly but the ext4 partition is killing me its not even being used, but i must mention that i put the install location to external ( assuming it to install on sd card )

however everytime i click on move to sd card they go to the fat32 partition

finally, i read ur faq, as u stated i now put the install location to internal, and ive checked info system and the a2sd is there and the free is less than the total..., but unfortunately its barely used... i assume that was because i changed the installation loccation to external right ??

and at last, from now on after i followed ur steps... will every app - even from market - get installed on the ext4 partition ?? and is there any recommendations u might add for that ?? and how will the real internal memory - the one provided by htc - be used ? will it stay the same since all apps will get installed on ext4 partition ?

ps : its the first time i flash a rom and great thanks to u ur tutorials have helped alot

Download simple2ext from the market. Use it to use the ext for apps and dalvik cache

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
4th July 2011, 08:30 AM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hello !
I had the following problem: the desire always boot in Fastboot.
I tried both : Bootscreen ( Hboot 093 s-on-rom clockmod 2507rcmix2.0)
Fastboot( at the top of screen) is coloured red.
and h-Boot coloured blue.
Both times boot need 5 seconds and only if i put out batterie it needs more.
-Whats wrong ?

Found it for myself ( settings/power /fastboot)

kind regards
gandalf
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)