FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[TOOL] V4.0.3-xdaAutoTool ALL-Win | V5.0.0b-xdaautoAPKTool | V1.0.3-xdaautoDeoTool

5,105 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,005

By xavierjohn22, Inactive Recognized Developer on 27th April 2011, 06:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th April 2011, 06:14 PM |#21  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivanovic

Thanks a lot for the tool. I m gonna give it a try tomorrow while preparing the greek pack for the latest MIUI

Yup, no problem. will cut down more than half of your time spent, lol.

28th April 2011, 06:30 PM |#22  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierjohn22

Ah sorry too, i was not clear either.

Usually i do values-en or values-zh or drawable-en when i do translation in miui.

Anyways, it should save the changes upon recompile.
During build usable make sure:
Overwrite resources.arsc : (10) = ON
Overwrite classes.dex : (11) = ON

10, mostly handle those edits in values xml files
11, when smali edits are made

EDIT:
Ah shocks wait, i am looking at it, seems like i turned it off by bypassing the script

Ah yeah, geez. it only handles the added resources like values-en or drawable-en, since i am experimenting on the -u switches of 7za

Okay for now do this

1) After doing [3], recompiling the apk

2) Copy the file _INPUT_APK\framework-res\build\apk\res\drawable\progress_horizontal.xml to
_CUSTOM_RES\framework-res\build\apk\res\drawable\progress_horizontal.xml

3) Copy the file _INPUT_APK\framework-res\res\value\styles.xml to
_CUSTOM_RES\framework-res\res\value\styles.xml
(these are the binary of your edited file)

4) Once this is done, make sure that "Overwrite res using _CUSTOM_RES" is ON, it is ON by default

5) then do build usable, It should overwrite those binaries in the APK

Thanks for the catch, i'll update it when this week past, saturday and sunday is miui day for me, lol
The Following User Says Thank You to xavierjohn22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xavierjohn22 Ad-Free
28th April 2011, 08:58 PM |#23  
Flag Nootdorp
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
Hi Xavier,

I've tried your tool but only get this:
"Java was not found, you will not be able to sign apks or use apktool"
Java is installed Java6 on win7x64.
Any idea how to solve this?

On what system does it work fine?

thnx
28th April 2011, 09:10 PM |#24  
Flag Amersfoort
Thanks Meter: 83

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reef2009

Hi Xavier,

thnx

Yesterday i thied it for myself and did a test with the languagepack update 2 or 3, i followed the steps and erverything worked. The only thing i didn't test was if the flashable really worked.
I did not see anything what had to do with java.
Using win7x32 which java i use... i don't know.
28th April 2011, 09:20 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 488

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reef2009

Hi Xavier,

thnx

try to install JDK and JRE, this maybe fix your problem
28th April 2011, 09:40 PM |#26  
Flag Nootdorp
Thanks Meter: 127

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffie75

Yesterday i thied it for myself and did a test with the languagepack update 2 or 3, i followed the steps and erverything worked. The only thing i didn't test was if the flashable really worked.
I did not see anything what had to do with java.
Using win7x32 which java i use... i don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midian666

try to install JDK and JRE, this maybe fix your problem

Thnx guys,

Got it working
Needed Java x64 even when I x86 installed for the Android Kitchen already

Gona play with it tomorrow
28th April 2011, 11:12 PM |#27  
Flag Amersfoort

More
Still got a question how to use your AUTO APK TOOL.

I have downloaded Multi Lang Update 4, unzipped it and put the APKs in _INPUT_APK.
JW made an update for the translations, those are strings, arrays and plurals.
How do i use the update JW made?

Is the fisrt thing i do "decompile" (APKs are in_INPUT_APK), when decompiled i get 'new' folders in _INPUT_APK with the strings etc, can i copy the updated folders to _INPUT_APK so it overwrites the "old" folders and after that recompile and follow the steps 3, 4, and 18 to make my updated flashable language pack?

Ofcourse i only want the NL pack so it is possible to delete the languages i don't use/want?

Which folders/files are "forbidden" to delete, i mean which folders/files are needed for a good running ROM. I do not know how to put it clear to explain, so i hope you know what i mean.

Thnx for now and i'm off to bed. goodnight all.
29th April 2011, 01:51 AM |#28  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Still got a question how to use your AUTO APK TOOL.

I have downloaded Multi Lang Update 4, unzipped it and put the APKs in _INPUT_APK.
JW made an update for the translations, those are strings, arrays and plurals.
How do i use the update JW made?

Is the fisrt thing i do "decompile" (APKs are in_INPUT_APK), when decompiled i get 'new' folders in _INPUT_APK with the strings etc, can i copy the updated folders to _INPUT_APK so it overwrites the "old" folders and after that recompile and follow the steps 3, 4, and 18 to make my updated flashable language pack?

Ofcourse i only want the NL pack so it is possible to delete the languages i don't use/want?

Which folders/files are "forbidden" to delete, i mean which folders/files are needed for a good running ROM. I do not know how to put it clear to explain, so i hope you know what i mean.

Thnx for now and i'm off to bed. goodnight all.

yeah i got what you mean.

Easiest way is
- decompile my multilang apks, (remove the ones we dont translate)
- yes it will all be in the _INPUT_APK folder (it will recreate struture there)
- yes copy jan willem 3's updates over in the _INPUT_APK folder structure
- it will overwrite all files
- then recompile after copying it over (if all is translated well, it should have no errors)
- then build usable
- then 18 build the flashable, (delete the build.prop inside the flashable_update.zip and inside the system folder before building it, if you know what it is for then just reuse it)

NOTE
as i have said, you can delete all that has values-pt, values-de, raw-de, etc. but you might delete something that is needed so don't delete values folder
the only complicated apk is the framework-res so you can leave that one out if you want

another method
- grab the apks from the en-zh rom
- then just add jan willem 3's nl sources in the decompiled folder structure
- then recompile
- build usable
- 18, build flashable
30th April 2011, 12:21 PM |#29  
Flag Amersfoort

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavierjohn22

yeah i got what you mean.

Easiest way is
- decompile my multilang apks, (remove the ones we dont translate)
- yes it will all be in the _INPUT_APK folder (it will recreate struture there)
- yes copy jan willem 3's updates over in the _INPUT_APK folder structure
- it will overwrite all files
- then recompile after copying it over (if all is translated well, it should have no errors)
- then build usable
- then 18 build the flashable, (delete the build.prop inside the flashable_update.zip and inside the system folder before building it, if you know what it is for then just reuse it)

NOTE
as i have said, you can delete all that has values-pt, values-de, raw-de, etc. but you might delete something that is needed so don't delete values folder
the only complicated apk is the framework-res so you can leave that one out if you want

another method
- grab the apks from the en-zh rom
- then just add jan willem 3's nl sources in the decompiled folder structure
- then recompile
- build usable
- 18, build flashable

When i would copy JW his update (in this case it isn't the update tranlation for 1.4.29 as far as i know). How do i get the new strings and the string that are deleted?

If i take the APP-EN_BASE_1.4.22_20110423.rar for expamle.
I put it in the right folder and decompile, remove everything i don't want to have (the other languages) and i copy the latest translation in to that folder it will overwrite everything and would delete the new strings that haven't been translated yet (so after copying it is possible that i will miss a few strings).
(When copying a file with a size of 1mb and you copy it to the same file, but that one is bigger (say 1.5mb) the 1mb file will overwrite the 1.5mb file, so this "new" file has a size of 1mb am i correct? Or am i totally wrong and confused?)
30th April 2011, 12:37 PM |#30  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

When i would copy JW his update (in this case it isn't the update tranlation for 1.4.29 as far as i know). How do i get the new strings and the string that are deleted?

If i take the APP-EN_BASE_1.4.22_20110423.rar for expamle.
I put it in the right folder and decompile, remove everything i don't want to have (the other languages) and i copy the latest translation in to that folder it will overwrite everything and would delete the new strings that haven't been translated yet (so after copying it is possible that i will miss a few strings).
(When copying a file with a size of 1mb and you copy it to the same file, but that one is bigger (say 1.5mb) the 1mb file will overwrite the 1.5mb file, so this "new" file has a size of 1mb am i correct? Or am i totally wrong and confused?)

Confuse and wrong.

Remember that when you use 1.4.22 there are other strings that you will miss and might have been deleted.
You will have a hard time recompiling. Best is to compare 1.4.22 with 1.4.29 strings by:

Decompiling the new OTA 1.4.29 APKS
After decompiling you can compare the new strings generated in in the input folder, for Settings as example.

After decompiling all go to
\_INPUT_APK\Settings\res\values\strings.xml

You can compare that English Strings to your DA string in 1.4.22
you will see there are many changes so you cant use the 1.4.22 strings especially if they got deleted.
You will update your strings in values-da then to match what is in values strings.xml and translate it.
Then you will have a successful recompile and fully translated settings.apk

That is the work i do every week.
I added the new strings to your DA strings.xml
Then i copy that to values-da
Then recompile all the APKS
30th April 2011, 12:42 PM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
@1982strand

Code:
W/ResourceType( 2712): Bad XML block: header size 261 or total size 0 is larger than data size 0
C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\AutoAPKTool1.0.2\_INPUT_APK\Gallery\res\menu-da\media_context_menu.xml:14: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name (at 'id' with value '@id/set_or_cancel_cover').
Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8651035744520181830.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Administrator\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\AutoAPKTool1.0.2\_INPUT_APK\Gallery\res, -M, C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\AutoAPKTool1.0.2\_INPUT_APK\Gallery\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(Unknown Source)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Unknown Source)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Unknown Source)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Unknown Source)
	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Unknown Source)
	at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Unknown Source)
	at brut.apktool.Main.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8651035744520181830.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Administrator\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\AutoAPKTool1.0.2\_INPUT_APK\Gallery\res, -M, C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\AutoAPKTool1.0.2\_INPUT_APK\Gallery\AndroidManifest.xml]
	at brut.util.OS.exec(Unknown Source)
	... 7 more
The Gallery has a change in the menu xml file
This one "\_INPUT_APK\Gallery\res\menu-da\media_context_menu.xml"

What you need to do.

After DEcompile of the Gallery
Go to that file, compare it with your 1.4.22 string, you will see that something has change, only the "rename" string needs to be change, use the newest xml and created your menu-da to put that new xml

In miuimusic
There's also a string difference
This error mean that music_picker item is not found anywhere in the APK public, no use for it.
I suggest compare the strings.xml in values over your values-da

Code:
recompiling MiuiMusic.apk... 
I: Smaling...
I: Building resources...
aapt: warning: string 'music_picker' has no default translation in C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\AutoAPKTool1.0.2\_INPUT_APK\MiuiMusic\res; found: de
I: Building apk file...
WHEnever you get errors of " has no default translation ", often you have use a string that is not needed

ALSO YOU CAN DECOMPILE AND RECOMPILE A SINGLE APK SO IT IS FASTER, ONLY THE APKS WITH ERRORS.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)