42 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By vincew, Member on 18th November 2008, 10:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th June 2009, 10:29 PM |#1001  
U.S. of A.
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hey if SE makes a phone with such a fault in the first place, we never know what they do next

I bent my cover too a little bit but I really don't think that is what makes this "scratch" there. And I took the cover off only once (to look at it when I saw your pic

It was there from the beginning.

What I also recognized is that this phone rattles quite a bit! Not only when shaken... just when moves or turned it rattles. This is probably the keyboard mechanism/slide but this is the first one that makes this noise this much and loud! By the way, this is my 6th or even 7th phone. All priors except 1 got the crack!!! The one that didn't get the crack after weeks, I just thought... (wrong perhaps!!!) that since that one was a 08W51, if I get a 09 model I would be even more safe...! I was very wrong. My last one was 09W03 and got it after 1 week!!!

PS
And now another thing I found: the battery has changed! It states now some strange line saying its 1450maH / 1500 ! What the heck...! I will see if this makes the battery stay cooler but they should have increased the power not reduced it!

18th June 2009, 08:29 AM |#1002  

More
Since a few weeks ago, I've had this some sort of little hole on the left lower side of my silver X1i.

It's around the volume speaker on the silver metal thingy.. it's not really a crack but more like a small hole.. like someone got a needle and stuck it through the metal. :\

Do you guys think I should send it for repair? I haven't seen any other cracks or stuff like that.
18th June 2009, 02:43 PM |#1003  
U.S. of A.
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Question
Got a picture?
18th June 2009, 03:20 PM |#1004  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadeadman

I oso kena a few more cracks. SE at wisma ask me pay $60

wat the..... where is ur crack at??? mine is at the chrome and Stylus.....
18th June 2009, 04:14 PM |#1005  

More
singapore SE is **** up! I sent to repair stating the case crack. They insist it's not manufacturing fault. I brought the proof down with this forum link and they INSIST forum is forum, users are users. They can say wahtever they want.
19th June 2009, 08:06 AM |#1006  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelthemage

Got a picture?

Unfortunately not at the moment, I'll make one later.
19th June 2009, 08:51 AM |#1007  

More
heyy i just bought a x1 and im really worried about mine developing cracks too! One thing i have noticed is that the cracks are developing on the plastic part ontop/below the battery cover? are these older x1's? because the one i have is actaully rubber there, and not plastic. would the rubber ones still develop cracks there?
19th June 2009, 09:04 AM |#1008  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkai21

singapore SE is **** up! I sent to repair stating the case crack. They insist it's not manufacturing fault. I brought the proof down with this forum link and they INSIST forum is forum, users are users. They can say wahtever they want.

We should all go down one day, 4 or 5 ppl with cracks.
19th June 2009, 09:32 AM |#1009  

More
My X1a has had two cracks (one on the chrome and one in the battery compartment) for a while now, but I haven't called SE simply because it's not a good time for me to be without a phone at the moment.

Anyway, looking through a lot of the photos in this thread, I started wondering if whether the cracks partly have to do with the way people hold the phone while using the keyboard. Has this possibility been discussed?

I used to hold the phone with my index fingers under the left and right sides (in landscape mode), while my thumbs press down in the middle where the phone is unsupported.

Recently I've switched to extending my fingers so most of the weight is supported by my finger tips under the center of the keyboard. When I type with my thumbs, I can feel the pressure go straight down through the battery cover to my fingertips, rather than out to the left and right and possibly flexing the unit. Any thoughts, or am I just imagining things?

I can see this as a possible reason the X1a's report less cracks, since texting isn't as prevalent in the US (especially since the high school and college kids that text the most probably wouldn't be the ones who can afford an unlocked phone at retail price.) Just a thought...
19th June 2009, 10:18 AM |#1010  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky42

My X1a has had two cracks (one on the chrome and one in the battery compartment) for a while now, but I haven't called SE simply because it's not a good time for me to be without a phone at the moment.

Anyway, looking through a lot of the photos in this thread, I started wondering if whether the cracks partly have to do with the way people hold the phone while using the keyboard. Has this possibility been discussed?

I used to hold the phone with my index fingers under the left and right sides (in landscape mode), while my thumbs press down in the middle where the phone is unsupported.

Recently I've switched to extending my fingers so most of the weight is supported by my finger tips under the center of the keyboard. When I type with my thumbs, I can feel the pressure go straight down through the battery cover to my fingertips, rather than out to the left and right and possibly flexing the unit. Any thoughts, or am I just imagining things?

I can see this as a possible reason the X1a's report less cracks, since texting isn't as prevalent in the US (especially since the high school and college kids that text the most probably wouldn't be the ones who can afford an unlocked phone at retail price.) Just a thought...

Can't be. There are cracks all over mine. Near the stylus, power button, camera, side
19th June 2009, 02:50 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 146

More
so i just got mine cracked near the volume rocker button few weeks ago and it still annoys me. haha.

i was wondering if i ship it back to singapore service center for a check, do you guys think they would just replace my phone to a new one or get it repaired? i just don't like the idea that if they repair it, things might get worse when they assemble it back on,, for instance, scratched while putting them back together or something get loose inside. if so, i would just let it be and maybe one day i wouldn't care much about the crack anymore! haha. if it's you, what would you do??
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
case crack, cracks, xperia crack

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)