Thanks Meter: 10

More
i also have this crack on my phone!!!!!

bought it from vodafone when it came out in the end of october

20th November 2008, 12:40 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Angry
Thank god I'm still not experiencing any of the problems stated in this topic. I've got a silver one, but everything is still fine. The only thing that annoys me about it is dust getting stuck at the edge of the screen.

Edit/update: I just picked up my phone and took the stylus out and after a good look, my X1 has the stylus area cracked as well! As mentioned before, it's the silver version. Mine is 9 days old now

The other people with cracked cases... Do you have a black version or a silver version? Maybe it's just one of the two having the issue?
20th November 2008, 03:27 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
No crack for me. Bought it unbranded.
20th November 2008, 03:30 AM |#24  
Flag New York, NY
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by holdout

No crack for me. Bought it unbranded.

Black or silver?

This is pretty depressing... SE better fix these issues.
20th November 2008, 03:35 AM |#25  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 0

More
well nearly had mine for a month now... so far my one isn't anything like the photo.. but its making me think whether i should use my finger rather than the stylus more... though the inner part of the stylus slot on mine is slightly worn already....
20th November 2008, 10:44 AM |#26  
Flag Scotland
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I have always carried a spare stylus in my pocket loose. I tend to loose a few every now and then but I try not to use the one in the device as I have had a few that have just dropped out from wear and tare. anyone who has cracks or can see a crack appearing take it back asap they will only get worse.
20th November 2008, 10:52 AM |#27  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Currently Reverse Engineering 42
Thanks Meter: 1,792

More
Be aware Vodafone UK don't have the x1 in the repairs system yet, I took my destroyed X1 in to be exchanged under the insurance and depsite it being approved the repairs dept said it would take 6 weeks before the systems were updated (they later said 2 weeks to CS but I don't believe them).

If you find this is the case then have a talk with CS they are very helpful..
20th November 2008, 10:56 AM |#28  

More
I went back to the store with my X1 today and they didn't want to change it for a new one as I was one day late to return it (the limit is 8 days). The frustrating thing is that if I would have discovered it earlier yesterday I would be in time to get it swapped for a new one , too late by 1 day

Now I have the option to either visit the providers customer center where they might be able to fix it immediatly or have it send back and I will have to do without for a couple of weeks. I decided to keep this one for now and I will see if anything else will start breaking on it. If so, I will definitly go back to the store again.

I don't have to worry about the damage too much as the phone has been insurance and that covers this damage. Later today I will try and contact the SE's Xperia service line and see what they have to say about this.
20th November 2008, 12:24 PM |#29  

More
after reading the thread, I have a few questions:
- why is it mainly the silver ones that get cracked? Is it because most people bought silver, difference in material around stylus (although there's a guy with a black one that has a crack), a lot of sytlus usage in terms of taking the stylus out under a certain angle and causing the casing to crack on its weakest point? I am trying to determine wheather this can be prevented if I limit the stylus usage on minimum and take it it out gently.
- for how long have the people with the problem had the phone? Are the phones affected from the first batch or does it not matter?
- and another one unrelated to casing breakage - how many of you are noticing the discoloration (paint coming off) of the keys under the screen.
- what is the SE policy (if any) if it comes to it. do they exchange phones or send you on your merry way?

I must admit, when I first read the thread I was devastated. On of the main reasons I chose this WM phone over any other was build quality, now I just don't know anymore.
20th November 2008, 12:37 PM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabe

although there's a guy with a black one that has a crack

Where did you read that?
20th November 2008, 12:42 PM |#31  

More
esato

so anybody with a black x1 here who can shed some light on the material orund stylus opening - is it plastic or is it rubber?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
case crack, cracks, xperia crack

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)