[GB][2.11.605.5][Sense3.5]BAMF SoaB v1.04

Search This thread

unctucker

Oct 7, 2011
Raleigh
I ran soab for about 6 months. Loved it. Running santod ics now. I just wanted something different for a while. I have seen you here and other places just never chatted to you. What rom are you running ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
I'm currently running unsense with my kernel. It's probably the fastest and easily the most stable ROM we have.

FirePsych

Apr 28, 2012
Roswell, GA
Disconnecktie,
What governor / scheduler and min/max are you using?
Are you setting voltages with set cpu or no frills or going with your stock settings?

You're using RC24 not RC26 correct? What impact does that have?

How's the battery life and on what battery?

I keep switching between yours and Santod's kernel. Just looking for a panacea just like everyone else.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta

disconnecktie

Oct 23, 2011
With my kernel I run smartassv2 most of the time at 1.2ghz with row scheduler. I find those settings to be a good balance of speed and battery. Interactivex is my second choice. Tbh I have found no performance difference between my kernel and santods. Its really your personal preference.

FirePsych

Apr 28, 2012
Roswell, GA
With my kernel I run smartassv2 most of the time at 1.2ghz with row scheduler. I find those settings to be a good balance of speed and battery. Interactivex is my second choice. Tbh I have found no performance difference between my kernel and santods. Its really your personal preference.

Honesty goes a long way. Thanks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta

guinzo

Oct 5, 2011
Yeah... The code base for this is nearly 3 years old now. I'm sure much has changed in the radios since then. :D

Sent from my SCH-I605

hiyaa, im use SoaB again lately, swap with SantoD Nusense Reborn ROM.
1 cool feature is can swap using bliss rosie(smooth quick launch) and sense 3.5 rosie.
so far all game ran fast n stable.
i wonder how can everyone stuck in radio? im use Santod ICS radio on this gingerbread based ROM, and signal, wifi, bluetooth runing very good, never been so good before.

hi eris, do you have flashable zip to make transparent status bar?
with bliss rosie it was rock if we can use transparent status bar:victory:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Presenting...

BAMF Son of a Bliss v1.04

20111008202852.png
    20111008203822.png
    20111008203132.png

20111008203148.png
    20111008203900.png
    20111008203921.png

Credits: The RCMix Team and Samuel especially for a great base and all the input! Adrynalyne for providing moral support and figuring out that apparently HTC uses a "calibration" file for Wifi now. He saved my phone from certain death. The boys from IRC and gTalk who tried it out for me and kindly alerted me to my inability to actually fix things. :)

This ROM is based off of:
    • 2.11.605.5 - Barely...
    • 1.26.605.6 HTC Rhyme Shipping RUU
    • RCMix 3D Runnymede (Bluetooth Drivers.)

What you will find in features:
    • Sense 3.5
    • Custom Notification Bar (Thanks Ihtfp for the extra toggles and guidance!)
    • All new BAMF Settings!
    • Reboot Options
    • HTC Hub
    • HTC Notes
    • HTC Watch
    • Lots of Pink

Changelogs:

v1.04
    • Adrynalyne's 3++ Kernel (as compiled by...hell I don't know, whoever compiled it last :) )
    • Completely redone BAMF Settings
    • Launcher Hotswap (Thanks to JonMS for the orginal mod)
    • Quick Settings Defaults and Rosie Remap (courtesy of Ihtfp)
    • Disable Rosie Unlock Animation (using the Romanbb method from the MyTouch 4G)
    • Added CM File Manager
    • Added ROM Stats. Please opt-in, it's to satisfy my own curiosity.
    • Too much more to list

v1.03
    • Fixed inverted FFC in Video Chat apps
    • Revamped Camera app
    • Removed boot lock for SD mount - It will now boot faster, but I highly recommend you let it settle before you unlock it or you're going to have problems.
    • Discovered some serious problems with Mail accounts. See Below for more information.
    • Market Version of VVM included for now.

v1.02
    • 4G Fixed Correctly
    • End Call Bug should be gone again
    • SRS working
    • VM Number retained after reboot
    • Google Voice Set-up works (Still have to forward your number)
    • Framework Tweaks
    • SMS Tweaks

v1.01 (Patch)
    • Fixed slow data speeds
    • My Verizon/Verizon apps back
    • Task widget back
    • BT Audio working - all credit on this to Cmo220! Thanks man!
    v1.0
    • Everything. Literally. 100% new base.
    • BAMF Settings
    • Custom Notification pulldown
    • Picasa still requires the workaround in the notes.
    v0.713
    • Charm nonsense removed. Should help with battery.
    • No more FC on Settings Shortcuts
    • Removed all the non-functional Pen settings/apps.
    • Weather now defaults to Fahrenheit.
    • Baked in Screenshots - Thanks Ihtfp69!
    • FM Radio working
    • Added Accurate battery - Framework Courtesy of Adrynalyne, images courtesy of Ihtf69
    • Workaround for Picasa - see notes.
    • VVM should now install from market.
    • Couple of other minor annoyances fixed
    v0.5
    • Initial Release

Changelog for Themes/Mods:

I recommend you make changes ONLY to a base ROM, and that you encourage users to return all settings to stock before flashing mods. ie. Don't make a mod for the Rezound launcher, then flash it while running the Rezound launcher. Settings will get all messed up and features will probably not work.

• There is now a fusionrun.apk (handles fusion tasks for the Rezound/Runnymede Launcher)
    • There is now a Rosierun.bak (The actual Launcher for Rezound/Runnymede)
    • Idlescreen_Base.apk has Smali changes.
    • Rosie.apk has Smali changes.
    • SystemUI.apk has Smali changes.
    • android.policy.jar
    • com.htc.fusion.fx.jar
    • services.jar

Instructions to install:

• Download ROM
    • Copy to SD Card
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Wipe Data/Factory Reset
    • Did you Wipe Data?
    • Install ROM
    • Enjoy!

Some Important Notes and Tips:
    • If you use Picasa, make sure you upload a photo from the phone BEFORE you sign into your google account. This will prompt you to sign in and save the credentials for the future. If you don't follow these steps, it won't work!
    • If you feel the need to "borrow" my work, please don't without my consent. I literally have 3 weeks straight in getting data, BT and WiFi working. I will be more than happy to point anyone in the right direction though.
    • To change the quick launch widgets on the home screen, press anywhere on the home screen and drag it to the bottom left "edit" icon. From there you will be able to pick and choose which apps you want for your quick launch widgets.

Known Issues - if its listed here DO NOT ask about it in the thread:
      The following issues are known about and they are being worked on. Before you post an issue with this rom, you must be on a clean install. If you have not performed a clean install, then your issue cannot be considered valid.

Some things that are just the nature of the beast:
      • SD Card Mounting
        - This comes with the advent of the 3LM device encryption that was introduced (it was here before, but not implemented) in Sense 3.5. This is similar encryption as to what is used in Blackberries that has made them so popular among corporate clients. With Blackberry on the downturn, Android, and more specifically HTC, is trying to get up to the standards set by RIM in an apparent attempt to pick up their business. Unfortunately, it is tied into nearly every aspect of the framework and apps and nearly impossible to disable without causing major issues down the line. I have done everything reasonable (and one not so reasonable thing) to make it work for as many folks as possible. If you are having problems with it, I would recommend you try a different SD card. My 32GB Sandisk Class 4 has no problems. I've also had good luck with an 8GB Samsung class 2.
        - If you experience the problem, unmounting and remounting the SD card will fix the issue.
      • Exchange policies
        - This also goes along with the increased security measures HTC is trying to implement. The EAS policies on Sense 3.5 are about 100 times stricter than they ever were before. Can I bypass them? Probably. I'm not going to do that though. They are there for a reason. Your company feels that they are needed for their safety, and I'm not in any position to tell them otherwise. You always have trade-offs when you run a rooted device, and in this case, your ability to have fancy battery icons, may prevent you from getting HTML emails from work. In my opinion, if your phone is that mission critical to your life, you should have either left it alone, or get a second.
      • Superuser errors
        - Ah the cost of progress. The SuperUser team is working hard to get an updated, more intuitive product to you. Unfortunately, it's making it a major pain in the arse to keep it up to date from version to version. If you get force closes, go into the app, and update the binaries. After a reboot, everything should be good.
      • NEW - Mail Accounts
        - While trying to figure out some of the syncing problems with Mail and settings not being retained, I found another major oopsy. I don't know if it's the mail app, or the accounts themselves, but if you use the "Gmail", "Yahoo", "Hotmail", etc... Accounts, you will have a number of problems.
        • None of them will sync properly
        • If you set options for one, they will be transferred to all of them and vice versa
        • Gmail will always BCC you when you reply
        • Hotmail will never delete on the server
        • Basically, it's a huge cluster f.
        I recommend you use the regular "Mail" account type and set your accounts up that way. Everything is smooth sailing that way. Unfortunately, to do this, you have to wipe data because in addition to the other issues, the accounts also won't delete. Yay HTC!
      • Burst Mode Force Closes Camera.
      • WiFi drops out
      • Mobile Hotspot won't connect - I'm still working on this.
      • Included VVM may or may not function
      • Using the alternate Lockscreen causes the notification bubbles on HTC shortcuts to look funny.
      • Using the alternate Launcher causes the notification bubbles on HTC shortcuts to look funny.
      • Switching Launchers will cause any non-HTC widgets to disappear from the home screen and be replaced with "Problem loading Gadget"
      • Switching Launchers *may* cause Sense Widgets to disappear from the personalize menu. You can either Clear data on HTC Sense (loses home screen settings) or access them from the "Browse All HTC Widgets".
      • Some hub skins cause weird graphical errors.
      • HTC mail app - email portrait body preview reverts back to 2 lines after changing it

Downloads​

Are we all finished acting like children now? Good. Allow me to say a few things.

First of all, BAMF is a team. No single person is responsible for any single ROM. We all support all of them to the best of our abilities and the OP rarely has anything at all to do with who worked on it. It's just a copy/paste we use on all the sites we frequent.

Secondly, this ROM is no better or no worse than Eternity. They are just different. I have no beef with Virus, and used to talk to him frequently. There are some rather, shall we say, vocal users in that thread that we've had squabbles with, but hey, it's whatever. SoaB was designed to be a very stock Sense 3.5 experience with only a handful of tweaks and modifications. In it's prime, there were a lot of user created mods for it that have gone by the wayside. Eternity just has more tweaks built right in. I left SoaB alone once it was stable and let the user decide where they wanted to go from there.

Finally, in regards to updates, I'll say what I've said many times before. If you give me a reason to update it, I will. There isn't enough Thunderbolt left in this ROM to necessitate 'updating' it to the current OTA. It would amount to me replacing about 3 binaries and 4 libs. Everything else is straight out of the HTC Rhyme. I could probably put a little work into fixing the SD Card mounting, but I honestly never had the issue, so it's tough to troubleshoot and fix. I've also had people ask if this will be updated to ICS, and the answer is simply no. I have to assume, judging from other devices, that most likely the Tbolt and Rhyme will get the same Sense 3.6 treatment, so I doubt there will be enough differentiation to make it worth it.

Anyways, bottom line, if you like the ROM, run it, if you don't, then don't. Just don't come in my threads and act like a jackass. That's my job.
    Reserved! Since the source of the drama here is gone. We are back. Good to see you all!
    Eternity is by far a more stable rom and is still supported.

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

Are you high?

This ROM is still supported where support is needed. I think you'll find it isn't though.

PS, eternity only exists because of this ROM, so yes, they are similar.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I've been having google framework services fC on me alot lately. And random reloading from the htc screen. I don't have internet at home just data on verizon. Can anyone point me to a link if the issue has been addressed?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The reloading is called a redraw. There is a help topic for this on the team bamf forums.

su (enter)
    echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1>>/data/local.prop (enter)
    Reboot (enter)
    His does your HTC message app show your contacts picture? On mines it doesn't which it really sucks

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

This is caused by running fix permissions. Run this in terminal emulator:

su
    chmod 666 /data/data/com.android.providers.contacts/files/*

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App