Question about root

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    go to this http://www.pocketpc.ch/htc-one-mini...g-htc-dev-unlock-root-recovery-customrom.html (its in german so translate in chrome)

and follow guide step by step. it shows you how to unlock bootloader,flash recovery,root and install custom rom.

( this guide is not created by me, just a link to a guide that i have used )
    What rom would people recommend for the htc one mini? I have also rooted my mini but have left it stock. Thinking of the magio rom but might wait for the 4.3 update to be incorporated into it first.

I personally haven't tried out 4.3 yet, but I'm not impressed by reports so far, that and it seems to be in it's early stages, like when 4.2 first came out it was full of bugs for a lot of phones.

Personally Magio R3 JB 4.22 and JMZ kernel have worked pretty much flawlessly for me. With a few extra tweaks and mods it does everything i could want it to and I do a lot with my phone. 4.3 is still buggy with a lot of apps, although app devs are updating quickly. And with all that said 4.4 may be around the corner.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2
    Thanks for that. I will download and try. I was going to use Titanium Backup to backup apps and app data and then restore when the new rom is flashed.(will do a nandroid backup of stock first)
    Is that the best way to restore apps+data and contacts/messages etc... or is there something better out there. Thanks for help. Much appreciated. Relatively new to all this!!

Titanium Backup is your best bet for backup and restore of USER apps, restoring a "missing" system app to a new ROM is NOT a good idea, especially if the backup is from an odexed stock rom.
    Your contacts are synced to your GMAIL account, so no need to backup, but if you want to have a copy, export to vcf format from contacts settings, manage contacts menu.
    For SMS, i'd recommend either Super Backup : SMS & Contacts, or SMS Backup & Restore - both are available free from Play Store....

4.3 isn't that bad, better than 4.2.2, but poor in comparrison to kitkat 4.4.2 - sooo sweet!

Oh, I'd advise downloading deodexed ROMs