Good bye and thanks.

Search This thread

Ultimategeppie

Jan 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
I don't like long goodbyes, so I'll be brief. I got myself a Google nexus 5, and so i'm stopping with testing and flashing x10. A lot of thanks to this community which have helped me since 2009. It was fun and great with you all. Of course I'll be checking in every now and then to see the progress on the developments.

Since 2009, my x10 has gotten three lives thanks to some great developers, and it still is running great.

bye bye
UltimateGeppie

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
I don't like long goodbyes, so I'll be brief. I got myself a Google nexus 5, and so i'm stopping with testing and flashing x10. A lot of thanks to this community which have helped me since 2009. It was fun and great with you all. Of course I'll be checking in every now and then to see the progress on the developments.

Since 2009, my x10 has gotten three lives thanks to some great developers, and it still is running great.

bye bye
UltimateGeppie

Keep us/me updated about how good/bad nexus 5 feels than a sony flagship. I'm thinking to change device as well
And also good luck mate. Was pleasure reading your results...

Reactions: Ultimategeppie

Ultimategeppie

Jan 7, 2011
Apeldoorn
Hi all,

You really can't compare a 2009 Somy flasgship with a 2013 Nexus.
If I'd compare the Nexus 5 with the current Sony flagships (Z1, Z2, etc.) than i would definitley choose the Nexus 5.

Reason for that is that i like the pure Android experience. This is what Google has meant. LG has made the hardware and they've used the exact samen hardware for their own LG G2. So, no difference there.

But in the software they have added their one stuff. And all the others (Sony, HTC, OPPO, etc.) are doing the same.
But Android is complete already. Google itself has all the stuff i need.
Sure, other brands have somy nifty stuff build in. But all the populair stuff they create will be ported or recreated very fast. So other devices/users can use it also.
But (IMHO) most of the stuff they build is marketing. The intended and needed functionality is already on Android.

As for performance. You can't beat this device. But should you?
The HTC One, or the LG G2 are also really fast! I sure cannot notice the difference in their performances.

And if i add up the price you pay for a Nexus..... Choice wasn't that hard for me.

Best regards,
UltimateGeppie

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
By flagship, i meant the Z1, Z ultra etc. I heard from a lot of people that sony devices are underpowered. Read on reviews also that the 20.3 mp of Z1 could not win over wide functionality of nxs 5 and note 3 camera. Sony has good hardware but they lag on software side. Like you see, S4 is packed with sensors. Even though they're gonna copy the idea of water resistance and finger detector in S5 but people are still gonna prefer it over Z2.
Nxs 5 outnumbers all the flagships out there and that too in a reasonable price.
Iphone is expensive sh*t. The best, but useless....

R

Ronald G V A

Good Bye my dear friend :D Even some people may leave from this "X10's base" We are family in every place :D FeraLab Corporation never forget their soldiers :D !!!

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
By flagship, i meant the Z1, Z ultra etc. I heard from a lot of people that sony devices are underpowered. Read on reviews also that the 20.3 mp of Z1 could not win over wide functionality of nxs 5 and note 3 camera. Sony has good hardware but they lag on software side. Like you see, S4 is packed with sensors. Even though they're gonna copy the idea of water resistance and finger detector in S5 but people are still gonna prefer it over Z2.
Nxs 5 outnumbers all the flagships out there and that too in a reasonable price.
Iphone is expensive sh*t. The best, but useless....

Yeah I've got a Z1 and a note 3. I've found myself using my note 3 on a daily basis. Everything seems better with it.
But the Z1 has a better feel to it. Although I'm starting the like the leather feel on the note 3 more each day.
It's a shame. Sony have a good ui and build, they just can't seem to get it right. Even with the camera. my note 3 takes faster/better pics.

BTW selling my Z1 if anyone's up for an upgrade to their X 10
20140413_172416_zpsarpaqtz5.jpg

20140413_172637_zpshyqrif3i.jpg

20140413_172811_zpsy2edcvkw.jpg

20140413_172819_zpspl55ilno.jpg

20140413_172947_zpslbmwf3iu.jpg

20140413_173403_zpskcooh9qu.jpg

20140413_173919_zpsif4dyct2.jpg

20140413_174054_zpslajrihpm.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
Yeah I've got a Z1 and a note 3. I've found myself using my note 3 on a daily basis. Everything seems better with it.
But the Z1 has a better feel to it. Although I'm starting the like the leather feel on the note 3 more each day.
It's a shame. Sony have a good ui and build, they just can't seem to get it right. Even with the camera. my note 3 takes faster/better pics.

BTW selling my Z1 if anyone's up for an upgrade to their X 10
20140413_172416_zpsarpaqtz5.jpg

20140413_172637_zpshyqrif3i.jpg

20140413_172811_zpsy2edcvkw.jpg

20140413_172819_zpspl55ilno.jpg

20140413_172947_zpslbmwf3iu.jpg

20140413_173403_zpskcooh9qu.jpg

20140413_173919_zpsif4dyct2.jpg

20140413_174054_zpslajrihpm.jpg

LOL :D This post pretty much explains which device you prefer.
Galaxy s5 looks more promising than Z2. Sony have got the potential but their ethics to keep everything ORIGNAL are letting them down. Samsung, cheating and stealing other brands' main things are growing so high. Nexus 5, being simple and cheaper yet more powerful is gonna ve my next choice.
Sony devices have low resale value. Samsung, iPhone can be sold in price comparable to brand new

LJE

Jan 21, 2011
Gold Coast
LOL :D This post pretty much explains which device you prefer.
Galaxy s5 looks more promising than Z2. Sony have got the potential but their ethics to keep everything ORIGNAL are letting them down. Samsung, cheating and stealing other brands' main things are growing so high. Nexus 5, being simple and cheaper yet more powerful is gonna ve my next choice.
Sony devices have low resale value. Samsung, iPhone can be sold in price comparable to brand new

Yeah I think it's the display. So much nicer on the note 3.
Although sony look like they got it right with the Z2. It'll be good to see it in person instead of reviews on YouTube. I was holding out for the Z2, but sony took too long in announcing a release date.

Bigkiler5

Oct 11, 2012
jalandhar
Yeah I think it's the display. So much nicer on the note 3.
Although sony look like they got it right with the Z2. It'll be good to see it in person instead of reviews on YouTube. I was holding out for the Z2, but sony took too long in announcing a release date.

Yeah the Z2 is gonna be a badass walkman-cum-cybershot like the old sony quality. But s5 is still gonna outrun z2 with it's feature
P.S- i myself don't like Samsung but they have done really good job this time

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

bye bye
    UltimateGeppie
    Hi all,

You really can't compare a 2009 Somy flasgship with a 2013 Nexus.
    If I'd compare the Nexus 5 with the current Sony flagships (Z1, Z2, etc.) than i would definitley choose the Nexus 5.

Reason for that is that i like the pure Android experience. This is what Google has meant. LG has made the hardware and they've used the exact samen hardware for their own LG G2. So, no difference there.

But in the software they have added their one stuff. And all the others (Sony, HTC, OPPO, etc.) are doing the same.
    But Android is complete already. Google itself has all the stuff i need.
    Sure, other brands have somy nifty stuff build in. But all the populair stuff they create will be ported or recreated very fast. So other devices/users can use it also.
    But (IMHO) most of the stuff they build is marketing. The intended and needed functionality is already on Android.

As for performance. You can't beat this device. But should you?
    The HTC One, or the LG G2 are also really fast! I sure cannot notice the difference in their performances.

And if i add up the price you pay for a Nexus..... Choice wasn't that hard for me.

Best regards,
    UltimateGeppie

bye bye
    UltimateGeppie

Keep us/me updated about how good/bad nexus 5 feels than a sony flagship. I'm thinking to change device as well
    And also good luck mate. Was pleasure reading your results...
    Thank you for your many years of work.
    I wish to remain professional and in a new body)))