FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[APP][2.0+] MiXplorer v6.x Released (fully-featured file manager)

5,646 posts
Thanks Meter: 29,924

By HootanParsa, Recognized Developer on 17th May 2011, 04:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th July 2019, 12:55 AM |#30511  
Flag Indianapolis, IN
Thanks Meter: 1,587

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinisok

Hi hootan I have an issue which probably won't affect other users. I use an app called web video caster to cast movies from mix to the app. It no longer shows available when I click on video. Version 6.30.20 still shows on there but not since then. I want to update mix but due to this I can't thus having other issues. Please can you help get that working back again in new versions. Thx.

I would suggest turning on logging in Mix, more settings, close the app, relaunch and do the actions trying to access the movies again. You can send the log as an attachment to your post and not in the body of your post here. logs are saved in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer/cache/log for the stable version and
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.mixplorer.beta/cache/log for the beta builds.
8th July 2019, 08:43 AM |#30512  
Thanks Meter: 897

More
I was asking to me if a separate log for "autotask operations only" could be a good thing or not. Taking trace of all autotasks operations pheraphs can helps if you have some daily autotask setted and want to take control over all copy/move/archive operations...
8th July 2019, 11:25 AM |#30513  
Thanks Meter: 88

More
Good morning,

I have just tested the latest beta, and really appreciated the improvements brought to the interface, and above all, the fact that the shape of files icons and of thumbnails is now homogeneous (no more sometimes round and sometimes square shapes). I just noticed that the font has changed, or maybe it is because the list of folders and files is no longer displayed in bold. I cannot say if it makes the text more readeable or not, I think it is just a matter of time to get used with this new style. The added settings have not yet been translated (I can help for French language) but it is of no importance.

The bugs I reported previously with the detailed display mode (recursive option ignored and folder with only one file wrongly processed) have been fixed, so thanks a lot to @HootanParsa. Moving the possibility to display more details from the settings menu to the diplay mode menu is far more convenient. I just wonder if displaying "1" as "one" really helps, let us hear other advices.
I also noticed something strange: the app calculates the total number of files/folders and their cumulative size very quickly when using the "more data" option even on a SD card, whereas the operation takes more time when using the "recursive" option (blatant if one presses the refresh button), as if the method used was not the same, or a cache was used in the first case and not the second one.

Regarding the text editor, I also wish to thank the dev for having added the western DOS pagecode, but a regression seems to have occurred with the automatic detection, as text files are always open in UTF-8 mode. I tried with several CP1252 text files created with Windows notepad, which are rightly displayed with Mixplorer Silver, and they all are detected as UTF-8 encoded files with the latest beta Mixplorer, so it is necessary to select CP1252 manually. I checked in the log file, and did not find any relevant infos that could help to understand the issue.
If I could make a suggestion, I think it could be useful to allow the user to overwrite the current file when using the "save as" option, just asking him for a confirmation. The reason is that if you want to create a new text file in CP1252 codepage and Windows line break system in a given folder for example, you now have to create a new text file with a dummy name, then open it in text editor, type the content, select "save as", change the codepage and line break option, enter the right name of the file, save it, and then erase the dummy file. I know that you can also start the text editor from the Android launcher by long pressing the Mixplorer icon, but then you will have to select the right folder when saving, so it is less convenient if you are already in this folder in Mixplorer.

So except for these little things, a great job has been made to make Mixplorer even more pleasant to use.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PastagaCigales For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PastagaCigales Ad-Free
8th July 2019, 11:29 AM |#30514  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 289

More
@HootanParsa Beta_B19070810.apk has trouble copying/cutting and pasting files from root directories to internal storage. Log is attached and it is full of
Code:
E/Root>  EXEC Failed >> String index out of range: -1
I reverted to Beta_B19070720.apk and it copies/cuts and pastes fine.

Edit: Fixed in Beta_B19070820
The Following User Says Thank You to neekless For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neekless Ad-Free
8th July 2019, 02:42 PM |#30515  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This is the best file explorer ever.
Will definitely buy the silver version.
Apps like this needs to support to continue the development.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to apocalyptist For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift apocalyptist Ad-Free
8th July 2019, 08:38 PM |#30516  
Flag Kolkata
Thanks Meter: 33

Donate to Me
More
Uploading to mega causes issues. The uploaded files always show up as "unencrypted files" when opened from browser or app and they are inaccessible. @HootanParsa

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

It'll be great if you enabled beta testing for MiXplorer Silver in the Play Store.
8th July 2019, 09:20 PM |#30517  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,223

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinTan1729

Uploading to mega causes issues. The uploaded files always show up as "unencrypted files" when opened from browser or app and they are inaccessible. @HootanParsa

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

It'll be great if you enabled beta testing for MiXplorer Silver in the Play Store.

Just tried: Uploading txt/zip/apk files via Mixplorer 39.1 and downloading with Firefox Nightly and Mixplorer without any problems. Haven't Mega app installed (that's the great thing with Mix, no need for Dropbox, Mega etc apps anymore).
Maybe a log could help.

Sent from my Moto G5 Plus using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to Wolfcity For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Wolfcity Ad-Free
8th July 2019, 09:27 PM |#30518  
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Thumbnail loading crash/anr is still unsolved...
Reference 0
Reference 1

Try scrolling in a folder with many photos (regardless of the view mode) while thumb loading... crash/anr expected.
The Following User Says Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
8th July 2019, 09:52 PM |#30519  
Thanks Meter: 83

More
when mounting a OTG usb in MiXplorer it shows 2 options in bookmarks with different mounting points? or are they exactly the same?
one is called /mnt/media_rw/
and the other is /storage/

will it matter which on of them i choose ? and why are both options listed for one usb stick?
8th July 2019, 09:54 PM |#30520  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
can please someone help me i ve got a problem with my custom theme and latest version of mixplorer :
in latest 6.39.1 version in if set rounded corner to zero for thumbnail (new feature) with my theme the folder become just a colored (pink) square any idea what would cause this?
see screenshot of the issue :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J0o...fSVQhcwWk/view
8th July 2019, 10:28 PM |#30521  
Thanks Meter: 390

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewinhw

when mounting a OTG usb in MiXplorer it shows 2 options in bookmarks with different mounting points? or are they exactly the same?
one is called /mnt/media_rw/
and the other is /storage/

will it matter which on of them i choose ? and why are both options listed for one usb stick?

It's relevant to the schema of Android's storage management.

Virtualized fuse/sdcardfs vs. the real file system.
The Following User Says Thank You to gdgsdg123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gdgsdg123 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chm, cloud, encfs, epub, mix

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)