[ruu + update.zip][MR1 aka First OTA] May 12th OTA - 1.13.605.7

Search This thread

AlpineM3

Sep 22, 2010
My DInc was flashed more than a girls gone wild camera man and I never heard of a radio wiping my data....why is it that this is?

Not rooted at the moment, but also don't have a problem with wiped data, but very curious about this

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

sonofskywalker3

Jan 22, 2009
My DInc was flashed more than a girls gone wild camera man and I never heard of a radio wiping my data....why is it that this is?

Not rooted at the moment, but also don't have a problem with wiped data, but very curious about this

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA Premium App

The radio doesn't wipe data, only flashing the full Rom RUU will. Radio only is posted in the Das BAMF 1.5 topic.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010
I flashed just the radio. Data wasnt wiped, but all my txt messages were gone. No biggie, just sayin.

TheZuneLune

Dec 12, 2010
Pittsburgh
Any idea how long before we might see said OTA update? I have not yet rooted and if it's just going to be a matter of a couple of days, I can wait. Even if I back up apps, it's a lot of work to get everything set up again.

I have been waiting to root because after rooting, it's like getting a new phone and I want to wait until either I am bored with this one or some great feature comes out for root that I can't get otherwise. :)

Oh, and it's a real pain to reactivate my corporate email and calendar, so I'd rather not root.

Last edited:

jcortes187

Mar 17, 2009
Dumb question I'm sure but i have s-off and it states that I need to check the MD5 Checksum how do I go about doing this?

A

ad0131065

Dumb question I'm sure but i have s-off and it states that I need to check the MD5 Checksum how do I go about doing this?

You can do it on your phone. Download terminal emulator from the market open and type

Su
Data/local/busybox md5sum mnt/sdcard/nameoffile.zip

I think that's right pretty sure

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA App

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
This is suppose to be the radio update only
http://www.multiupload.com/2VDSQ6SBAZ I did not upload this file I just found it here can anyone tell me if I can safely update with this without losing root or having to wipe my data and if I can how do i do it?

EDIT: Well I did the update and have a new baseband 1.16.00.0402w_1 and it seems to all be working so awesome! My root isn't lost and no data wipe!

"put it on the sd and turn the phone off, hold volume down and press power, it will then read the card and ask if you want to update, press volume up for yes and wait till it does it's thing..."

EDIT 2:
Apparently they other one didn't have the LTE firmware but it is now updated http://www.multiupload.com/2VDSQ6SBAZ

Last edited:

AlpineM3

Sep 22, 2010
So what's the verdict......worth updating the radio to the latest version for non-rooted users? Pros and cons? Still too early to tell?

Link_of_Hyrule

Oct 12, 2010
Ogden, Utah
www.ubermicrostudios.com
Well I've been on it for a whole 5 min and so far nothing bad has happened I do think that it did fix the gps and 3g drops but my question is did it fix the Draft bug that's been driving me insane does anyone know if it fixed the draft bug in the texting app?

edit: oh your not rooted idk I'm rooted but I wouldn't imagine it would do anything bad you'll have to ask others. The version I used just updated the radio didn't make me wipe or deroot. I think someone needs to put the other file in the first post of this thread else maybe I'll have to make another topic.

Top Liked Posts