[APP][2.2+] GTA3 Graphical Settings + Launcher [v1.4]

Search This thread

lazepr

Jan 31, 2012
it looks like the developers added this in for us in version 1.3 under settings I have options for draw distance graphic quality screen resolution framerate limit and shadows

VincentDCI

Feb 28, 2012
Hello

I have a one problem i did all what is in tutorial and at my Motorola Defy 2.2.2 instaled CM7 FruZZ. Thanks for Setvsel take 100% First 500 MHz Secound 700 MH and last 900 MH. If i touch "Save and Start" i have a black screen agarin.

I instaled GTA 3 1.3 .apk and sd card element's download for help Wi Fi.

It's not work:
Q: When I start GTA III i get a black screen.
A1: Minimize GTA III and then return into the game.
A2: Kill GTA III process with Task-Manager and restart GTA III.

Last edited:

dipish

Apr 19, 2012
Hi all!

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right thread, but does anybody know if there's a way to make the on-screen buttons bigger? They're too small on my Xperia S. The maximum size that I can set from in-game control settings is still too small.

Thank you.

parasharenator

May 9, 2011
I have a Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant running on 2.2Froyo(Toxic Rom & DMZ Kernel)
Even games like 9mm & Asphalt 6 run fine on my device, with overclock(in rare cases)
But I have installed GTA III v1.3(also tried all the steps below with 1.0, both inclusive countless times) and took Titanium Backup.
Then I downloaded SD data from some site. I have two versions of the same(So basically my first question is that is SDcard data size specific to a version,and as long as it is higher it shouldn't be a problem rite?)
Now, I have tried with different launchers - GO, Zeam and killing tasks or boosting memory ,etc.
But when I click on GTA III, after I accept EULA and it asks me to download data(I press back button)
and then press home key.
then when I click GTA III from notifications, it opens up and then after two vibrations or so, it closes itself, without any error message(like this process stopped responding).

I have tried numerous times, yet i can't get this game working on my device.Please help !!

gandalf_grey91

Dec 16, 2011
Using v1.4. Enabling Shadows on Atrix turns language to German. Changing language to English in-game disables shadows.

danb79

Jul 1, 2009
devizes
The app runs for me but does not apply settings properly on my advent vega tegra2 tab running jellybean. The resolution always gets set to low and blur is always on and shadows only resets game to german ??

on a side note does can anyone tell me how to change the settings file manually? what do i need to open the file? notepd++ only gives code

firstroad

Jun 29, 2013
Athens
thanks

the distance helped me a lot
however there are still shadows even with the setting turned off
anyway thanks for this

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just a small quick and dirty app that let you change some of the GTA3 default settings.

Original settings are backed up to (GTA3 Folder)/files/GTA3/gta3.gtsettingslauncher.set. If the app completely fails or you want to use the original settings after uninstalling the app, just copy this file back to (...)/gta3.set.

When your gta3.set is missing, please start the game and go to the display options. Change some settings and then hit "restore defaults". Then try again and start the settings app.
    If there is still no settings file, get one from this forum (e.g. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20950484&postcount=29) or google. After launching the game with the downloaded settings file go to the in-game display settings an click "restore defaults". That should fix some problems with screen width and height.

Available Settings:

• Shadows: On/Off
    • Lighting: On/Off
    • Resolution: High/Low
    • Rendering Distance: 18 Steps
    • Blur: On/Off *

* Blur is not working for me. The setting is always disabled when starting the game. Maybe it is working on other devices (Tegra?).

Currently only tested on I9100 with GTA3 German. Please let me know if it is working or not.

Changes:

2012/01/03 - v1.4:
    • catch more exceptions
    • changed launcher, it now hopefully will find the target more often

2012/01/02 - v1.3:
    • added another external_sd path (now searching in "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/Android/data/", "/mnt/sdcard/Android/data/", "/mnt/sdcard/external_sd/data/" for package)

2011/12/31 - v1.2:
    • added launcher icon
    • added blur setting (which might have no effect)
    • changed namespace - please uninstall the old version manually. I used an example package found on the internet as skeleton and forgot to change it, sry :)

2011/12/29 - v1.1:
    • added external_sd to search path

Make sure to download the LATEST version.
    Force closing on app start, can't see anything. :confused:

Looking forward to using it!

Hi. Get this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?myzzo2n4yzd

Extract the gta3.set file from inside and copy it to your com.rockstar.gta3/files/gta3 folder. This will make the app start up :)
    I just get instant force close when trying to run this. I was looking to try the lower resolution for performance increase.

I'm using a rooted vibrant (t959), with a custom 2.2 rom

Can you please post the full path to the original gta3.set? I think the path can't be found.
    Added "external_sd" to search path. Please try again with the new version.
    @Sarkie: Thanks for the link. I tried the settings, but I see no changes in-game.

@kenkiller: thx, I added path, please use version 1.3

@addicted2088: Do you have any logcat output or something like that? Which version are you using (gta3, gta3ger, gta3aut... )?