saf39

May 10, 2012
How to flash ICS

please test my alpha build
sorry it's not perfect yet

CM9
AOKP
please report bugs there.

for codename android, I can't started building now, still manage my disk space, sorry

Hi frnz, i have Spice mi 410 with stock rom 2.2 froyo
can anyone pls help me to install fully working ICS in detail and
what all tools is required to flash the ROM....

Thanks in advance.

saf39

May 10, 2012
Did you bother reading previous posts?

i did but this thread seems scattered everywhere and also there is no particular thread for specific ROM for this device.....
some ROMS mentioned here seems to have some problem with wifi or camera; that's why i was expecting to get clear abt this thread....

I hope u would have seen other threads which are well maintained and organised. :)

vivekb

Jul 27, 2011
Mumbai
i did but this thread seems scattered everywhere and also there is no particular thread for specific ROM for this device.....
some ROMS mentioned here seems to have some problem with wifi or camera; that's why i was expecting to get clear abt this thread....

I hope u would have seen other threads which are well maintained and organised. :)

go through the roll up thread by whyzee ... it will help you to understand initial processes of rooting process, required tools and after that you will only able to understand what is going on this forum....

saf39

May 10, 2012
go through the roll up thread by whyzee ... it will help you to understand initial processes of rooting process, required tools and after that you will only able to understand what is going on this forum....

Sorry again for disturbing u...but can i have a detailed steps to flash complete ICS without anymore bugs fix patches....right now i have flashed 2.3.4 Cherry Magnum but im really in need of ICS for this device....pls Help!!!!

vivekb

Jul 27, 2011
Mumbai
Sorry again for disturbing u...but can i have a detailed steps to flash complete ICS without anymore bugs fix patches....right now i have flashed 2.3.4 Cherry Magnum but im really in need of ICS for this device....pls Help!!!!

if you able to find out RC3 then download it and flash it, for that you can use SUT LR or stock recovery as you are on stock ROM.

Then you will find your mobile is rooted with custom recovery.

then download whichever ROM you want and flash it (please make sure it is based on .35 kernel).

OUR mobile has Jelly Bean.... why you want ICS, enjoy JB:angel:

Reactions: saf39

saf39

May 10, 2012
if you able to find out RC3 then download it and flash it, for that you can use SUT LR or stock recovery as you are on stock ROM.

Then you will find your mobile is rooted with custom recovery.

then download whichever ROM you want and flash it (please make sure it is based on .35 kernel).

OUR mobile has Jelly Bean.... why you want ICS, enjoy JB:angel:

Thanks for ur response!
I have downloaded RC3 and SUTLR but im unable to install driver for "Qualcomm cdma technologies msm" also updated drivers manually but failed!!
So i decided to roll back to stock recovery as i had cwm5 installed, now while updating RC3 via recovery it shows some error- file may be corrupted!
Please provide me link for jelly bean ROM and how to upgrade kernel to .35???

vivekb

Jul 27, 2011
Mumbai
Thanks guys for ur help.....finally flashed RC3! @vivekb Now how should i flash jelly bean ROM? can u pls provide me link??

Bro... just have a look in development thread, there are two - 3 thread, for CM10 by keeper and for MIUI V5 by RCSET and Revergear all those are JB ROM. I advice to go for CM 10 with CK Kernel also. and flashing process is easy, enter in recovery mode, choose option install zip, choose location and then install it, before that you need to wipe data and catche, also please wipe delvic catche (option available in advance)

let me know if you face any problem

Reactions: saf39

saf39

May 10, 2012
Bro... just have a look in development thread, there are two - 3 thread, for CM10 by keeper and for MIUI V5 by RCSET and Revergear all those are JB ROM. I advice to go for CM 10 with CK Kernel also. and flashing process is easy, enter in recovery mode, choose option install zip, choose location and then install it, before that you need to wipe data and catche, also please wipe delvic catche (option available in advance)

Thanks bro for sharing this info...since yesterday i've been trying out MagnumHD,RC3,Sharp,CM9 ICS and atlast happy with CM10 JB (v0.2) though few tweaks are missing but almost stable ROM till now :)
I have flashed Android 4.1.2 do we have 4.2? i guess it would not make that difference :cowboy:
why don't any of the custom ROM support FM radio?
CM9-ICS had lots of issue with camera,fm radio,dialer lags and many more... but CM10-JB works like charm :laugh:

saf39

May 10, 2012

bro, now im facing heavy battery drain on CM10-JB....any fix or solution?

vivekb

Jul 27, 2011
Mumbai
bro, now im facing heavy battery drain on CM10-JB....any fix or solution?

go to the specific thread .... don't spoil this thread bro...
regarding battery drain.... allow to drain till 0 % then charge 100 % without unplug ... then clear battery catche in recovery ... then again follow process one more time..... you will feel reasonable difference in battery life.... any way charging guide "charge when its below 20% and allow to charge 100 % (or more than 90 %) in attempt"

Top Liked Posts