[APP][2.2+][3 SEP 2012] FTL Launcher V3.1.3 - All resolutions - ICS compatible -

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 3849416

Oh what is your flame for? You cant teach me what i should do...

I respect work of devs, but sorry - if someone requests for testers and then have their feedback somewhere, its not good in any aspect. I wanted to help VERY MUCH, but for two days autor didnt take my words to think about. It can make everybody little confused and nervous.

EOT.

And, you call me 'idiot' and then you tell me about hurting someone? Its radiculous.

Peace.

* ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ * ^ *
ZaTapatalkowane & WyHTC_IME'owane via ZTE Blade Supercharged ;)

txdeathray

Jan 2, 2011
Houston
I don't usually post this kind of stuff, but this is ridiculous. I don't know what's going through your head right now, rafalo, but when a person has a busy schedule to balance, he/she has to prioritize. IF I'm in the dev's position, having to choose between prioritizing work and deving on android (something he/she enjoys doing), I'd put work and family first.

If the dev prioritize work, then he can come back to work on ROMs and apps any time he wish, when he has the free time. If the dev prioritize deving ROMs and apps, his real life work and family quality will likely suffer and he may not be able to dev again.

If you cannot realize this and disrespect (yes, that's what it's coming off as) the dev for not responding to your PM? Then you deserve no respects from any of us who are trying to help here.

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

Hm, app drawer doesn't appear on 320x480, but i can add shortcuts just fine.

D

Deleted member 3849416

You are just a couple of people that must have right. Alright, i dont want to fight with some haters like you. I say peace, cant you read properly?

And Yes - if i send pm to someone i want him to reply. No one is saint cow i think, and writing some words to user is not hard.

bdpyo

Dec 3, 2010
Philadelphia
I only see what I can tell is 1 screen, which is perfect, I don't need 5 icons on the dock, anyway I can make them blank or remove unwanted apps from the dock?

Other then that, feels good on my recently stock nexus s

Edit: more then enough screens for me lol

Sent from my Nexus S using XDA App

Last edited:

TommUK

Feb 14, 2012
Essex
I like this a lot, the only launcher I will possibly keep after all the bloated ones i have in the Past E.g Go launcher.
I'm slightly unsure on the Permissions on Direct calls however.
Also, a feature to scroll slower on the app Drawer would be a nice addition, as I like to just one flick to scroll down a 'page' as It's quite fast I have to keep my finger on it and drag slowly.
Just some constructive criticism.

Other than that, nice work and I'll continue toying with it now.

Tom

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

haigoeo

Aug 16, 2010
Just tested beta5 on Xperia live (HVGA) and i cant access the menu. Dock menu icon doesnt work, tried through options-apps but same result.
It was ok with beta3.

Thanks again for this great launcher!

lowveld

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2008
New beta 6: WVGA/qHD

Ok guys,

This one had the help of gh123man with the qHD sizing, that he had already done and was very kind in letting me use his values!

Download:
View attachment FTLLauncher_beta6.apk

Note to the HVGA guys: you can also try this, but I haven't been able to figure out why the drawer is not launching for you. I don't see how any changes I did since the last beta could have caused that, but...

Cheers

gh123man

Ok guys,

This one had the help of gh123man with the qHD sizing, that he had already done and was very kind in letting me use his values!

Download:
View attachment 902336

Note to the HVGA guys: you can also try this, but I haven't been able to figure out why the drawer is not launching for you. I don't see how any changes I did since the last beta could have caused that, but...

Cheers

tested and confirmed. working on qHD exactly as it should. both landscape and portrait. no visible aliasing and touch alignment is correct.

EDIT:
Tested on atrix

Last edited:
Reactions: lowveld

esirad

Jan 16, 2011
app drawer not opened for me.
hvga , sony ericsson x8

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

lowveld

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2008
HVGA issues...

First, thanks to all the HVGA testers! Yes, there's definitelly something wrong on the last build, as all of you are reporting issues with the app drawer not opening.

As I said, I couldn't track the issue, but I'll eventually find it.

More important, I managed to convince a friend to consider exchanging is Samsung ACE with my Desire S for a few days (still can't believe I'm doing this). So if he goes through with it, I'll finally get some hands on time with HVGA resolution and hopefully solve the textures issues.

Until then, FTL will remain on market for WVGA and qHD resolutions only. Sorry guys, but you probably have noticed that I'm determined to solve this, but I really need a device and some quality time.

Cheers

Reactions: haigoeo

Dhiraj

Dec 28, 2010
Expected to work fully for MDPI soon .Waiting.

HTC Sense 3.5,Android 2.3.5

akashgupta222

Aug 27, 2011
First, thanks to all the HVGA testers! Yes, there's definitelly something wrong on the last build, as all of you are reporting issues with the app drawer not opening.

More important, I managed to convince a friend to consider exchanging is Samsung ACE with my Desire S for a few days (still can't believe I'm doing this). So if he goes through with it, I'll finally get some hands on time with HVGA resolution and hopefully solve the textures issues.

Until then, FTL will remain on market for WVGA and qHD resolutions only. Sorry guys, but you probably have noticed that I'm determined to solve this, but I really need a device and some quality time.

Cheers

Thanks, waiting to see it on my optimus one

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA App

haigoeo

Aug 16, 2010

Cheers

Great news (for us :))
Take your time!

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
2 guys up, dont make a flamewar - youre silly.

Show us what u pm

And also, u donated / paid?

Hmm

---------------------Tapatalk ----------------------
Sent from my HD 2 running Hyperdroid CM 7 or just,
my new HTC Evolution 3D running ROMeOS Unsensed

D

Deleted member 3849416

" Hello!

Did You thought about making separate 3D drawer with GPU rendering (this one from FTLL)?

Please, it wont be much work for You, and many many users will be very very happy with such app! ;) I can be tester if You want.

So, are You going to help us? It will be AMAZING APP, the best one of this kind.

Please, port only Drawer as separate app :) Please ;) forum.android.com.pl and every Blade user will be in seven heaven:)

OK, could you think about it?"

It was my PM. No reply at all. :/

Was it so hard to just write some words? :/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Faster Than Light Launcher

Make no mistake, this is the fastest launcher you'll ever run. Small, light, configurable. The Gingerbread launcher as it should have been. No useless stuff, no compromises. Performance and usability are the driving forces here.

On version 3.0, most of the limitations on the Lite versions 2.x.x were removed. 3.0 Lite users have almost the full 2.x.x Pro specifications. 3.0 Pro users have a all new game to play now: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming. You can even mix Dock and Icon themes from different launchers. Google Play is yours for the take.

The Lite version still has some of the configurable options pre-loaded that cannot be changed. A lot more stuff is configurable on the full version, check the Pro Version Extras feature list below. Performance or user experience are in no way impaired on the Lite version.

Important: FTL supports all resolutions and ICS, but only 800x480, 854x480, 960x540 and 480x320 devices have 3D drawer enabled! Also ICS has no 3D drawer because it does not contain the "old" opengl interface. But as it is natively accelerated anyway, 2D drawer should be very fast.

Lite Version Features:

- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
    - Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
    - Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
    - Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
    - Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
    - Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
    - Configurable support for scrollable widgets
    - Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9
    - Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Configurable transition speed of homescreens
    - Configurable default homescreen
    - Configurable "swipe up" to one of the following:
    *show homescreen previews
    *open app drawer
    *hide status bar
    *show and hide status bar
    *open and close dock bar
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows

Pro Version Extras:

- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
    - Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
    - Configurable Dock icons size
    - Configurable "swipe down" and "swipe down" independently to any of the following:
    *show homescreen previews
    *open app drawer
    *hide status bar
    *show and hide status bar
    *open and close dock bar
    - Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed​

Basic Instructions:

- On first boot, homescreens will be empty. Long-press anywhere and start adding stuff!
    - You can add/change the shortcuts on the dock bar: Long-press the place you want, and wait for the a popup to show, allowing you to choose what activity you want there.
    - You can uninstall apps directly from the homescreen: long press the shortcut (even in the app drawer), drag it to the trash can that appears where the dock was. If you drop it immediately FTL will only remove the shortcut, but if you wait a bit before droping, FTL will offer to uninstall the app.

Download link from Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lowveld.ftllauncherlite

Try it, you won't regret it!
    more and more features included, im worried this will turn into a GO LAUNCHER alike

so many features requested, from people from GO LAUNCHER? :D

No need to get offensive... :p

Now seriously, up to now every feature added as no impact on performance, and that's my main concern. I don't mind adding stuff, as long as it is useful and does not bloat.

Even the theming was done in a way that it has no impact whatsoever on runtime performance.

But for full disclosure, here are my intended next steps for FTL, in no particular importance order, and definitely with no timeline or ETA associated:

- Fix the drawer always starting at "A". There's a guy always *****ing about this :)
    - Improve the swipe up and down actions to be more configurable (like launching apps and whatnot)
    - On the theming side, find a way to change individual icons
    - completely re-do the dock code to allow more stuff
    - Add a configurable app filter, or some sort of means to build personalized app lists to use on the drawers

Notice that stuff like "horizontal scrolling drawers" is not on the list. Not that it won't be on the future, but I honestly don't consider it a priority. Also over-the-top effects are not, and will probably never be on the list.

Bottom line, apart from the items I mentioned, I'm very much pleased with FTL V3.

Cheers
    New release V1.4.0 is out

So, new version is out, but for now only full version. Sorry guys, I will of course update the Lite version also during the weekend, but I have to get some sleep...

Also the drawer starting always at the top of the list is still there, won't be that easy to change that.

Changelog:
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns (must restart FTL for changes to take effect!)
    - Configurable size of Dock icons
    - Confirmed Froyo support

Cheers
    This launcher is much faster, and works better on my Infuse 4g than adw ex. Will enjoy seeing it's progress! Thank you for a great product.

Thanks!

hi,

Immediately bought it! What a nice app! Is it ok that i make a request?

- folders in app drawer
    - resizing of widgets

regards

Sure it's ok to make requests, it's the all point of this thread: Listen to users and what they want.

Unfortunately what you are asking will not be in next version. But resizable dock icons and configurable desktop grid will.

Cheers
    Version 3.0.0 is out

Ok guys,

This has been a long time in the oven. On version 3.0, most of the limitations on the Lite versions 2.x.x were removed. 3.0 Lite users have almost the full 2.x.x Pro specifications.
    3.0 Pro users have a all new game to play now: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming. You can even mix Dock and Icon themes from different launchers. Google Play is yours for the take., just download the themes and apply.

Here's the current feature list:

Lite Version Features:

- Tweaked for extreme speed and smoothness
    - Fully accelerated 3D Waterfall app drawer
    - Option to use "normal" 2D app drawer
    - Choice between 3 and 5 icon Dock
    - Configurable Support for launcher auto-rotation
    - Configurable Infinite looping of homescreens
    - Configurable support for scrollable widgets
    - Configurable number of homescreens: from 1 to 9
    - Configurable bounce effect on homescreen transitions
    - Configurable wallpaper scrolling
    - Configurable transition speed of homescreens
    - Configurable default homescreen
    - Configurable "swipe up" to open app drawer
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows

Pro Version Extras:

- Theming support: The Pro version can use existing ADW, GoLauncher and LauncherPro Icon and Dock themes, giving FTL and unprecedented array of possible theming.
    - Configurable support for resizeable widgets: only when adding them to the homescreen, you cannot edit them later.
    - Configurable Homescreen grid: From 4 to 6 rows, and 4 to 6 columns
    - Configurable Dock icons size
    - Configurable "swipe down" to pull notification bar
    - Includes anim speed: precise control over core Android windows/transition animation speed​

Hope you enjoy!

Cheers