Huawei ascend G700 U10

Search This thread

kyucosta

Apr 20, 2009
VFR
Hi. My wife just give me this phone couple days back... I dont know anything about im ( samsung and sony user) but search on google i rooted with farmroot apk. Now i need to install a recovery cwm/twr... Dont know the method... Can any one help? And also if u read chinese because i dont and google translator cant translate properly will this phone gettin the new android kitkat? Theres no support from operators for this phone here in portugal. Its a kind of rebel phone :)

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
kinda late - just stumbled across this thread - did you find any answers? Do you still own the G700?

kyucosta

Apr 20, 2009
VFR
I still have it... No confirmation for the kitkat and huawei didnt update the emotion ui... So i put toghether emui 2 and the new weather app and widget and all working pretty good for now... Huawei sucks on updates for the overseas phones or models... Common a 1 year old quad core 2 gb ram with no kitkat? :banghead:

Reactions: eventcom

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
I still have it... No confirmation for the kitkat and huawei didnt update the emotion ui... So i put toghether emui 2 and the new weather app and widget and all working pretty good for now... Huawei sucks on updates for the overseas phones or models... Common a 1 year old quad core 2 gb ram with no kitkat? :banghead:
Yep, sadly it looks like as there won't be any (official) Kitkat update at all for the G700. So as long as there won't be a dev with some time to port one we'll stuck with Jellybean - from the hardware side it would be perfectly capable of Lollipop as well :eek:

-- EDIT --
Do you have any more details about the mods you did?

Last edited:

kyucosta

Apr 20, 2009
VFR
I just root my phone and replace the launcher widget and weather apk from emui 2.0 with root explorer give proper permissions and ok... Just search for emui 2.0 apk on p6 forum...

Sent from my HUAWEI G700-U10 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eventcom

Jan 13, 2012
Nothing really new - besides that there now exists an official CM11 version for a different phone with the same Mediatek chipset Let's see how that goes. Huawei seems to be the one to blame now as Mediatek rolls out the source needed to build 4.4.

But did you manage to install CWM already? If not: I saw a few similar guides with a relatively complicated method (flash stock again with a bigger recovery partition, factory reset, flash CWM, root again) and the installation failed for me many times (bootloop) although I already had that version of the stock ROM installed. Most probably this was a result of not doing the factory reset - I just didn't want to.

Luckily I stumbled across this thread which I did put on hold first as there hasn't been too much information - same for the page where that thread links to.

But in the end I didn't care and kicked my doubts - and it worked perfectly: CWM installed without any loss of data.

Just to make sure the links remain available I'll quote it again:
Huawei G700-U10 -How to Install CWM Recovery

1. Download >>> this file <<< and extract in your external SD Card. (make sure dload folder and update.app)
  2. Go to Settings > About phone > System Update.
  3. Then choose Local update > Confirm.
  4. Your phone will reboot.
  5. To check your CWM Recovery, Turn Off your Phone.
  6. Power on back your phone by push Volume up (+) and Power Button.

Huawei G700-U10 -How to Install CWM Recovery and repair bootloop.

1. Download >>> this file <<< and extract in your external SD Card. (make sure dload folder and update.app)
  2. Power Off your Phone
  3. Then Push both volume up (+) and volume down (-) plus Power Switch.
  4. Your phone will start and Install CWM recovery.
  7. Download your Rom at this >>website <<
  8. Find your correct phone Firmware.
  9. Put on your SD Card and use CWM recovey.

I hope it's helpful for others, too.

gulshan98125

Feb 19, 2015
thanks

Nothing really new - besides that there now exists an official CM11 version for a different phone with the same Mediatek chipset Let's see how that goes. Huawei seems to be the one to blame now as Mediatek rolls out the source needed to build 4.4.

But did you manage to install CWM already? If not: I saw a few similar guides with a relatively complicated method (flash stock again with a bigger recovery partition, factory reset, flash CWM, root again) and the installation failed for me many times (bootloop) although I already had that version of the stock ROM installed. Most probably this was a result of not doing the factory reset - I just didn't want to.

Luckily I stumbled across this thread which I did put on hold first as there hasn't been too much information - same for the page where that thread links to.

But in the end I didn't care and kicked my doubts - and it worked perfectly: CWM installed without any loss of data.

It worked For me Thanks! :) I searched everywhere but only your solution was perfect!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Huawei G700-U10 -How to Install CWM Recovery

2. Go to Settings > About phone > System Update.
    3. Then choose Local update > Confirm.
    4. Your phone will reboot.

Huawei G700-U10 -How to Install CWM Recovery and repair bootloop.

2. Power Off your Phone
    3. Then Push both volume up (+) and volume down (-) plus Power Switch.
    4. Your phone will start and Install CWM recovery.
    7. Download your Rom at this >>website <<
    8. Find your correct phone Firmware.
    9. Put on your SD Card and use CWM recovey.