Steps to change your 1st Boot Splash Screen

Search This thread

asingic

Oct 14, 2008
I did everything and I'm about to patch, however when running the program to update the ROM, it says that its going to update the rom to Rapheal 1.0

Is this correct?

navyguy

Feb 19, 2006
Missouri
Patched ROMeOS Splash

OK, just for idea & example of my humble ROMeOS² bios alike splashscreen.
ROMeOS, I took the liberty of patching your splash that you posted using the PatchSplash Util found here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=436105
I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to use your splash and not have the white bar at the bottom. BTW, I like your work...thank you.

A note to other uses that want to use the splash: Copy RaphaelCustomRUU.exe into the folder and flash.

pazookie

Aug 21, 2006
thank you..i searched forever and couldnt find it..im suprised its not in the splash screen repository..maybe ill add it

P525Lover

Mar 27, 2007
Thanks for this tutorial.
i use a custom Rom on HTC Touch Pro and i want to change All of the images that Pro use it to Boot device in Default way. by this thread i can change the first image to default (Black screen whith rom information in red).
Now i want to use HTC animation Logo with sound and Default green wm6.1 logo instead of other custom images.
i'm not sure but i think if i had the original images that i mention above i can change those with Advance config. Does anybody Have ?
Regards.

P525Lover

Mar 27, 2007
Thanks for this tutorial.
i use a custom Rom on HTC Touch Pro and i want to change All of the images that Pro use it to Boot device in Default way. by this thread i can change the first image to default (Black screen whith rom information in red).
Now i want to use HTC animation Logo with sound and Default green wm6.1 logo instead of other custom images.
i'm not sure but i think if i had the original images that i mention above i can change those with Advance config. Does anybody Have ?
Regards.
i found it:
here

pandaboyy

Dec 10, 2006
Montreal
Maybe you can help me.

Last week, I had NATF's ROM on my device. Now I'm on Lantis, because I want to try a new ROM. However, after installing the new ROM, NATF's splash screen is still around.
So I thought the tutorial on this thread will help me get rid of it... well it did 90% of it. After flashing the new splash screen, I have on top my image and on the bottom (where the 3 red lines are) I have NATF's splash screen... it's like having 2 images on my splash screen (one on top and a small one on the bottom).
Can you help me get rid of NATF's blue splash screen on the bottom?

Attachments

• IMG_0371.jpg
    IMG_0371.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 263

pfcsabre

Apr 4, 2008
The Hague
Last week, I had NATF's ROM on my device. Now I'm on Lantis, because I want to try a new ROM. However, after installing the new ROM, NATF's splash screen is still around.
So I thought the tutorial on this thread will help me get rid of it... well it did 90% of it. After flashing the new splash screen, I have on top my image and on the bottom (where the 3 red lines are) I have NATF's splash screen... it's like having 2 images on my splash screen (one on top and a small one on the bottom).
Can you help me get rid of NATF's blue splash screen on the bottom?

You need my tool in my sig ;)

JZ SmartMort

Mar 24, 2008
Burbank
AT&T Fuze Stock Splash

I see a few people requesting the original AT&T stock splash/boot screen so I am providing it. This is the white screen with blue logo in the middle and "AT&T World Phone" text.

I also wanted to explain how ridiculously easy it was to make (gotta love the tools and the community).

1. There is a tool called "htc ROM Image Editor"
  2. Grab an AT&T stock ROM from the Raphael Wiki
  3. Open the NBH (contained in any stock ROM) file in the ROM editor tool from step #1
  4. Delete everything except the "SPLASH" node
  5. Save it and you're all set
Thanks!
JZ

Attachments

• ATT.JPG
    ATT.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

reellis

Jan 21, 2009
Anniston, AL
I'm sure this is an easy question for most of you here, but please have patience on the noob. I have used NATF 4.2 and now Energyrom 1.1, so my boot screen goes from natf to htc logo and then to energyrom screens. If I use the steps on post 1 will I just change the NATF screen or will it affect the others as well? If it will not affect the others, how are they changed? Thanks.

Edit: I used the software in post 1 and that changed the NATF screen to my custom screen, this is still followed by the HTC screen, and now there is no energyrom screen. I got rid of it by changing the carrier timeout startup value to 0 in advanced config\splash screen.

Edit: I also was able to disable the htc startup screen by using diamondtweak and setting startup animation to disabled. Now I only have my custom boot splash screen before tf3d loads. Hope this helps anyone else who is looking to change their boot sequence. I'm sure there is a better way to do this, but I stumbled across this way.

Last edited:

adamelphick

Feb 1, 2006
London
Huawei P20 Pro
Huawei P30 Pro
Hi vyap, great guide on how to create new splash scree but every time I try step 5/v to create nhb in location I choose nothing happens. Ive followed all the steps and it says done but there is no file in the location I selected. Im running vista and have also tried running nbh utility as admin. Also tried on xp but NBHUtil.exe kept coming up as an error and would only terminate. The xml file is in the same folder also.

Ok solved the problem by using Htc Rom Tool 1.1 to create the nbh

Same happens to me but when i downloaded HTC Rom tool 1.1 there was no raphael so I am doing something wrong! Why does the tool for Step 5 not produce any file at all? HELP!

sabesh

Dec 15, 2004
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
I see a few people requesting the original AT&T stock splash/boot screen so I am providing it. This is the white screen with blue logo in the middle and "AT&T World Phone" text.

I also wanted to explain how ridiculously easy it was to make (gotta love the tools and the community).

3. Open the NBH file in the ROM editor tool
Thanks!
JZ
Thank you VERY much! This was indeed 'ridiculously easy'. I've attached the files needed to change to a stock HTC Touch Pro splash screen. Cheers.

chernomorez

May 6, 2008
Thank you so much.
Is there any way you can extract the green WM 6.1 boot screen?
Thanks again

3. Open the NBH file in the ROM editor tool
Thanks!
JZ

Psyki

Apr 14, 2006
Seattle
How to flash your device for changing splash screen won't hard-reset your device. But you should still make a backup .

i. Create the wallpaper 480x640
Advice : when the Raphael starts, you can see 3 red lines (R, G, D number versions) : the 100 low pixel are black, whatever your wallpaper... that's why, I suppose, every splash screen I saw are always black
And you should take care of that (just use the 540 high pixel, and leave the 100 low black)

ii. If not already done, convert the image to a .bmp (just use paint and save as a 24 bit bmp)

iii. Run rsbbmp.exe, the RSB<->BMP converter, to convert your .bmp to a .rsb
Just clic on "Add files", select your .bmp files, and then, "convert all"
This will create a .rsb file in the same folder as your .bmp file

iv. Run Splash-RSB Converter.exe, the RSB<->NB converter.
Choose the VGA option. This will create a .nb file in the same folder as your .rsb file

v. run NBHutil.exe, the NB<->NBH converter (the NBHUtil.xml file have to be in the same folder as NBHUtil.exe).
On first tab "Build NBH", in the "Target Device" list, choose "Raphael" (at the end of the list).
Then, on the right on the windows, you'll have the "NBH Items". Clic on the "..." button of splash item. An "Open" windows pops up : select the .nb file that you just created. Finally, clic on button "Build NBH!"
This will create a .nbh file (in the location that you choose).

vi. Copy/paste this file in the same folder as RaphaelCustomRUU.exe, run it & follow instructions as usual for a flash of your Raphael.

vii. Enjoy

Worked like a charm, thanks for the write up! FYI I found the exact same instructions for HTC Diamond with corresponding DiamondCustomRUU.exe but it didn't work for my Touch Pro.

JZ SmartMort

Mar 24, 2008
Burbank
Thank you so much.
Is there any way you can extract the green WM 6.1 boot screen?
Thanks again

Those are two different splash screens, the one described in this thread is a part of the boot process... do not confuse that with the OS boot screen that's easily changeable. Search the web for welcomehead.96.png and welcomehead.192.png and look for one of those in your \Windows folder. You can just overwrite the file, there is no advanced process for changing it. The filename depends on the resolution of your device... here are more articles about welcomehead

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=402536
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=501186