Tutorial - SIM Unlock

Search This thread

Orcusen

Jan 14, 2012
INSTRUCTIONS

To clear the IMEI use the SmartFlash Tool. You must backup for your photos, and applications because it will erase everythings.

• Open SmartFlash Tool.
  • Open Windows Enabler as administrador. (Click with left mouse button on the icon to activate)
  • Enable Erase entire CP.
  • Choose the firmware and start the process.

Firmware for SmartFlash: bin/fls and bin/fls+cwm

image.jpg

Once process is complete turn on our terminal and check that it has been cleared by inserting a SIM from another company or if we look defaced IMEI by dialing *#06# ... if yes, WE HAVE OUR PHONE UNLOCKED!

Now we have to restore the IMEI

RECOMMENDED:

Just to quickly answer your question properly. Here is how I did it. There might be other ways, but this one worked quite well for me:

Connect your phone with usb debugging enabled and make sure it's well connected:
adb devices #You should see some number now.

adb shell
make sure you got superuser rights:
su
a # will appear

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/nvram.img #or whatever you wanna call the backed up .img file.

then exit the shell

then type:

adb pull /sdcard/nvram.img #or whatever you called the backup img

you ll find it in your adb folder then. Make sure you keep it safe ;)

*Important commands are in RED. Maybe I missed something, so if you have problems, just tell me. But that should be pretty much it.

Of course you need adb set up, for this to work. There is a small package in my Noob-HOW-TO and you can also find A LOT of tutorials all over xda about adb.

RESTORE IMEI

Now we proceed to restore IMEI. We need to know the IMEI is having our phone, so you can look at the back of the mobile phone or on the invoice.

• Connect your phone to your PC via USB. (only necessary that is on)
  • Introducing 3845#*970# on the dialer.
  • Select Port settings -> Select USB CP / In 2.3.4 select AP CP USB -> USB CP
  • Download TUTTY and OPEN.
  • In Protocol select Serial, Port is left as is and click OPEN (review the port because sometimes that is not correct)

seleccionserial1.jpg

Now write the following:
  • Type AT (If not accepted, or do not see the characters switch ports)
  • Type at% imei (should show current phone IMEI)
  • Type at% imei = x, x, x, x, x ..., (In each X would have to put the number that corresponded to our true IMEI)

scaled.php

Once process is done introduce introduce 3845#*970# on the dialer and changed CP USB -> USB AP and ready.

Reboot the phone and check the IMEI by dialing *#06#.

Sorry for my english

Last edited:

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011
AW: Tutorial - SIM Unlock

INSTRUCTIONS

To clear the IMEI use the SmartFlash Tool. You must backup for your photos, and applications because it will erase everythings.

• Open SmartFlash Tool.
  • Install Windows Enabler. (Click with left mouse button on the icon to activate)
  • Enable Erase entire.

Once the process is complete turn on our terminal and check that it has been cleared by inserting a SIM from another company or if we look defaced IMEI by dialing *#06# ... if yes, WE HAVE OUR PHONE RELEASED!

RESTORE IMEI

Now we proceed to restore IMEI. We need to know the IMEI is having our phone, so you can look at the back of the mobile phone or on the invoice.

• ntroducing 3845#*970# on the scoreboard.
  • Download TUTTY and OPEN. download
  • In Protocol select Serial, Port is left as is and click OPEN (review the port because sometimes that is not correct)

Now write the following:

• Type at% imei = x, x, x, x, x ..., (In each X would have to put the number that corresponded to our true IMEI)

Once again the process introduce introduce 3845 # * 970 # on the scoreboard and changed CP USB -> USB AP and ready.

Sorry for my english

Erase entire what? Cp? Are you serious? The thing that already bricked many devices... and i dont mean brick like softbrick, but some ppl were were unable to use their phone anymore, because their network didnt work anymore... sorry for critizising, but this simply seems dangerous to me...

Sent from my LG-P970 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: ruiq1

Orcusen

Jan 14, 2012
Erase entire what? Cp? Are you serious? The thing that already bricked many devices... and i dont mean brick like softbrick, but some ppl were were unable to use their phone anymore, because their network didnt work anymore... sorry for critizising, but this simply seems dangerous to me...

Yes.. the method has worked for many people in Spain. You can see the tutorial and yours comments -> http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=320114

It was discovered by a user having network problems and since that day we use.

I have no knowledge as you, but if something works you can always repeat :good:

Reactions: ruiq1

jes0411

Nov 15, 2011
OnePlus 11
This method has been discovered by some people in htcmania with network problems.
To fix network problems they do this process with orcusen's help, and someone realized that his phone was unlocked.
After that, the method was used by many people to unlock the phone succesfully.

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011

This method has been discovered by some people in htcmania with network problems.
To fix network problems they do this process with orcusen's help, and someone realized that his phone was unlocked.

Well you definitly should backup the nvram partition, before you try to touch anything related to it. I'd say, until you provide a way of how to back it up, you should delete the information above, since it can seriously screw up phones... look for a post made by xonar_ he explained somewhere, how to back up nvram partition. As soon as this info is in there, I think this thread is a good one. But until then, it seems to dangerous to me...

See i am always in favour of sharing information and knowledge, but as long as things arent bullet proof, they always risk to brick noobs' phones. That's the only thing i am concerned about... I am quite sure, that otherwise lots of new threads about: tried to unlock my phone, now my phone doesnt work anymore will pop up ;)

Last edited:

jes0411

Nov 15, 2011
OnePlus 11
Well you definitly should backup the nvram partition, before you try to touch anything related to it. I'd say, until you provide a way of how to back it up, you should delete the information above, since it can seriously screw up phones... look for a post made by xonar_ he explained somewhere, how to back up nvram partition. As soon as this info is in there, I think this thread is a good one. But until then, it seems to dangerous to me...

See i am always in favour of sharing information and knowledge, but as long as things arent bullet proof, they always risk to brick noobs' phones. That's the only thing i am concerned about... I am quite sure, that otherwise lots of new threads about: tried to unlock my phone, now my phone doesnt work anymore will pop up ;)

I don't know about that, only say what I see in other forum, but I don't know about nvram partition nor what erase cp really does.
I think if this process afects nvram partition, it'll be good if there is an easy way to backup it and restore if something goes grong.
For now nobody reported problems, only people that did something grong in tutty and can't restore imei, but finally they could do it.

Orcusen

Jan 14, 2012
These photos are from this afternoon. A user are HTCMania

anezahe8.jpg

3u5apy4e.jpg

Enviado desde mi LG-P970 usando Tapatalk 2

diazao

Oct 14, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

That thing really works, I've just unlocked my sister's P920 yesterday... I had some headache restoring the IMEI back but I finally did it... I was thinking if this method should work or not with our P970, and looks like it really does! :)

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011

That thing really works, I've just unlocked my sister's P920 yesterday... I had some headache restoring the IMEI back but I finally did it... I was thinking if this method should work or not with our P970, and looks like it really does! :)

Yes it seems to work, though you should backup your nvram before doing anything to it. If you guys dont wanna listen to me... well your problem... i just dont wanna have to deal with noobs every day, who have problems with or after the procedure. I am only making suggestions. Over an out.

re4lsk

Dec 16, 2011
Hermosillo
www.twitter.com

Dont be so uptight, everything here on XDA is not bulletproof, if somene is trying to do something that does not understand is not the fault of the OP, people that come to XDA should be aware that here is not the place to take things lightly.

We all started as noobs, but reading, searching and understanding makes us take a step away from noobishness (I think that word doesnt even exist) some faster than others, even I had a bricked my phone the first time I tried to flash CM7(even when I'd read the instructions carefully), but that didnt stopped Me trying to fix my own mess, I read, searched and read again until I could fix My phone, all that without having posted a Q in the CM7 thread or opening a Q in general subforum, the moral of the story is if you broke it you fix it with your own tools(brain).

PS I'm still a noob, one that can compile a kernel and a rom but a noob nonetheless.

Reactions: von Mandrake

dflt

Dec 11, 2011
Warszawa
Yes it seems to work, though you should backup your nvram before doing anything to it. If you guys dont wanna listen to me... well your problem... i just dont wanna have to deal with noobs every day, who have problems with or after the procedure. I am only making suggestions. Over an out.

What is the best way to do it?

repulse

Jun 27, 2009
I think i will try to do it... If i do it, will report if it worked for me...

Sobralobo

Jul 9, 2011
Setúbal
Is there a way to know if the nvram is corrupted ? I used that method last year because of my phone being always in emergency mode after receiving too many sms (more than 500 in a short time were sent)

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk 2

Makiu

Sep 29, 2010
well theres always a safe way to do it i bought an unlock code for 10$ and it was pretty fast at www(dot)unlock(dot)mx

N00BY0815

Nov 6, 2011

Just to quickly answer your question properly. Here is how I did it. There might be other ways, but this one worked quite well for me:

Connect your phone with usb debugging enabled and make sure it's well connected:

adb shell
su
a # will appear

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p11 of=/sdcard/nvram.img #or whatever you wanna call the backed up .img file.

then exit the shell

then type:

*Important commands are in RED. Maybe I missed something, so if you have problems, just tell me. But that should be pretty much it.

Of course you need adb set up, for this to work. There is a small package in my Noob-HOW-TO and you can also find A LOT of tutorials all over xda about adb.

Last edited:
Reactions: jes0411 and repulse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    INSTRUCTIONS

• Open SmartFlash Tool.
    • Open Windows Enabler as administrador. (Click with left mouse button on the icon to activate)
    • Enable Erase entire CP.

Firmware for SmartFlash: bin/fls and bin/fls+cwm

image.jpg

Once process is complete turn on our terminal and check that it has been cleared by inserting a SIM from another company or if we look defaced IMEI by dialing *#06# ... if yes, WE HAVE OUR PHONE UNLOCKED!

RECOMMENDED:

adb shell
    su
    a # will appear

then exit the shell

then type:

RESTORE IMEI

• Introducing 3845#*970# on the dialer.
    • Download TUTTY and OPEN.

seleccionserial1.jpg

Now write the following:

scaled.php

Once process is done introduce introduce 3845#*970# on the dialer and changed CP USB -> USB AP and ready.

Sorry for my english

And to restore it, what are the commands ?

Change dd if= to the path to the .img file and of=nvrampartition. So just swap the command. CMIIW, havent tried it yet...

adb shell
    su
    a # will appear

then exit the shell

then type:

INSTRUCTIONS

• Open SmartFlash Tool.
    • Install Windows Enabler. (Click with left mouse button on the icon to activate)
    • Enable Erase entire.

Once the process is complete turn on our terminal and check that it has been cleared by inserting a SIM from another company or if we look defaced IMEI by dialing *#06# ... if yes, WE HAVE OUR PHONE RELEASED!

RESTORE IMEI

• ntroducing 3845#*970# on the scoreboard.
    • Download TUTTY and OPEN. download

Now write the following:

Once again the process introduce introduce 3845 # * 970 # on the scoreboard and changed CP USB -> USB AP and ready.

Sorry for my english