121 KB · Views: 1,727
Reactions: Chris0706 and sj00

steen-p

Nov 28, 2004
Hello everyone!

I just got the Jelly Bean update on a german ACER a700
Have fun!

Mickey

Have just pulled the update down my self, and the installation seemed to go well. The update has resulted in the following error: “Unfortunately, VirusScan Mobile has stopped.”, and with the options “Report” and “OK”. Regardless of pressing send or OK, the same pop-up appears half a second later. Power of and on have not help.

I don’t know what to do right now to get rid of the problem. The device is useless right now.

If you think about upgrading, I would think twice before jumping into the update. Might be better to wait until more success stories appears ;)

BR Steen

Update: Acer Denmark was not able to help (unless I would return it). I succeded in getting into the settigns menu and killed the VirusScan Mobile, so I am able to use it for now (until I have to reboot it :))

Last edited:

sj00

Jul 15, 2009
Have just pulled the update down my self, and the installation seemed to go well. The update has resulted in the following error: “Unfortunately, VirusScan Mobile has stopped.”, and with the options “Report” and “OK”. Regardless of pressing send or OK, the same pop-up appears half a second later. Power of and on have not help.

I don’t know what to do right now to get rid of the problem. The device is useless right now.

If you think about upgrading, I would think twice before jumping into the update. Might be better to wait until more success stories appears ;)

BR Steen

Ive had the same Problem.
With a taskkiller i have killed the app temp. and then i have erase the Data from Virusmobile in the Setup->Apps.
Until now no Popup.
But i don't konw if the Virusmobile is still running.

Reactions: Mechkilla

steen-p

Nov 28, 2004
Calendar issue

The calendar keeps forgetting what calendar/calendars have be selected for viewing.

BR Steen

Lindexslp

Feb 16, 2012
Frankfurt
www.buckshot-rock.de
Also just installed it - Mobile Virusscan was a bit annoying to stop because the FC message pops up in the foreground like every second, leaving you unable to proceed, so you gotta be quick to get into app control...
I deactivated it and switched to Avast! which I already have on my SGS2 and am quite happy with.

That done I must say I'm a bit disappointed performancewise, I don't really have the feeling it got any faster or more fluid. :(

chemcup

Jun 6, 2012
I had the A700 EMEA_DE but when check for update it say your device is up-to-date
How you got the update can anyone please upload the update zip file?

TomONeill

Dec 4, 2008
Awesome! I also got the update, but will this wipe all my current apps and stuff?

Edit:
I read after searching (hehe, sorry, replied too quick), that OTA updates never wipe the installed apps and data. It only updates system related stuff.

Edit2:
Phew, download is SLOW!
Edit3: Sorry, it's not slow, it's fast, but the tablet was almost out of range of the router.

Last edited:

cheefy

Dec 18, 2010
I got the update too in Germany.

My download was quite fast though. No it doesn't change anything in your userdata.Apps and settings are the same.

For me it seems much smoother in the first 5 minutes i checked it out.

Big improvement as far as i could see.

DЯΦiDi@П

Jun 16, 2012
Nice surprise :)

Unluckily when I start a manual search for updates, I get the following error meaasge: "System update is not allowed on your device".

Haven't tried it before, because there was nothing to search for. I think it's due to rooting the device, right?

I used method 2 from this post.

Any ideas how to get the update working?

------------------------------

With temp unroot from OTA RootKeeper I can manage to search for an update, but there seems to be nothing available for my device until now.
(Installing might fail anyway due to the patched kernel.)

Last edited:

DakiX

Mar 11, 2012
Yeah I said it is coming soon, I am made great acer muahah but unfortunately I do not have the update.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

JavierBere

Sep 28, 2012
Anyone in the US get it? I keep being told my software is up to date but I'm still on 4.0.4

Sent from my A700 using xda app-developers app

casper326

Oct 18, 2008
The A500 ICS update. Also not push to all peoples at the same time.
So I thank DE JB version also like that.

Remember the "Power MANAHEMENT" update?
Also push to DE version first, than FR. and US will be the last.
And HK version need to wait one more month later.

TomONeill

Dec 4, 2008
What this update does

The update installs the following stuff:
- JB, obviously. Which includes changing the time font, Recent Apps and colour of the soft button pressing (gray instead of blue).
- Google Chrome.
- Acer Cloud.
- Google Currents.
- Google Voice Search (Google Now).

The update installs the following widgets:
- Google Play Books (doesn't seem to work).
- Google Play Music.
- Play - My Library.
- Play Recommendations.

It Improves the touch experience greatly. Note that the option in the Settings is set back to "Normal", you can change it to "High" but it doesn't seem to be necessary.

No other languages are added.
Google Play Store doesn't seem to be updated. I still need to download the full app after an update.

All the apps start and shut down fast, only the launcher doesn't seem to work that smooth anymore. Maybe try another launcher like Apex?
Also, I can't seem to expand the notifications. Long pressing the notifications shows an option to open the app info.

Last edited:

casper326

Oct 18, 2008
Can't it play Dead Trigger with Ultra High setting smoothly?
The ics is fxxking lag when playing this game...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends!

Look here if you want to update your a700 manual (with update.zip)

http://www.android-hilfe.de/showthread.php?p=4175671

Instruction:
    1. Download update.zip
    2. Move it to root directory of the sdcard
    3. Reboot your a700 into recovery
    4. Choose apply/sdcard/update.zip. or something similar xD
    5. Let it install
    6. Welcome JB ;D

Info this is the German update.
    I dont know if this works with different firmware.

Sent from my Disarmed toasted EVO 3D GSM

Sent from my Disarmed toasted EVO 3D GSM
    I don’t understand how the update with acer works why here in Germany some got the update and some not?

So I got the OTA request times recorded with tcpdump.
    The request goes to: http://checkin.acer.futuredial.com...lfe Sent from my Disarmed toasted EVO 3D GSM
    Hello everyone!

I just got the Jelly Bean update on a german ACER a700

Build: ACER_AV051_A700_1.028.00_EMEA_DE
    Image: ACER_AV051_A700_RV09RC02_EMEA_DE

Have fun!

Mickey

BR Steen

Ive had the same Problem.
    With a taskkiller i have killed the app temp. and then i have erase the Data from Virusmobile in the Setup->Apps.
    Until now no Popup.
    But i don't konw if the Virusmobile is still running.