Search This thread

Xan21

Oct 10, 2010
Steve has some M1 cases back in stock today! electroniccrap.com

Get em while they last! :D

jocallag997

Nov 27, 2010
M1 case and Magnet Issues

I had to surgically remove the rare earth magnets in the top of the case because they were wigging out the touch screen. Capacitive screens are affected by magnets. I was all set to return my Gtab to Tigerdirect after calling Viewsonic's 866 number. Then I took it out of the M1 case and magically the touch screen started acting normally. After removing the magnets and regluing the Case back together it works much better. I reported this to Itsteve and he did not seem to to offer any solution, just said nice Mod. I wish I had sprung for the clip case everyone seems so entralled with, but it was out of stock when I ordered the M1. The case works fine without the magnets now though.

Running G tab with Stock 3588 Rom Rooted and Hacked with Working Market thanks to other posts out here on XDA. I would like to them but I can't do that yet.

StingRay_

Dec 19, 2010
Dallas
Thanks for the info on the M1 case and magnet problem...was going to try to grab one of those if they came in stock today...will try another case....

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
Interesting. My M1 is due to arrive today, I'll report whether or not I experience the same issue. I don't do leather, so it was really my only choice, so I'm hoping I don't have the same problem.

kevingt01

Mar 8, 2011
anyone that misses out, I have one to sell in like-new condition.

Asking $30 shipped priority mail within US. PM if interested.

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
I had to surgically remove the rare earth magnets in the top of the case because they were wigging out the touch screen. Capacitive screens are affected by magnets. I was all set to return my Gtab to Tigerdirect after calling Viewsonic's 866 number. Then I took it out of the M1 case and magically the touch screen started acting normally. After removing the magnets and regluing the Case back together it works much better. I reported this to Itsteve and he did not seem to to offer any solution, just said nice Mod. I wish I had sprung for the clip case everyone seems so entralled with, but it was out of stock when I ordered the M1. The case works fine without the magnets now though.

Running G tab with Stock 3588 Rom Rooted and Hacked with Working Market thanks to other posts out here on XDA. I would like to them but I can't do that yet.
What was your screen doing? I'm not noticing anything weird after playing with it for a bit.

mindwave

Aug 3, 2010
you know I'm sure that the guy who makes those is a great guy but I cant see much in his pix at all.

one thing that seems to be throwing me off is his descriptions describe some of them as "folios" which to ME would indcate something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004T6A484

where you have some slots for business cards etc.

anyone know if his has those?

I have that one coming to me this week, so ill let you know if I like it.

Right now I'm using a vinyl zippered bible cover with velcro on the back. Tablet is secure and protected (its got some padding) plus I can carry a bunch of USB keys and all my cards.

I'm just looking for something a little slimmer.

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
I'll post some pics of mine in the M1 here in a bit. It is actually a nice case, but I do see what he means about the fake leather harness that holds the gTab feeling a little cheap. I don't think it will tear with normal use, but if you're rough with it, it just might. I wish it was more flush with the body of the tab, but it's tolerable.

I'm just happy to have a folio-type case for this sucker, and it's great to have it propped up. There are not slots for business cards, but I consider it a folio because it folds open and allows you to use the gTab while it's still secured in the case.

dfin13

Aug 23, 2007
Memphis, TN
Ok, here are some photos. Taken with my Evo, so it's not the best quality, but should give you an idea of how it looks. One thing I have noticed is that the little flap that holds the stand in place will remain a little stuck out after you fold the case shut. I laid the tab with flap side down, and it seems to settle back into place after having some weight on it.

IMAG0344.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0342.jpg

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

IMAG0347.jpg

Legolas2

Apr 2, 2011
Sold Out :(