[Guide] to Installing Unlocked BootLoader [10/13/11] | UPDATED |

Search This thread

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Go to HTCDev.com
Make a account , here then go to this link and follow all instruction's , but make sure you go to this link , it don't show us as a supported device but this work's for all device's me & crackeyes have tried this .
Go to this link after that : here , follow all the step's , below will be my version .

1) Remove and reinsert the battery.
Unlock_1b.png

2) Press Volume Down and Power to start the device into Bootloader mode.
Unlock_2.png

3) Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button.
Unlock_3b.png

4) Connect the device to the computer via a usb cable
Unlock_4.png

5) Make a folder in c:\ called Android & then input the file's from your android SDK their , such as
adb.exe
AdbWinApi.dll
fastboot.exe
step5.png

6) Open up command prompt. ( Start > Run > Type CMD,). The window that appears is called Command Prompt.
step6.png

7) Navigate to where you unzipped the ZIP file and go to the folder you just created (For Example: If you created the folder in C:\Android, then you would type in Command Prompt: cd c:\Android).

8) Type in Command Prompt: fastboot oem get_identifier_token.
step8.png

9) You will see a long block of text. Copy and paste this text into the the token field below (in the command prompt: Right Click > Mark > highlight the block of text > Right click to copy).
pict_6a.png

10) Paste this string of text into the token field and hit Submit in order to receive your unlock code binary file. You will receive this information in your email.

Example:
pict7.png

11) On the bottom of http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions/page-3 , please input your result's & if it say's failed keep on trying & it will go threw .

Straight from HTCDev.com , & NOTE : THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRENTY
You are about to start the process of unlocking your device. Unlocking your device allows you to install custom Operating Systems (“OS”) onto your device. Custom OS’s are not tested as thoroughly as your original OS, and unlocking your device may void all or parts of your warranty. HTC disclaims any and all liability for proper functioning of your device after the bootloader has been unlocked and for data lost in the unlocking process. To prevent unauthorized access to your data, unlocking the bootloader will delete all personal data from your device including applications, text messages and personalized settings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaywan

Dec 21, 2010
Newark
You should not of released this not HTC will patch it... Hopefully alpha rev x pics this up if so I will dev here

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Why would HTC patch this? Isn't it their process? They even have a warning saying you are voiding your warranty.

Don't let that stop you from Dev'ing here though... I plan on having this phone. :)

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
HTC released this method on HTCDev.com/BootLoader , they give all right's to unlock your bootloader . It won't get patched bro & once we get root yaya !
You should not of released this not HTC will patch it... Hopefully alpha rev x pics this up if so I will dev here

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Willieumm

Oct 4, 2010
Umm I thought you returned your phone and you said before that crackeyes did it and it worked now you say you did it too after you returned the phone? I think you might be a compulsive liar after reading this as well as all the other crap you're posting around here. Just saying, no need to lie to people you don't even know.

Reactions: ben200451

Willieumm

Oct 4, 2010
I would like to see a screen shot or picture of the bootloader showing s-off.

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I returned the phone to my local PD , what are you talking about i purchased it at a local chinese store , it had the box but they kept the box for $499 it's clean literally brand new . I was going to pay that price in a few week's . , & i have no eason to lie so just stop it now .
Umm I thought you returned your phone and you said before that crackeyes did it and it worked now you say you did it too after you returned the phone? I think you might be a compulsive liar after reading this as well as all the other crap you're posting around here. Just saying, no need to lie to people you don't even know.

theghazi

Dec 10, 2009
Chicago
it works, i have used this method today.
it got the bootloader unlocked, but it says S-ON

i wonder why

but bootloader says on the top UNLOCKED

Reviewers

Mar 5, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Leave me the hell alone , stop posting on all of my thread's , what work do i steal you idiot ? What am i lieing about ? Leave me alone & stop harassing me .
hi all from the sk4g exploring the fourms,
just want to let you know revolution is a fake ass dev he steals work and passes it off as his! just want to warn you all of his lies. just be careful.
thanks

Mr. Clown

Senior Moderator / RC-RT Committee - Fear a Clown
Staff member
Nov 29, 2008
Lake Ridge, Virginia
hi all from the sk4g exploring the fourms,
just want to let you know revolution is a fake ass dev he steals work and passes it off as his! just want to warn you all of his lies. just be careful.
thanks

Can you stop this and if this is the case send me some proof.

Thanks, I will delete all of your offtopic posts.

Back on topic, please.

bakron1

Oct 9, 2010
Dearborn Hts

i wonder why

Unlocking the bootloader through HTC does not give you S=Off, I had the same issue when I unlocked my sensation using this method. You need S=Off to have write permissions to install a custom recovery image or ROM's.

Typical HTC BS, I far as I concerned, once you have acknowledged the warning about voiding warranty, you have accepted the risk and they phone should be fully unlocked and not the partial one they are giving you.

The whole HTC bootloader unlock method is NOT what you think it is and is very misleading as far as I am concerned.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

i wonder why

Unlocking the bootloader through HTC does not give you S=Off, I had the same issue when I unlocked my sensation using this method. You need S=Off to have write permissions to install a custom recovery image or ROM's.

Typical HTC BS, I far as I concerned, once you have acknowledged the warning about voiding warranty, you have accepted the risk and they phone should be fully unlocked and not the partial one they are giving you.

The whole HTC bootloader unlock method is NOT what you think it is and is very misleading as far as I am concerned.
    Go to HTCDev.com
    Make a account , here then go to this link and follow all instruction's , but make sure you go to this link , it don't show us as a supported device but this work's for all device's me & crackeyes have tried this .
    Go to this link after that : here , follow all the step's , below will be my version .

1) Remove and reinsert the battery.
    Unlock_1b.png

2) Press Volume Down and Power to start the device into Bootloader mode.
    Unlock_2.png

3) Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button.
    Unlock_3b.png

4) Connect the device to the computer via a usb cable
    Unlock_4.png

5) Make a folder in c:\ called Android & then input the file's from your android SDK their , such as
    adb.exe
    AdbWinApi.dll
    fastboot.exe
    step5.png

6) Open up command prompt. ( Start > Run > Type CMD,). The window that appears is called Command Prompt.
    step6.png

7) Navigate to where you unzipped the ZIP file and go to the folder you just created (For Example: If you created the folder in C:\Android, then you would type in Command Prompt: cd c:\Android).

8) Type in Command Prompt: fastboot oem get_identifier_token.
    step8.png

9) You will see a long block of text. Copy and paste this text into the the token field below (in the command prompt: Right Click > Mark > highlight the block of text > Right click to copy).
    pict_6a.png

10) Paste this string of text into the token field and hit Submit in order to receive your unlock code binary file. You will receive this information in your email.

Example:
    pict7.png

11) On the bottom of http://www.htcdev.com/bootloader/unlock-instructions/page-3 , please input your result's & if it say's failed keep on trying & it will go threw .

Straight from HTCDev.com , & NOTE : THIS WILL VOID YOUR WARRENTY
    You are about to start the process of unlocking your device. Unlocking your device allows you to install custom Operating Systems (“OS”) onto your device. Custom OS’s are not tested as thoroughly as your original OS, and unlocking your device may void all or parts of your warranty. HTC disclaims any and all liability for proper functioning of your device after the bootloader has been unlocked and for data lost in the unlocking process. To prevent unauthorized access to your data, unlocking the bootloader will delete all personal data from your device including applications, text messages and personalized settings.
    And you are a Dev? They are not the same thing.

Sent to Defy your mind.

hahaha give him a break hes only 14 lol ;)
    @OP:

Change the thread title to "Unlocking bootloader by htcdev", S-OFF is misleading, and a whole different ballgame. This is *not* S-OFF.