[30-05-13][SD/MAGLDR] Barebone CM7 V3 SRAM

Search This thread

Learning Never Ends team

Jul 23, 2012
This build is ported from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867986 using Portadroid xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1094372 Credits and thanks to Rick_1995, boonbing for Portadroid, cyanogenmod, cmhtcleo team (arif-ali, milaq, charansingh and all other cm developers) for device tree, tytung for kernel, Darkstone1337 for SuperRAM concept, and any others we forgot.

Instructions:

Well you know just extract everything and put the build folder (the one with all the files in, for example ics, jelly) in the root of your sd card. If WM6.5 tap on clrcad (nothing appears to happen) then haret, if magldr navigate to build folder using ad-sd dir and select build folder name then boot AD SD.
Please remember to REBOOT X 3.
Magldr users can get different sized blank data.ext4 from here xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24930501&postcount=1353 edit; may get boot loops, please test. Magldr default=512Mb if you leave empty. edit2 here is blank 256mb one http://www.mediafire.com/?ey40c1wti77ni2w

Downloads

Barebone CM7 V3 -Latest SuperRAM build from Rick_1995 see this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42007074&postcount=64
note that this is not a port from nand rom, but an exclusive SuperRAM build from Rick_1995
There is a problem for magldr users changing lcd density, a solution is posted here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47161712&postcount=78 (thanks to Calisto1986 for the heads up). HaRET users are unaffected and can edit startup.txt as usual

Barebone CM7 V2b SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

Barebone CM7 SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

This is from parent thread by Rick_1995
Note: I compiled this rom for myself but figured sharing won't hurt, and hence I don't plan to provide much support though I'll see what i can if you find a bug.

What is the difference between this and the nightly ?
All libraries and native code is compiled in ARM mode (except for libwebkit which is still in thumb mode due to it's excessive size) and compiler side optimization is turned on (again, exception being libwebkit using -Os and sqllite using -fno-fast-math).
Important function calls and syscalls are aligned for faster response time.
I re-implemented some of the cpu atomic functions based on what I've learned so far, swp is used for atomic swap instead of ldrex/strex, register swapping of old value is done at success so if a context switch does occur, the loop will be aligned at the same boundary as the function. On best case, there shouldn't be any difference but can improve execution time for worst case of context switches.
Java libraries and bionic libc are compiled with NDEBUG, and the debug variable for java is also set to false.
Most crap (stuff that "I" do not use, has been removed ie. VPN, live wallpaper support etc..)
Fixed a few memory leaks in bionic, dalvik and ppp (also tether).
I've removed most locales except en_US and en_GB, though android still seems to be compiling strings from other languages in the build, so they might work but i can't guarantee anything with locales other than en_(US|GB). Arabic patch
Reverted the patch which auto closed notification bar when all notifications are canceled/removed. It was irritating me..
more stuff i don't remember.

For now the kernel is tytungs-r1 ics kernel patched for gingerbread, though I will be patching/updating and working on the cmhtcleo kernel once i have the build known to be bug free after some time.

Last edited:

arizmin

Jun 7, 2007
Touch selection sound does not work for me.... others looks good so far...

aion92

Aug 20, 2010
Kharkiv
Is it possible to run SD build from CLK? Just dont wanna install MAGLDR again, it`s so terrible for compability with Linux

Just get new micro sd card from SanDisk, its class 10, 95 mb per second -- its the most speediest micro sd in the world :) (micro SDHC UHS-I Card: Extreme Pro 8 GB)

Update: I`ve installed this rom twice with custom size about 4096 but everytime ive got near 512 mb. WHY?

Last edited:

Rick_1995

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2009
Santa Clara
Is it possible to run SD build from CLK? Just dont wanna install MAGLDR again, it`s so terrible for compability with Linux

Just get new micro sd card from SanDisk, its class 10, 95 mb per second -- its the most speediest micro sd in the world :) (micro SDHC UHS-I Card: Extreme Pro 8 GB)

Update: I`ve installed this rom twice with custom size about 4096 but everytime ive got near 512 mb. WHY?

Because you're not setting proper command line, if you're booting from magldr, you just can't do this. If you're booting from clk, while creating boot image, set the cmdline exactly as in startup.txt and modify the partition size then flash that to a secondary boot partition, now just boot on secondary boot partition for the SD rom. I think suspend wasn't working properly with clk on sd roms, have to see why.

If it's from haret (unlikely) just edit size in startup.txt

@wis, thanks for the port, might use it sometime in the future when i try the new WP builds :)

Reactions: wis1152

Strychnin

Oct 3, 2010
Munich
Thanks Rick_1995 and Learning Never Ends team for this GREAT ROM!
I tried to change the LCD density in the system.ext4/build.prob. 192 is shown if i open the /system/build.prob in root explorer but this doesnt effect the rom... What can i do to set it to 192?

Last edited:

Szczepanik

Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Wis (although I think you should be concentrating on something outside xda!).
Any advice on how to get option for "Corporate" Accounts?
This could be my favourite
Cheers
Tom
Sent from my HTC HD2 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346892222714.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346892222714.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2,668
  • uploadfromtaptalk1346892278093.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346892278093.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 3,416

aion92

Aug 20, 2010
Kharkiv
Please make this ROM compatible with NativeSD mod. Cm7 is the most perfomance android series for me, for now...

strikelight

Feb 5, 2009
Please make this ROM compatible with NativeSD mod. Cm7 is the most perfomance android series for me, for now...

Hmm... I may be wrong here, but from my understanding...

The NativeSD method writes to partitions on an SDCard...

SuperRAM ROMS mount to RAM which is faster than both NAND and SDCard...
So I would assume by modifying this to use NativeSD would be more detrimental than good?

aion92

Aug 20, 2010
Kharkiv
yep, RAM is faster but, for my needs, more free RAM better than overall speed and this rom\Android build eats as little RAM as possible, so its just great rom which perfactly fits for my needs but NativeSD gives me internal storage (up to 32 gigs from 512 mb) and it can be launched from CLK loader.

strikelight

Feb 5, 2009
yep, RAM is faster but, for my needs, more free RAM better than overall speed and this rom\Android build eats as little RAM as possible, so its just great rom which perfactly fits for my needs but NativeSD gives me internal storage (up to 32 gigs from 512 mb) and it can be launched from CLK loader.

For your internal storage needs (NativeSD's "internal" storage is determined by your ext partition size, you still require fat partition with nativesd, so, unless you have a 64gb card working with your hd2, you likely wouldn't have 32gigs "internal") you can resize your data.img file to whatever size you like. You can use the tool "Toporesize" I believe it's called, or something like that. Also, you can investigate other scripts to install such as Apps2sd.

Other than that, the only thing to tell you is that as of right now, from my understanding, the NativeSD method requires certain kernel mods apparently, which means it's limited to ics/jb builds for now.

Last edited:
Reactions: aion92

aion92

Aug 20, 2010
Kharkiv
For your internal storage needs (NativeSD's "internal" storage is determined by your ext partition size, you still require fat partition with nativesd, so, unless you have a 64gb card working with your hd2, you likely wouldn't have 32gigs "internal") you can resize your data.img file to whatever size you like. You can use the tool "Toporesize" I believe it's called, or something like that. Also, you can investigate other scripts to install such as Apps2sd.

Other than that, the only thing to tell you is that as of right now, from my understanding, the NativeSD method requires certain kernel mods apparently, which means it's limited to ics/jb builds for now.

Ok, thanks, I`ll try expand my storage with "Toporesize" then.
Update: after some researching ive managed to have 4 gigs of storage even without toporesize - with MAGLDR startup.txt config of 4096 gb does nothig for me earlier, but with sboot + CLK it works great! My problem is solved, yay!
Update2: aaand... after 1 reboot the rom just doesnt boot at all ... ill try to install one more time then.

Last edited:

aion92

Aug 20, 2010
Kharkiv
So, every time when i make a reboot or shut down from working rom, the data.ext4 clean itself to 0 bytes. I use CLK + sboot \ sboot tools, 4096 mb automatic generated data file. Any ideas?

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
Thanks Rick_1995 and Learning Never Ends team for this GREAT ROM!
I tried to change the LCD density in the system.ext4/build.prob. 192 is shown if i open the /system/build.prob in root explorer but this doesnt effect the rom... What can i do to set it to 192?

As this a super ram version you need to change it in a special way but for the life of me i cant remember how:eek:lol

When Robbie reads this im sure he will post the instructions:D

ictimai

Apr 20, 2012
This is so great project but why not releasing NativeSD version? Such minimal ROM would act routinely writing on SD much less than Paranoid or AOKP so it seems ideal SD-born! This way we could have fast SD Android for regular use dual booted with WM like Artemis (which is still maintained) thus yielding the fastest and the most versatile smartphone of the world! :)

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
This is so great project but why not releasing NativeSD version? Such minimal ROM would act routinely writing on SD much less than Paranoid or AOKP so it seems ideal SD-born! This way we could have fast SD Android for regular use dual booted with WM like Artemis (which is still maintained) thus yielding the fastest and the most versatile smartphone of the world! :)

At the moment there is no surport for cm7 but i dont think it will be long:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This build is ported from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867986 using Portadroid xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1094372 Credits and thanks to Rick_1995, boonbing for Portadroid, cyanogenmod, cmhtcleo team (arif-ali, milaq, charansingh and all other cm developers) for device tree, tytung for kernel, Darkstone1337 for SuperRAM concept, and any others we forgot.

Instructions:

Well you know just extract everything and put the build folder (the one with all the files in, for example ics, jelly) in the root of your sd card. If WM6.5 tap on clrcad (nothing appears to happen) then haret, if magldr navigate to build folder using ad-sd dir and select build folder name then boot AD SD.
    Please remember to REBOOT X 3.
    Magldr users can get different sized blank data.ext4 from here xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24930501&postcount=1353 edit; may get boot loops, please test. Magldr default=512Mb if you leave empty. edit2 here is blank 256mb one http://www.mediafire.com/?ey40c1wti77ni2w

Downloads

Barebone CM7 V3 -Latest SuperRAM build from Rick_1995 see this post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=42007074&postcount=64
    note that this is not a port from nand rom, but an exclusive SuperRAM build from Rick_1995
    There is a problem for magldr users changing lcd density, a solution is posted here http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47161712&postcount=78 (thanks to Calisto1986 for the heads up). HaRET users are unaffected and can edit startup.txt as usual

Barebone CM7 V2b SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

Barebone CM7 SRAM

DEV-HOST LINK

This is from parent thread by Rick_1995
    Note: I compiled this rom for myself but figured sharing won't hurt, and hence I don't plan to provide much support though I'll see what i can if you find a bug.

What is the difference between this and the nightly ?
    All libraries and native code is compiled in ARM mode (except for libwebkit which is still in thumb mode due to it's excessive size) and compiler side optimization is turned on (again, exception being libwebkit using -Os and sqllite using -fno-fast-math).
    Important function calls and syscalls are aligned for faster response time.
    I re-implemented some of the cpu atomic functions based on what I've learned so far, swp is used for atomic swap instead of ldrex/strex, register swapping of old value is done at success so if a context switch does occur, the loop will be aligned at the same boundary as the function. On best case, there shouldn't be any difference but can improve execution time for worst case of context switches.
    Java libraries and bionic libc are compiled with NDEBUG, and the debug variable for java is also set to false.
    Most crap (stuff that "I" do not use, has been removed ie. VPN, live wallpaper support etc..)
    Fixed a few memory leaks in bionic, dalvik and ppp (also tether).
    I've removed most locales except en_US and en_GB, though android still seems to be compiling strings from other languages in the build, so they might work but i can't guarantee anything with locales other than en_(US|GB). Arabic patch
    Reverted the patch which auto closed notification bar when all notifications are canceled/removed. It was irritating me..
    more stuff i don't remember.

For now the kernel is tytungs-r1 ics kernel patched for gingerbread, though I will be patching/updating and working on the cmhtcleo kernel once i have the build known to be bug free after some time.
    I have uploaded a new version of Rick_1995's latest version which he posted here.
    The changes i made were
    1. I used portadroid 4.0 to port it. This creates ext4 image of system and allows magldr users to use different sized data.ext4 from here
    2. This has already been ported so all non-used files are already deleted, first boot will take less time (unless a new data.ext4 is being created), and will go straight to setup without rebooting.
    3. I put tytung's rmnet to ppp update in the build since portadroid only usses ppp
    4. Changed name of vending.apk to Vending.apk, so market now works
    5. Changed name of build folder to bbcm72 (also in startup.txt) to have a unique folder name, and to avoid confusing android with a folder name it uses for storage. Startup.txt also has default of 128mb data.ext4 and gps zone sg (HaRET users change to suit)

Download http://d-h.st/1La

Thanks Rick_1995
    Hey guys,

I have a small update that I've been using myself over the past few weeks. Most stuff I use works just fine but I'd like to inform you that I have not tested any cellular functionality at all as I no longer use HD2 as my daily phone (moar time for hacking!) Also, bare with me, as I'm a portadroid newb, I'm not really sure if superRAM is working or not.

Feedback will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Download (Dev-Host)

PS: Some things you might want to do to make it smoother,

Open settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Interface
    1) Overscroll effect: None

Open settings -> CyanogenMod settings -> Performance
    1) Turn-off dithering
    2) Enable 16 bit transparency
    3) Scrolling cache: Default disable
    4) Allow purging of assets
    Finally got a chance to try it.
    First boot took a few minutes as usual for porting.
    Second boot took less time.
    Data not working, had to put system folder from rmnet to ppp update into sdcard/android/root folder and reboot, and it is working now.
    wifi works out of the box.
    market keeps FCing, tried installing gb gapps (system into root folder and reboot) but still get FCs. tried fixing perms. Will see what i can do tomorrow.
    Running nice elsewise.
    :good:
    Will update OP tomorrow too, night all.
    Is there any plan to port v2b?

I'm using Barebone CM7 V2 SRAM and having problem about data connection. When I disable the data and enable it, there is no data connection. I have to restart for the data connection to come back. Does anybody have this problem and how to fix this? This build uses RMNET or PPP?
    v2b SRAM on post #1
    Sorry for delay in posting this.
    Data works, tested on magldr and haret.

EDIT:i have changed post 1 title thread date for you Robbie;)