[ROM][29.8.2014] SENSEI 1.4.0 (SENSE 4.0a LITE - ICS 4.0.3) [ODEX][FAST][AROMA]

Search This thread

coolos

Sep 20, 2007
attachment.php

Hi,

I introduce to you my new rom based on HTC ONE V (RUU 2.22 Europe) with some stuff from HTC Desire X (RUU 1.18). This rom have many tweeks that you will not find them in any SENSE LITE rom (e.g. 5, 7 or 9 desktops, live wallpapers from personalize settings). This rom is very fast, beauty and stable.

Orginal thread on Polish forum.

About SENSEI:

Code:
- Aroma installer,

- based on HTC ONE V (RUU 2.22 Europe) + some stuff from Desire X (RUU 1.18),

- rom is odexed,

- multilanguage,

- 100% working notifications (trackpad and led pulse) like on stock rom,

- choose one from 5 best kernels for DZ,

- cache on SWAP partition,

- You can chose 3D or 2D launcher and (5, 7 or 9 desktops),

- standard display rotation or fast (without animations - experimental),

- sense4 or sense5 icons,

- live wallpapers,

- stastusbar JB or ICS style,

- percent or standard battery,

- standard or centered clock,

- lidroid with 16 toggles,

- APM,

- recent apps - ICS style,

- dialer, contacts and messages locked in memory to fast access,

- background process limited to 7 (for random apps) + 4 (to important HTC processes),

- better memory managment and remove cache from memory every hour,

- tweeked build.prop (better data transfers) and others,

- 7 steps of volume when we speak on the phone,

- better scrolling,

- added Viper4androidFX for best sound quality on headphones ([COLOR="#FF0000"]Grant root privileges[/COLOR]), :E

- changed hosts file to block adds,

- changed gps configs,

- zipalign, sqlite, cleaning cache and dalvik scripts (working out once a week - after reboot),

- updated busybox,

- added new google play,

- chose your favorite apps e.g. Greenify, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and others.

- removed bloatware,

- more in changelog.

Important informations

- backup your data before you install rom (because installer do full wipe)

- On first boot - device will reboot

- If you wanna change kernel - you can do it after first reboot.

- Installation time is about 6-7 minutes

- Desire Z HBOOT is required

Version 1.4.0 to download (install only on CWM recovery, 4ext can cause recovery bootloop)
- version 1.3.1
- version 1.3.0
- version 1.2.4
- version 1.2.3
- version 1.2.2
- version 1.2.1
- version 1.2
- version 1.1.3
- version 1.1.2
- version 1.1.1
- version 1.1
- version 1.0

Changelog:
Code:
- 1.4.0 - improved multitasking and overall performance. Swap on whole cache partition (not swaping to file). Added ad blocking option in installer.

- 1.3.1 - very small update. Fixed installer issue (sometimes file explorer has not been installed), updated SuperUser apps.

- 1.3.0 - revert back to ext2 file system (faster then ext4), added e2fsck on boot (checking all paritions and fix them if has any errors then mount them), fstrim every day on 1:05 (24h format), updated SuperSU app.

- 1.2.4 - tunned ext4 file system (faster write and read from eMMC), added trimming option (no lag after some time of using), background process increased to 7 + htc apps, some small changes.

- 1.2.3 - changed installer to do automatic full wipe and fixed some problems caused by clockworkmod recovery (bootloop after install and other issues), updated SuperSu app, more agressive low memory killer.

- 1.2.2 - fixed SQLite issues

- 1.2.1 - some small fixes, not very important.

- 1.2 - added Coolos kernel (+31MB ram), added default style (Green or Blue), added batteries style (transparent, blue-percent, blue or green-percent), added superuser (by clockworkmod or chainfire), default CPU frequency is 1024MHz (before 1113MHz), some small changes.

- 1.1.3 - added options: force rotation when keyboard is open and volume wake 

- 1.1.2 - fast rotation bug fixed, some swappiness values has been changed (for 128MB, 160MB swap), some small fixes.

- 1.1.1 - fixed installer, added JB statusbar style, added Neo2SHYAlien kernel, some translations changes.

- 1.1 - Contacts and messages locked in memory, wideband ist turned off, opening keyboard - not force orientation change, added: rotation speed, keyboard (with or without arrows), icons (sense 4 or 5). 

- 1.0 - first release

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks to user f_enzo for testing, and help.

Thanks to:
- @torxx fo working camera from his trickdroid rom,
- @tonyskyfall for IgnoranceX theme and lidroid guide,
- @qriozum (aka Faka), @ajhavery, team Virtuous and @Neo2SHYAlien for great kernels.

If you wanna take some parts of my rom to your own project I will not complain about this. I please only for info about what you get from my rom on your thread - that's all. I spend many hours to create this rom - so please respect this.

I take NO responsibility for any damage.

If you like my work you can buy me energy drink :silly:

:D

Attachments

• sample.png
    sample.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 23,286
  • 2013-11-04_15-10-37.jpg
    2013-11-04_15-10-37.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 23,391
  • 2013-11-04_15-12-58.png
    2013-11-04_15-12-58.png
    56.9 KB · Views: 23,348
  • 2013-11-04_15-13-16.png
    2013-11-04_15-13-16.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 23,334
  • 2013-11-15_22-53-59.png
    2013-11-15_22-53-59.png
    146.6 KB · Views: 22,503
Last edited:

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
Uff.... Just came to bed. Will download tommorow and check this out.
Loved the way you interpreted complete details of your rom.
Really wanna flash it...
Thanks for your effort.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda app-developers app

Some slight lag at first (as expected to me right after a fresh flash of a rom) but after I use it more and more it's quite smooth. I have 2D instead of 3D with 5 homescreens, and practically nothing installed except Twitter. Pretty much at this rate the only Sense 4.x rom I can see myself using as a daily driver instead of just messing around with. All that's left is to see what my battery life is at in about 9-11 hours when I plug my phone in for bed. :p

FoFoo

Sep 25, 2007
olomouc
wifi not working

Hello.
Its really nice, but somehow my wifi wont work. It dont want to connect to my network. When i reboot, it will connect once, but without access to internet. when i disable it and enable again, its not connecting.
Known issue?

Thanks

EDIT: I found it. This ROM doesn't support 802.11n standard

Last edited:

coolos

Sep 20, 2007
@FoFoo
Try diferrent kernel.

There is small bug with installer - twitter app won't install. Tomorrow I will update installer ;)

coolos

Sep 20, 2007
Hi, for me it's weird to :p. This is first such case on this and Polish forum.

bradley_e_smith

Oct 19, 2009
Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
I have been using this ROM for a day now

Besides the camera program issue, I haven't found any other issues. I run my ROMS a little different.

First on ICS/JB ROMS I run the swap file in /cache instead of the sdcard and also I change the minfree (I run a script to do it) to 1536,3072,4096,21000,23000,25000, which for me seems to give good results.

Also the wifi calling app (VisionWifiCalling_v3.1_Android4.0.x.zip) works for me as well.

I am using the 3.0.63 advanced sense kernel r2, and was wondering what others are using and how well it is working for them.

-brad

coolos

Sep 20, 2007
@up

yes, camera is fully working.

First on ICS/JB ROMS I run the swap file in /cache instead of the sdcard and also I change the minfree (I run a script to do it) to 1536,3072,4096,21000,23000,25000, which for me seems to give good results.
Very aggressive OOM killer is bad idea for low memory devices.

Version 1.1.1 is up.

Last edited:
One small little thing I noticed is say if I turned on my phone, and the first app I opened was the Play store, every other app I open after that shows, well the best way to put it is kind of a screenshot like thingy of the first app you opened, if that makes sense, and hopefully if it does others know what I'm meaning. xD

coolos

Sep 20, 2007
@up

This is happening when you install rom with fast rotation selected (this is experimental mod).

bradley_e_smith

Oct 19, 2009
Florida
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
Version 1.1.2 is up.

There will be no more updates for a while. The Next step is MIUI v5.

I must share with you guys with my older roms - MIUI v3 and MIUI v4, but first I must translate installers :p.

Thanks, this (at least to me) does seem like the best 4.0.3 Sense ROM, using it as a DD (or is it dd).

I do have 1 question: Advantages between the different kernels (as the other Sense ROMS seem to all use the .50 kernel - unless you manually flash a new one)?

coolos

Sep 20, 2007
@up

This is tuff question, everyone should test this kernels and choice favorite one. I prefer Faka 3.0.72 kernel or Advanced sense kernel r2. They have really good performance and runs very smooth (I like SIO scheduler and smartassv2 governor).

Others roms using .50 kernels, maybe because kernels .60+ have system write mounting bug. In this rom I applied workaround for this bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    attachment.php

Hi,

I introduce to you my new rom based on HTC ONE V (RUU 2.22 Europe) with some stuff from HTC Desire X (RUU 1.18). This rom have many tweeks that you will not find them in any SENSE LITE rom (e.g. 5, 7 or 9 desktops, live wallpapers from personalize settings). This rom is very fast, beauty and stable.

Orginal thread on Polish forum.

About SENSEI:

Code:
    - Aroma installer,

- based on HTC ONE V (RUU 2.22 Europe) + some stuff from Desire X (RUU 1.18),

- rom is odexed,

- multilanguage,

- 100% working notifications (trackpad and led pulse) like on stock rom,

- choose one from 5 best kernels for DZ,

- cache on SWAP partition,

- You can chose 3D or 2D launcher and (5, 7 or 9 desktops),

- standard display rotation or fast (without animations - experimental),

- sense4 or sense5 icons,

- live wallpapers,

- stastusbar JB or ICS style,

- percent or standard battery,

- standard or centered clock,

- lidroid with 16 toggles,

- APM,

- recent apps - ICS style,

- dialer, contacts and messages locked in memory to fast access,

- background process limited to 7 (for random apps) + 4 (to important HTC processes),

- better memory managment and remove cache from memory every hour,

- tweeked build.prop (better data transfers) and others,

- 7 steps of volume when we speak on the phone,

- better scrolling,

- added Viper4androidFX for best sound quality on headphones ([COLOR="#FF0000"]Grant root privileges[/COLOR]), :E

- changed hosts file to block adds,

- changed gps configs,

- zipalign, sqlite, cleaning cache and dalvik scripts (working out once a week - after reboot),

- updated busybox,

- added new google play,

- chose your favorite apps e.g. Greenify, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and others.

- removed bloatware,

- more in changelog.

Important informations

- backup your data before you install rom (because installer do full wipe)

- On first boot - device will reboot

- If you wanna change kernel - you can do it after first reboot.

- Installation time is about 6-7 minutes

- Desire Z HBOOT is required

Version 1.4.0 to download (install only on CWM recovery, 4ext can cause recovery bootloop)
    - version 1.3.1
    - version 1.3.0
    - version 1.2.4
    - version 1.2.3
    - version 1.2.2
    - version 1.2.1
    - version 1.2
    - version 1.1.3
    - version 1.1.2
    - version 1.1.1
    - version 1.1
    - version 1.0

Changelog:
    Code:
    - 1.4.0 - improved multitasking and overall performance. Swap on whole cache partition (not swaping to file). Added ad blocking option in installer.

- 1.3.1 - very small update. Fixed installer issue (sometimes file explorer has not been installed), updated SuperUser apps.

- 1.3.0 - revert back to ext2 file system (faster then ext4), added e2fsck on boot (checking all paritions and fix them if has any errors then mount them), fstrim every day on 1:05 (24h format), updated SuperSU app.

- 1.2.4 - tunned ext4 file system (faster write and read from eMMC), added trimming option (no lag after some time of using), background process increased to 7 + htc apps, some small changes.

- 1.2.3 - changed installer to do automatic full wipe and fixed some problems caused by clockworkmod recovery (bootloop after install and other issues), updated SuperSu app, more agressive low memory killer.

- 1.2.2 - fixed SQLite issues

- 1.2.1 - some small fixes, not very important.

- 1.2 - added Coolos kernel (+31MB ram), added default style (Green or Blue), added batteries style (transparent, blue-percent, blue or green-percent), added superuser (by clockworkmod or chainfire), default CPU frequency is 1024MHz (before 1113MHz), some small changes.

- 1.1.3 - added options: force rotation when keyboard is open and volume wake 

- 1.1.2 - fast rotation bug fixed, some swappiness values has been changed (for 128MB, 160MB swap), some small fixes.

- 1.1.1 - fixed installer, added JB statusbar style, added Neo2SHYAlien kernel, some translations changes.

- 1.1 - Contacts and messages locked in memory, wideband ist turned off, opening keyboard - not force orientation change, added: rotation speed, keyboard (with or without arrows), icons (sense 4 or 5). 

- 1.0 - first release

Screenshots:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks to user f_enzo for testing, and help.

Thanks to:
    - @torxx fo working camera from his trickdroid rom,
    - @tonyskyfall for IgnoranceX theme and lidroid guide,
    - @qriozum (aka Faka), @ajhavery, team Virtuous and @Neo2SHYAlien for great kernels.

If you wanna take some parts of my rom to your own project I will not complain about this. I please only for info about what you get from my rom on your thread - that's all. I spend many hours to create this rom - so please respect this.

I take NO responsibility for any damage.

If you like my work you can buy me energy drink :silly:

:D
    Version 1.1.2 is up.

There will be no more updates for a while. The Next step is MIUI v5.

I must share with you guys with my older roms - MIUI v3 and MIUI v4, but first I must translate installers :p.
    Very small update on first post. If You use version 1.3.0, You can skip this update.
    turbo boost (and all mods that creating swap on system|data|cache partition) create swap file on cache. In this rom swap is on whole cache partition, and /cache dir is symlinked to /data/local/tmp/cache.
    @up

This is tuff question, everyone should test this kernels and choice favorite one. I prefer Faka 3.0.72 kernel or Advanced sense kernel r2. They have really good performance and runs very smooth (I like SIO scheduler and smartassv2 governor).

Others roms using .50 kernels, maybe because kernels .60+ have system write mounting bug. In this rom I applied workaround for this bug.