[APP] AROMA Installer

Search This thread

fazi2015

Nov 25, 2015
Abbottabad
Redmi Note 11
Provide the metainf and describe the exact problem.
Thank you so much Sir I want to add some apps and audio mod like viper4android fx some boot animation launcher like nova and apex or stock launcher to be select in custom installation whether someone install it or not I want to have a optional window for list of apps to be selected to install if someone want to I will provide you the metainf...

steadfasterX

Recognized Developer
Nov 13, 2013
OnePlus 7T Pro
Thank you so much Sir I want to add some apps and audio mod like viper4android fx some boot animation launcher like nova and apex or stock launcher to be select in custom installation whether someone install it or not I want to have a optional window for list of apps to be selected to install if someone want to I will provide you the metainf...

OK and what is the problem?

Do you have done some research and have tried to implement the above?

Or do you search for someone who is doing all that for you?

Sent from my LG-H815 using XDA Labs

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
Just wanted to note:
Altough AROMA Installer 3.00b1 source hasn't been released by Amarullz (but bin was released 3 weeks after the last amarullz activity on aroma installer repo), I think it's possible to get the changes as AROMAFM was also updated and includes most of them, so updating installer 2.70 to 3.0 would just be a matter of cherry-picking commits and adapting them (if needed).

enotar

Jun 23, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Tab S4
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Just wanted to note:
Altough AROMA Installer 3.00b1 source hasn't been released by Amarullz (but bin was released 3 weeks after the last amarullz activity on aroma installer repo), I think it's possible to get the changes as AROMAFM was also updated and includes most of them, so updating installer 2.70 to 3.0 would just be a matter of cherry-picking commits and adapting them (if needed).

Maybe someone has an idea, I am developing a rom for a tablet Galaxy tab s4 SM-T830 and aroma installer works but the touch screen is in portrait instead of landscape like the aroma screen. Any possible way to revert the touchscreen or have aroma installer forced in portrait?

Thank you very much if you can help me or lead me to the solution.

MLX

Mar 12, 2016
Buenos Aires
Didn't see anything regarding that on documentation

Maybe someone has an idea, I am developing a rom for a tablet Galaxy tab s4 SM-T830 and aroma installer works but the touch screen is in portrait instead of landscape like the aroma screen. Any possible way to revert the touchscreen or have aroma installer forced in portrait?

Thank you very much if you can help me or lead me to the solution.

Hello! I don't remember seeing anything related to that (maybe because AROMA is from the time where Android tablets weren't so popular?). You mean the entire AROMA Installer is in portrait mode? I'd found something that might be interesting, look here for a guy who had AROMA flipped (Android had to set ro.sf.hwrotation=180 in build.prop).
Sorry, I can't help too much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

The World's First ANDROID Touch And Customizable ROM Installer

Don't Forget To Donate To Me:

------=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=------

When you install Linux, Windows, Mac or applications on the PC
    You can always customize your installation as you want.
    WHY CAN'T WE DO THE SAME INSTALLING AN ANDROID ROM?

BECAUSE NOW
    AROMA Installer
    GIVES YOU THIS POSSIBILITY!

W.A.R.N.I.N.G.!!!
    THIS DEVDB DISCUSSION ONLY FOR DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION.
    USE Q&A TO ASK ABOUT SCRIPT, HOW TO, AND INSTALLATION

• FOR ROM CHEFS/DEVELOPERS ONLY
      ROM Chef/Developers? What is that? ... Here the video.
      DON'T ASK ABOUT HOW TO INSTALL IT, BECAUSE IT MEANS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS FOR
      IT ISN'T AN APPLICATION YOU CAN USE OR INSTALL ON TO YOUR PHONE LIKE ANGRY BIRDS OR FACEBOOK

• MOST IMPORTANT THING BEFORE CUSTOMIZING IT
      Make sure You took an update-binary from a working ROM, renamed it to update-binary-installer and overwrote the one in my AROMA Installer zip

• BACKGROUND
      Android has an advanced system for installing the OS and updates, unlike other mobile OS's that distribute the contents of the OS in static ROM image(s), Android distributes the OS and updates in a plain .zip file that contains all of the packages, files, and the updater for processing the installation.

The updater splits in 2 types, the binary (update-binary) and script (updater-script), while the binary is an executable file, and the script was a configuration script that tells the binary executable what to do.

But this advanced technology never expanded into its highest potential ability. The update-binary was simply the linux executable wrote in C that runs in root mode, and can do anything to your system; including accessing the Display FrameBuffer, accessing keys and the touch screen, set vibrate, run programs, parse files, load png(s) and .zip's, and read and write to the filesystem.

The old update-binary only supported a few functions that can controlled only by the updater-script to instal the files. It didn't have a single function that allowed the installer to interact with the user. There is a program called "yesno" that shows a "Yes" or "No" interface, but it wasn't enough to create a more customizable updater.

Now with AROMA Installer update-binary, all of this limitation is gone, and this advanced technology is expanded to the highest level of its pontential.

• What is AROMA Installer?
      "AROMA" was taken from Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian Language) and it means "Scent", but it is also an abbreviation of "AMARULLZ ANDROID ROM MANIFESTATION". It is an advanced update-binary for Android that contains many features like Wizard Installation, Touch User Interface (AROMA UI), Customizable Packages, System Inspecting, Themeable, and User Interactive. All release versions will have "flower" codenames, for example, the 1st version is codenamed "Anggrek", which mean "Orchid".

• How AROMA Installer Works?
      How can it work in recovery mode, and how can it so smooth when it scrolls? It works because I hired Chuck Norris to force the recovery to run the installer, and the phone is too afraid to show any lag :cool:.

No, seriously, when the user selects the .zip file to install it, the recovery will extract the update-binary and run it with a few arguments. All processes are handled by the update-binary, and the recovery will only show the information passed by update-binary via a custom pipe. The great thing is that the update-binary can do anything if we can code it in C/C++, but not all people can easily play with C/C++. Its also not very effective or fun to compile it every time we need to change the process. That's why the custom script is used in AROMA Installer, it is simply edify scripting that is used as the normal updater-script, but with expanded functions available.

It wasn't a simple thing to archive something like this, because the update-binary is simply the "linux executable" that doesn't even support dynamic links of libraries, basic drawing functions like drawrect, drawline, and I don't think it OpenGL can be included in it's binary. It runs on it's own. Even User Interface was wrote from scratch to manipulate directly into the display framebuffer, user input was read directly from the raw kernel input device, png and .zip was read with a static link library, and the configuration was parsed in it's own program. It is the result of one full month of developing, but you can learn it instantly, without any need to know how to manage memory usage and pointers.

The AROMA Installer will read, parse, and run the script commands to show it's UI, calculate partition sizes, create, read, and write temporary prop files, set & get variables, do simple integer comparisons and math sequences, do the if else or inline if conditions, configure the UI color scheme, configure rom information, and much more.

• Benefits For Users
      AROMA Installer gives users the possibility to choose which mods and applications they want to Install on to their device. Sometimes we want the clean install, without bloatware; and sometimes we want the full set of applications on our device. With AROMA Installer, you are your phone's master!

• Benefits For Chefs/Developers
      AROMA Installer gives chefs many benefits:

You don't ever again have to hear someone ask to remove or include something they like into your ROM, just for you to yell "Hey, that is only your opinion! Only you and some other people like it; most people don't! Go remove the apps on your own with WINRAR, you ^$#&*&#$", remember they are still a customer :cool:, and with AROMA Installer, this problem can be solved.

If you are good at customizing the AROMA Installer it was possible to make your ROM compatible with many devices using just one ROM File. You save your time, bandwith and hosting maintanance.

With the great user interface in your ROM installation, users will be very happy with it.

With AROMA Installer, You Are The Greatest ROM Developer

XDA:DevDB Information
    AROMA Installer, App for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    amarullz
    Source Code: https://github.com/amarullz/AROMA-Installer

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 3.00
    Stable Release Date: 2015-02-28
    Current Beta Version: 3.00b1
    Beta Release Date: 2015-02-28

Created 2013-08-17
    Last Updated 2015-02-27
    Reserved

Reserved for Wiki and Manual Table of Contents
    Reserved

Reserved for Release and Development Information
    Sorry everybody for waiting the new release :crying: !!
    I had so many works in past years, and cannot managed to touch any aroma's code, but luckly I have a couple of project that use many aroma code, and already modify it into the library. I just publish (still usable source) it in github with name "libaroma" and will be next big step core for AROMA Filemanager and AROMA Installer -> https://github.com/amarullz/libaroma - but I need to modify and restructure all filemanager/installer code to use the new library, but It will support even many devices and fixes many bugs and performance.