[6.JUL.11][CWR]Frankinstine DROID Lite v1.3|Battery/Memory Saver[GL_CORE v11]

Search This thread

akapaul26

Nov 26, 2010
South Lyon, MI USA
Personally I like the tytung Kernels with the sense ROM's but thats me I get killer battery and stability and network coverage with tytung, not a big fan of the gl Kernels usually always give me data problems...but thats is just my two cents. Now that I have settled into the v1.8 I have to get downloading this one.

Last edited:

frankinstine

Feb 27, 2010
gplus.to
Personally I like the tytung Kernels with the sense ROM's but thats me I get killer battery and stability and network coverage with tytung, not a big fan of the gl Kernels usually always give me data problems...but thats is just my two cents. Now that I have settled into the v1.8 I have to get downloading this one.

I'm currently using this Rom with GL's v11 and its running good, I might be using this one when I update,if all goes good. But as you know, its no biggie,cause you can use any kernel you are comfortable with. Thanks to CWR

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA Premium App

GHOST99K

Apr 1, 2010
Queens
Hey frankinstine can i flash the gtalk.zip file u provided me for your droid 1.8 in this rom?thanx

EDIT:Battery life is a kick ass in this one compare to your droid 1.8

Last edited:

Eddy63

Jan 18, 2007
Los Angeles
Notification Power Widget

Hi Franki.
I really love your 1.8 Full Rom and I wanna try Lite. But I got addicted to Notification Power Widget in your themes. Would you please make a CWR of Notification Power Widget so it can be used with any theme.
Thanks

akapaul26

Nov 26, 2010
South Lyon, MI USA
I'm currently using this Rom with GL's v11 and its running good, I might be using this one when I update,if all goes good. But as you know, its no biggie,cause you can use any kernel you are comfortable with. Thanks to CWR

You are the Chief, and yes CWM is the best! :D

Anyway just downloaded the lite version, I don't use the widgets anyway so won't miss them. Gonna test some different kernels with this build, just for my own personal preference Rafpigna, Tytung and GL.

Oh I did want to ask frankinstine....any plans to remove the ads from the applications? I can live with them but they are annoying and I don't remember them being in your 1.8 full version? Keyboard works for me, still get robo voice on first use after rebooting phone, everything else working as it should!

Great work thanks for sharing it with everyone...have a drink or two or three!
Donation Confirmation: 4KH83977T4385903H

Last edited:
Reactions: frankinstine

frankinstine

Feb 27, 2010
gplus.to
Hi Franki.
I really love your 1.8 Full Rom and I wanna try Lite. But I got addicted to Notification Power Widget in your themes. Would you please make a CWR of Notification Power Widget so it can be used with any theme.
Thanks

I did add 3 themes on the 2nd post, check them out. I know the pcb theme has the power controls included and the blue and black theme does too

frankinstine

Feb 27, 2010
gplus.to
You are the Chief, and yes CWM is the best! :D

Anyway just downloaded the lite version, I don't use the widgets anyway so won't miss them. Gonna test some different kernels with this build, just for my own personal preference Rafpigna, Tytung and GL.

Oh I did want to ask frankinstine....any plans to remove the ads from the applications? I can live with them but they are annoying and I don't remember them being in your 1.8 full version? Keyboard works for me, still get robo voice on first use after rebooting phone, everything else working as it should!

Great work thanks for sharing it with everyone...have a drink or two or three!
Donation Confirmation: 4KH83977T4385903H

Thanks, and where are you getting ads?

Reactions: GHOST99K

akapaul26

Nov 26, 2010
South Lyon, MI USA
On some of the market apps. In particular Zedge, e sports browser, espn sports center, music box pro, fee mp3, gps status, pretty much every app I have donloaded has advertisements.

EDIT: I downloaded Adfree Android from the market (forgot about the app) add free now!

Last edited:

frankinstine

Feb 27, 2010
gplus.to
On some of the market apps. In particular Zedge, e sports browser, espn sports center, music box pro, fee mp3, gps status, pretty much every app I have donloaded has advertisements.

EDIT: I downloaded Adfree Android from the market (forgot about the app) add free now!

Yeah, I think ill add that app in my next release

Sent from my HD2 using XDA App

weexy

Dec 21, 2008
This is a good ROM, clean and fast. I really miss the movable cursor when editing text that I have seen in other sense and gingerbread builds.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Frankinstine DROID Lite v1.3​
    defaultwallpaper.jpg
    I am proud to introduce Frankinstine DROID Lite. This is a fully functional Desire Rom v2.29.405.5 as base. I have decided to make this rom mostly to save Memory and Battery without having to use your sdcard so much. Sdcards can be used for APPS2SD. Also it's obvious that the more you use the phone ,the more battery it will waste :D. But if your phone is asleep you will see how much battery you are saving, On a Desire Build! Desire Builds are memory and battery hungry as we all should know by now. ALL HTC WIDGETS MINUS THE CLOCK AND SETTINGS ARE REMOVED. Please DO NOT ask me to add any of those widgets. I have a FULL Desire rom HERE If you want a full build. That being said I have used this rom for my everyday use and have not had FC's,Lag,or Loops. I really dont need to save memory because I own a TMOUS HD2 but the battery is Great. SetCPU Settings are: 245 Min. and 998 Max. On Smartass Govenor, A Screen Off profile of:245 Min. and 422 Max. On Powersave Govenor

This will not be updated as much as my FULL rom. Only major changes will be updated.

lockea.png
    mainom.png
    notificationr.png

Features

*All HTC Widgets Removed Minus Clock & Settings
    *Different lock screen sounds
    *MMS Picture Quality Fix by:ME
    *MultiLanguage
    *Modded Rosie (adds Movable Home Screens)
    *Low Incall Volume Fix
    *Fully Deodexed
    *Silver HTC Boot Animation
    *WiFi Mac Adderess Fix
    *Evo Keyboard
    *DSP Audio Manager (EQ)
    *No Network Drops
    *Adhoc Support
    *Low Ringtone Fix
    *WiFi Scanning Set to 90 sec.
    *Video Streaming Fix
    *Reboot Option In Power Menu
    *Some Gingerbread Tones
    *3G Prefix On Lock Screen
    *Themed Market
    *And More...

Change Log
    v1.3
    *Root Fix Please Test
    v3
    *init.rc changes
    v2
    *Removed REF's v1.8 Kernel
    *Added GL_CORE v11 Kernel
    *Removed some extra Bin files
    v1
    *Release

Installation
    ***I'm using a 200mb Partition For this rom***
    1.Download the rom zip and put in the root of you sdcard
    2.Boot into Clockwork Recovery do a Nandroid Backup then wipe data/factory reset
    3.Scroll down and select install zip from sdcard then choose zip from sdcard
    4.Reboot after install is complete

Downloads
    Frankinstine DROID Lite v1
    Frankinstine DROID Lite v2
    Frankinstine DROID Lite v1.3 Test for speed and root...

Mods
    DarkTremor's APPS2SD MOD On first boot, the phone will reboot itself about 2-3 times, this is to fix any errors, It's not a boot loop.
    Hi frankinstine

Thanks very much & I like clean & lite sense rom

May I know possible with Chinese Handwriting?

Yes, it should, I'm sure the keyboard does

nice work, frankinstine!
    i just need a rom without any widget and any unnecessary apps
    thats the build i want.
    and would you change the kernel in nest build?
    base on my daily use, GL_Core seems to be much smoother than Rafapiga 1.8 OC'.
    whatever, thank you very!:p

I'll check out GL_Core

How did you insert them?

ok, I already solved this. I unwrapped your lite rom, I have put all completely apk files from your full rom and I packed everything back into a ZIP file, and flash works. Super, and so thank you for your willingness. Thanks for the great fast ROM.