Post Reply Email Thread
4th November 2010, 09:53 AM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Tokyo
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyzion

I managed to update to 2.1 fine, my APN is working etc. However, I can not for the life of me get my Japanese input to work :/ Input keeps on defaulting to the "default keyboard".

Is there any workaround for this?

Just make sure your select Japanese input within your apps. Seems to stick for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to wildthing_san For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wildthing_san Ad-Free
4th November 2010, 09:57 AM |#12  
OP Member
Flag Tokyo

More
Thumbs up Docomo market working.
See the fix in http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...11&postcount=2

The docomo_market.apk is from the original 1.5/1.6 firmware.
Or just launch your browser to : http://www.dcm-gate.com/Xperia/AND/

There hasn't been a need to update the fingerprint setting for "protected" apps. I suspect because there are quiet a few offical Japanese Android phone on Softbank/AU etc.. that they have stopped checking.
The Following User Says Thank You to wildthing_san For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wildthing_san Ad-Free
5th November 2010, 05:01 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hmm. With Softbank's entire (AMAZING) lineup on 2.2, I'm holding out hope that Docomo's working on it for the Xperia. Otherwise, they should probably stop selling it...

Anyway, Monday should bring an annoucement.

If I were to bother updating now, does the SP-mode app work well? The latest update killed notifcations, so I have no clue when I get an email anymore, unless I check the widget.
5th November 2010, 07:58 AM |#14  
OP Member
Flag Tokyo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iead1

If I were to bother updating now, does the SP-mode app work well? The latest update killed notifcations, so I have no clue when I get an email anymore, unless I check the widget.

I haven't tried SP-mode, since I'm using i-mode.net with iMoNi. So if someone knows please respond. But I read else where other people have updated and install SP-mode app without any problem.

I don't get why they have two products. I stuck with i-mode.net since I can read my i-mode email on any browser etc.
5th November 2010, 08:45 AM |#15  

More
Because SP-mode is instant push email with full native support, whereas i-mode.net is just a way to view i-mode mail on devices other than a phone.

You can have both services, and they compliment each other.
6th November 2010, 04:47 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Kanjis with partial Chinese characters
are starting to bug me after testing the nordic firmware. I'm assuming Docomo's firmware should not have this problem, but does anyone know / have any advice on getting around this problem?
I'm now trying to flash global...
6th November 2010, 05:57 PM |#17  

More
Just wait until Wednesday, Docomo's releasing the update then, with PO Box 3.0.
The Following User Says Thank You to iead1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iead1 Ad-Free
7th November 2010, 02:00 AM |#18  
Yamaguchi

More
I can't wait for the update this Wednesday, but I have a quick question; ok, maybe three.

It could be lack of understanding, but atm, I don't really understand that need for debranding a headset. I had an iPhone before I purchased the Xperia, and never even considered debranding. So with that said...

What benefit is there to debranding your phone?

Is the thinking similar to installing a vanilla copy of windows on a new PC so you can avoid, potentially resource heavy apps that the distributor wanted to include?

By debranding, do you risk not being able to use that specific carrier's network to the fullest?

Thanks. Just curious.
7th November 2010, 05:53 AM |#19  

More
Thanks for your feedback, iead1. Was wondering how I'm going to survive without being able to type my own name. Anxious for Wed.
7th November 2010, 10:36 AM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iead1

Hmm. With Softbank's entire (AMAZING) lineup on 2.2, I'm holding out hope that Docomo's working on it for the Xperia. Otherwise, they should probably stop selling it...

Anyway, Monday should bring an annoucement.

Please i need an answer.
i have X10 from japan (SO-01B) unlocked and I'm in the Philippines how can i update my phone? am I going to have the update on Oct 10 since my x10 is from Japan or I'll wait for the Philippines update.
about my x10 i checked the "About Phone" Model no. SO-01B, Build no. R1EA029.
Thanks!
7th November 2010, 04:10 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aljim

Please i need an answer.
i have X10 from japan (SO-01B) unlocked and I'm in the Philippines how can i update my phone? am I going to have the update on Oct 10 since my x10 is from Japan or I'll wait for the Philippines update.
about my x10 i checked the "About Phone" Model no. SO-01B, Build no. R1EA029.
Thanks!

If your phone is branded as NTT Docomo SO-01B, you'll probably be able to download the update via SEUS on Wednesday.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)