[APP][WVGA][QVGA] Smooth YouTube Downloader V3.0 for Windows Mobile

Search This thread

mihals1

Feb 3, 2008
probably last thing comes to my mind. would it be possible to give a choice of save directory? I mean it would be great to save vids straight to storage card. there are few vids bigger than my device memory and I can't DL them.
Thanks again!

zorc

Jan 4, 2010
Melbourne
probably last thing comes to my mind. would it be possible to give a choice of save directory? I mean it would be great to save vids straight to storage card. there are few vids bigger than my device memory and I can't DL them.
Thanks again!
You can easily change directory from Settings page, that's been supported since the first version, you can also use an integrated folder browser to select the directory you want, from either main memory or storage card, tell me if you can't find it ;)

Reactions: mihals1

zorc

Jan 4, 2010
Melbourne
this is exactly the type of app I've been looking for for some time now! I've been using Getytv, but since YT has changed their proxy, it stopped working and the developer is no longer working on any updates.
MANY MANY THANKS!!!

One thing I would suggest (if possible), to add a possibility to update to new version straight in the application.

And also, having the toolbar with battery status and signal strenght visible, would be useful. I spend a lot of time browsing and downloading vids, so I need to go back to homepage everytime I want to check battery.
other than that, it works smooth on my HD2, design is pretty cool and fresh!
Thanks again, keep up the great work!

BTW: in the "about" screen you have v1.2, but it's downloaded as a v1.3 ;o)
First, I'm glad you like it.

Sorry, can't do updates from the device immediately, because that requires a server to monitor the versions, and I don't have one :(

Version 1.4 allows you to change between Full Screen and Normal Modes, thanks for the suggestion ;)

haha, I noticed the "About" screen wasn't updated, fixed that in version 1.4

Thanks for the great app :)

Good Luck to you and your Family

Thank You.

thanks dude,

gona test it now, if i like it ill add into next version of my rom :)

keep up the good work!

EDIT:

i like it :)
Glad you liked it, hope to see it in your rom :)

Well.... that was fast!
Nice work, Version 1.3 runs great on Omnia!

I also tried it on a Samsung i8000 i got a .net error while i exited the app and re-open and tried to resume a download but i guess it has something to do with the .net framework version the phone's rom had installed maybe, (winmo6.5.3 23103).
Anyway, great stuff mate! :cool:
First, thanks again for your suggestion (using an online web service) worked like a charm, and surprisingly, it took me less than 30 minutes to write the code for it :)
Not sure about i8000, it's been tested on many devices, and all worked fine, maybe it has an older version of .NET framework.

All of youtube players I tried on my device lags terribly. While coreplayer plays them smooth (300% in benchmark).
RTSP youtube streams gives bad quality.

So, such option would be VERY usable to me and many others.

1.3 Looks OK on QVGA, things like "speed", "error", etc still barely visible (too small), but that isn't very important.

Yep. But there is a way: if user chosen format not available, program asks which format to download.
The QVGA support has been improved in version 1.4
Downloading URLS is supported as well now, you have a good point.
About default download format, I'm sorry but, that might be confusing to users, if the format wasn't found, I always like to keep a consistent behaviour in the app.
I hope you like the new changes, and thanks for your suggestions :)

mihals1

Feb 3, 2008
You can easily change directory from Settings page, that's been supported since the first version, you can also use an integrated folder browser to select the directory you want, from either main memory or storage card, tell me if you can't find it ;)

Thank you for the explanation zorc! I actually thought it's the path you paste URL of the vid you're about to DL and didn't check it any further... :eek:

My second thank is for another update to 1.4 (DAMN YOU'RE FAST!!!) and having the ability of the non full screen display - well done!!! :)

about the possibility of the update straight in the application - well, I didn't know what it takes and it's actually just for lazy ppl like me to find new update (i.e. here) :eek: :D - it's okay it's not possible :)

Thanx again for your effort zorc, you're the hero! :cool:

Reactions: zorc

mihals1

Feb 3, 2008
And one more thing to ask - sorry for being fussy :eek:

in most cases I get the offer to DL quality 360p mp4, or 720p mp4. As 360p is for HD2 too small, could it be possible to add 640p mp4 aswell? 720p mp4 is not possible to play on HD2 - CorePlayer says it's not supported (see attached screens) and WMP plays only sound with no video :(
Thank you for your thoughts! :)

Attachments

• Screen004.jpg
    Screen004.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen005.jpg
    Screen005.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

creativcoder

May 2, 2011
Kolkata
www.about.me
Today, I present to you this application I've written, as a thank you to this forum that has always given me too much, basically it allows you to search and download videos from YouTube in different formats and qualities, including MP3.

The App was tested on Topaz (Touch Diamond 2) WVGA Windows Mobile 6.5
But it should work fine on other devices.

Features
Code:
1) Shows thumbnails in the search results.
2) Ability to download multiple videos at the same time.
3) Ability to continue downloads after you exit and run the application again.
4) A very nice UI and cool transitions between different screens of the app.
5) Download format MP4 which runs smoothly on windows mobile (I use HTC Full Screen Video Player)

New Features V1.1 (Thanks to "dazzle7819" for his suggestions)
Code:
6) Ability to expand search results.
7) Ability to choose video format (quality)

New Features V1.2 (Thanks to "vizolover" for his suggestions)
Code:
8) Ability to download any video in [B][U]MP3[/U][/B] format.

New Features V1.4
Code:
9) Improved QVGA screens support.
10) Ability to switch between full screen and normal mode.
11) Ability to copy download URL from "Formats" screen.

Screenshots

Search page with video thumbnails and the ability to expand results:

attachment.php

Multiple Downloads running simultaneously:

attachment.php

Ability to select video quality/format and copy download url:

attachment.php

Settings:
attachment.php

Find the cab file in Attachments, ENJOY :)

THANKS to all of you for the great feedback :)

hey..once again ....thank you for uprading the app...and considering my suggestions......i tell you dat this app can really beat all other video downloaders for winmo....plus the user interface is really good...plus the programming of this app is well organised and good to use......the resume support is a winning point from all other custom downloaders.....
you should spread this app on all other famous sites....and you will se its popularity grow in short time

creativcoder

May 2, 2011
Kolkata
www.about.me
hey...one thing more zorc in hte future versions....you should add the festure of downloading videos from other video channels ...which will make the app a complete package....for video downloading for windows mobile

zorc

Jan 4, 2010
Melbourne
And one more thing to ask - sorry for being fussy :eek:

in most cases I get the offer to DL quality 360p mp4, or 720p mp4. As 360p is for HD2 too small, could it be possible to add 640p mp4 aswell? 720p mp4 is not possible to play on HD2 - CorePlayer says it's not supported (see attached screens) and WMP plays only sound with no video :(
Thank you for your thoughts! :)

The list of supported formats for each video is provided by youtube, sorry, I have no control over it.

Great application wissam,thanks keep up the good work and take care.!!

Thanks, people like you are the reason I made this app :)

hey...one thing more zorc in hte future versions....you should add the festure of downloading videos from other video channels ...which will make the app a complete package....for video downloading for windows mobile

Not sure if I will do that, and if I did, it's probably after a long time :)
If I considered adding one more channel, which one you think I should add ?

Aug 17, 2009
I hope you like the new changes, and thanks for your suggestions
Well, amazing job!

Few things:
1)"Normal mode" setting do not saves state between program launches.
2)I found sudden bug in coreplayer - it does not work with long URLs. But it works with url-shorteners, like ur.ly (got this from mVu changelog).
AFAIK there is no alternative to coreplayer in terms of video streaming, so maybe you'll change behavior of "copy URL", to provide shortened URLs?

ur.ly have simple API and it runs on google app engine, so it shouldn't die unexpectedly.

zorc

Jan 4, 2010
Melbourne
Well, amazing job!

Few things:
1)"Normal mode" setting do not saves state between program launches.

It wasn't supposed to, but I added that anyway to version 1.5

2)I found sudden bug in coreplayer - it does not work with long URLs. But it works with url-shorteners, like ur.ly (got this from mVu changelog).
AFAIK there is no alternative to coreplayer in terms of video streaming, so maybe you'll change behavior of "copy URL", to provide shortened URLs?

ur.ly have simple API and it runs on google app engine, so it shouldn't die unexpectedly.
I couldn't add it to the main app, but I wrote a small app, to do the shortening, find it in the attachment of the main post.

Reactions: maximilliangreat

vyis

Sep 7, 2010
You are awesome! I just encounter wifi disconnect on sleep, coming to report and realized that you have update the app. Thanks for such amazing development speed.

P/s: just a thought regard adding others site, can you make a tutorial thread regard how to fetch such information from site(search, video address and etc...), and adding extension ability to smooth YouTube downloader? Such that user can add in others site to the program themselves?
I've no idea regard the technical difficulty this may involve, but it's interesting if the app itself work as a core framework while user can adding in others site support in the form of 'addon'

Last edited:

zorc

Jan 4, 2010
Melbourne
You are awesome! I just encounter wifi disconnect on sleep, coming to report and realized that you have update the app. Thanks for such amazing development speed.

P/s: just a thought regard adding others site, can you make a tutorial thread regard how to fetch such information from site(search, video address and etc...), and adding extension ability to smooth YouTube downloader? Such that user can add in others site to the program themselves?
I've no idea regard the technical difficulty this may involve, but it's interesting if the app itself work as a core framework while user can adding in others site support in the form of 'addon'

About adding other sites, I will try to do a proof of concept on the weekend, and see if it's easy to do, I'm honestly not interested in any other sites, but if someone out there would like to do it, then I won't mind it.

Thanks!
Now the only thing needed is to keep program uptodate with youtube changes. :)

I'll try.

musicus66

Aug 21, 2009
Hello zorc!
Thanks for your nice app!

I want to give you some feedback and have a few suggestions.
(Tested with Eten X800 WM6.1)

1. On my device the cab doesn't install to SDMMC, only to main memory. But when moved back to storagecard it works.
2. The smoothest format is 240p flv. Mp4 is possible, but runs not so fast.
3. 360p flv and 480p flv doesn't run in TCPMP.
4. The long url from 240p flv is playing with TCPMP-Player.
5. When set default format I've added by accident some videos to the download-list, which started immediately downloading.

A. Is it possible to make 240p flv the default format?
B. An Option to sort the results to published and recent?
C. History of the last 10-20 searched words?
D. Option to directly open the url with TCPMP or Core-Player? (command-line?)
E. Option to choose if vids in the download-list should downloaded immediately or later?

Greetings musicus66

raving_nanza

Jul 23, 2009
i keep getting "connection error!" with v1.5 :confused:

*is this something to do with me or something to do with the new v1.5? :rolleyes:
(probably me :p lol)

#im definatly connected to interweb
#ive cooked SYTD into windows dir
#tried reinstalling .cab to program files dir
#same error :cool:

@zorc
could you give me the download link for v1.4 please, i did have it but i deleted it when v1.5 was released..
cheers dude :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today, I present to you this application, as a thank you to this forum that has always given me too much, it's a little personal project I've been working on when I'm not doing anything else, basically it allows you to search and download videos from YouTube in different formats and qualities, including MP3.

The App was tested on Topaz (Touch Diamond 2) WVGA Windows Mobile 6.5
    But it should work fine on other devices.

V3.0 is out here
    • YouTube Feeds, for example (Most Popular, Music, This Week) etc...
    • History list of search.
    • Ability to set maximum number of simultaneous downloads, and queue the rest.
    • Ability to set the Application you want to open URLs with using an easy file
    • dialog from the UI (Settings Page)
    • You can also set the "Default Format to download" from the UI (Settings Page)
    • Enhanced Performance

Requirements:
    1) A working windows mobile 5, 6, 6.5
    2) .NET Compact Framework 3.5

Features
    • Ability to Open an external application with a video URL as a parameter. (CorePlayer, TCPMP)
    • Ability to Shorten URLs on Copy/Open (for using with CorePlayer which doesn't support long URLs)
    • Shows thumbnails in the search results.
    • Ability to download multiple videos at the same time.
    • Ability to pause/resume downloads after you exit and run the application again.
    • Supports installing Extensions to support any other video site.
    • Supports Themes.
    • Supports Searching/Downloading from DailyMotion.com.
    • Supports Searching/Downloading from Current.com.
    • A very nice UI and cool transitions between different screens of the app.
    • Ability to expand search results.
    • Ability to choose video format/quality including mp3.
    • Improved QVGA screens support.
    • Ability to switch between full screen and normal mode.
    • Ability to copy download URL.
    • Supports keeping the device awake while downloads are running, so the WiFi connection is not lost.

Screenshots

Search.png

Feeds.png

Settings.png

Formats.png

The post is becoming too big, so I divided it into separate posts as follows:

To Download the application: Click Here

If you're a Developer and you'd like to develop and Extension to support Searching/Downloading from sites other than YouTube : Click Here

If you'd like to learn how to Create Themes: Click Here

THANKS to all of you for the great feedback :)
    ill give it a try

volume3022.png
    so no more ytdownloader i guess...:(

For wm fans like me ( I like my HD2 :) )...

This is service for new youtube api.
    put files from zip to SmoothYTDownloader\Extensions\
    in program settings for Current Download Service: select "YouTube 22.12.12"
    press Update
    --------------
    Special thanks to the author for a good app
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    that app makes WM to a treasure!
    Thank you :)

Hi.
    Any news about new version?
    Thanx....
    It's out, I hope you like it.
    Working great! Thanks so much for keeping our WM-Devices alife with your developement!

For opening streams directly in Core-Player or TCPMP add the TinyUrl lines in SYTDSettings.xml

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17874961&postcount=99

The last entry must be

Code:
    <ShortenServices>YouTube 22.12.12</ShortenServices>

Greetings and peaceful days to you Atmn and all...

musicus