FORUMS

[ROOT][UNROOT][CWM] Samsung Galaxy Y Duos GT-S6102 [GUIDE]

404 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,517
 
By Millan.SIS, Senior Member on 21st April 2012, 08:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th August 2012, 09:55 PM |#161  
sgyd12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bengkalis - Riau - Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor2

but my phone was working well untill i recovered using your cwm & then stuck at start screen & no recovery
i then flashed stock firmware as sir manoranjan said with repartitioning, pit file & then no download mode, no charging battery icon

Try this :
repair gt-s6102_sgyd12

If u use PIT file u must have bootloader
In my trick, i use Bootloader GT-S5360 to fix our phone (GT-S6102)..
Because DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360XXKI9_REV05.tar (Bootloader GT-S5360) contains:
- BcmBoot.img
- HEDGE_NVRAM8_RF_LE.bin
- sysparm_dep.img
required torino_1205.pit

after that ..
partitioning process using torino_1205.pit running smoothly
and fix our phone...
-- read my post @ here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1600373&page=6
27th August 2012, 10:00 PM |#162  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgyd12

Try this :
repair gt-s6102_sgyd12

Thanks sir,
Will it fix my phone now
please sir tell me the instructions
27th August 2012, 10:10 PM |#163  
sgyd12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bengkalis - Riau - Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor2

Thanks sir,
Will it fix my phone now
please sir tell me the instructions

download it
in it there is a tutorial how to use ..
Here link download: http://www.4shared.com/rar/VzcazG9W/...02_sgyd12.html
Password: syukraniwan
27th August 2012, 10:13 PM |#164  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgyd12

Try this :
repair gt-s6102_sgyd12

If u use PIT file u must have bootloader
In my trick, i use Bootloader GT-S5360 to fix our phone (GT-S6102)..
Because DefaultCalDataWithBoot_S5360XXKI9_REV05.tar (Bootloader GT-S5360) contains:
- BcmBoot.img
- HEDGE_NVRAM8_RF_LE.bin
- sysparm_dep.img
required torino_1205.pit

after that ..
partitioning process using torino_1205.pit running smoothly
and fix our phone...
-- read my post @ here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1600373&page=6

but sir my download mode is not coming
no response to any combo just black screen with the backlight
how can i flash?
please don't tell me what sir millan.sis told had happened
27th August 2012, 10:18 PM |#165  
Kundal's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 47
 
More
Quote:

but my phone was working well untill i recovered using your cwm & then stuck at start screen & no recovery
i then flashed stock firmware as sir manoranjan said with repartitioning, pit file & then no download mode, no charging battery icon

Sorry, but I really doubt that your device died because you used my CWM (as always you did this at your own risk).
Most probably it's the other way round. The restore failed because your hardware began to die.
Did you try to remove battery, sd card and sim cards for a while (~1 hour) to see if it comes back to live afterwards?

Just to analyze what happened:
- Did you check the backup you made with my CWM before you restored it?
- Have a look on your sd card using a card reader or something on your PC and open the Folder of your backup. What are the sizes of the tar files for system, data etc.and especially the boot.img file?
The file boot.img has to be exactly 5 MB. The other files should correspond to the content of your partitions in size.
- Do you have a sd-ext.ext4.tar file in your backup? Does it's size correspond to the size of your sd-ext partition content?
27th August 2012, 10:23 PM |#166  
sgyd12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bengkalis - Riau - Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor2

but sir my download mode is not coming
no response to any combo just black screen with the backlight
how can i flash?
please don't tell me what sir millan.sis told had happened

Woow.. sorry friend.. i can't help to this problem...
Your phone hard brick..
But try this... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1120880
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasharusia

If your phone doesn’t boot into download mode and you have a black screen after flashing froyo heres how you unbrick it, it worked for me.

Step 1 – Prepare odin with the firmware u want to flash and get it ready to go;

Step 2 – Remove battery, SIM and SD card, next connect your galaxy to the computer;

Step 3 – Hold Volume down + Power + Home button at the same time;

Step 4 – Insert the battery and wait a bit;

Step 5 – At this point Odin should have detected your galaxy ( Yellow rectangle should appear in your odin );

Step 6 – Click Start button in Odin and wait about 5 min.

If all goes well it should come back to life.

If You Find My Post useful click thanks.

* Your bootloader broken.. u must use bootloader to flash it using odin.. follow the guide has Manoranjan2050 given to u (use PIT file)
* U can use bootloader from here http://www.4shared.com/rar/VzcazG9W/...02_sgyd12.html (tested)
The Following User Says Thank You to sgyd12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sgyd12 Ad-Free
27th August 2012, 10:51 PM |#167  
Member
Thanks Meter: 13
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgyd12

Woow.. sorry friend.. i can't help to this problem...
Your phone hard brick..
But try this... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1120880

not working sir, tried many times
odin isn't showing ready or yellow rectangle
seems like there's no other way, i have to take it to the service center
but thanks for everything sir, your tutorial is really nice & it'll be helpful in fututre
27th August 2012, 10:55 PM |#168  
sgyd12's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bengkalis - Riau - Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 354
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor2

not working sir, tried many times
odin isn't showing ready or yellow rectangle
seems like there's no other way, i have to take it to the service center
but thanks for everything sir, your tutorial is really nice & it'll be helpful in fututre

U are welcome...
Yups.. I'll Write thread about it..
31st August 2012, 12:53 AM |#169  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Smile New To This
Hi,
To start with I am not asking any How-tos [i've read many rules]. I am new to rooting i've tried to get everything i can before i try to root my mom's phone s6102. Since few years back [when jailbreak was introduced] i wanted to root/jailbreak a phone but dint had the device [windows mobile 2003 = no custom rom]

Now i wanna do this for the ics fusion rom but i'm afraid REALLY afraid of the "brick" ^^ since its not even my phone :/

So should i face it ?? [i know i gotta backup]
The Following User Says Thank You to hary10000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hary10000 Ad-Free
31st August 2012, 02:50 PM |#170  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Question Rooted!
Hi,
I first create a general backup using MyBackup Pro
then rooted successfully then created backup using titanium & finally intalled cwm
before rebooting i chose "backup"

It did everything but said 'no "sd-ext" [something like that] found ,skipping it'
After reboot i checked the backup size ~250mb, whereas MyBackup Pro did around ~950mb

Anyhow i just have a small question [sorry if it isnt the right place to ask, please tell me where to if it isn't]

I'm confused, which option in anyone's opinion is the best to do a complete backup i.e. rom+data+system app etc. etc.


1. A NANDROID Backup using cwm from recovery + Data/Application/Media backup from MyBackup

2. Only backup from MyBackup and choose "use root features"
Note:- For this feature it just warned me once that busybox is outdated so your backups/restore wont function properly :S

P.S. the cwm given here is not detected by Rom Manager and so it cant be used with it, or at least I'm not able to but it doesn't matter :P


Anyways great tool and thanks for all you've done [thread creator]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hary10000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift hary10000 Ad-Free
31st August 2012, 03:05 PM |#171  
Deadly's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 4,040
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hary10000

Hi,
I first create a general backup using MyBackup Pro
then rooted successfully then created backup using titanium & finally intalled cwm
before rebooting i chose "backup"

It did everything but said 'no "sd-ext" [something like that] found ,skipping it'
After reboot i checked the backup size ~250mb, whereas MyBackup Pro did around ~950mb

Anyhow i just have a small question [sorry if it isnt the right place to ask, please tell me where to if it isn't]

I'm confused, which option in anyone's opinion is the best to do a complete backup i.e. rom+data+system app etc. etc.


1. A NANDROID Backup using cwm from recovery + Data/Application/Media backup from MyBackup

2. Only backup from MyBackup and choose "use root features"
Note:- For this feature it just warned me once that busybox is outdated so your backups/restore wont function properly :S

P.S. the cwm given here is not detected by Rom Manager and so it cant be used with it, or at least I'm not able to but it doesn't matter :P


Anyways great tool and thanks for all you've done [thread creator]

Use cwm.. it has skipped your sdcard backup.. so less size.. and u don't need sdcard backup usually.. if you want then use other one..

hit thanks button! If above post helps you..
The Following User Says Thank You to Deadly For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Deadly Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, duos, galaxy y, root, unroot

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes