What Cookie version do you prefer ?

• Total voters
Search This thread
how can you have too much RAM???
Esp. when having opera10 open and trying to open the camera or sense album can cause not enough memory errors.

because those sound like programming issues, not necessarily "memory" issues... just because you get an out of memory error doesn't mean it's a lack of memory... crappy, illconceived programming is usually the cause of these errors... though, I still tend to side on the "is there really such a thing as too much memory?" side of things... =)

PG101

RC-RT Liaison Admin - Devil's Advocate
Staff member
Aug 12, 2008
is it just me or does the new jul 30 GTX rom has a program "unknown 1" installed with the rom on flashing?

i did a hard reset after flashing but it keeps returning so i am guessing it is part of the ROM?

This Unknown 1 program appeared in the ROM from the 28 May release and is present n the 24 July as well.. i checked with NRGZ.. he said its harmless.. nothing happens if you remove it either...

I let it be there... no problems ever...

PS: Could you post some screenies of the changed icons and the dialer?

fi3ry_icy

Apr 24, 2010
HTC One X
HTC Leo
This Unknown 1 program appeared in the ROM from the 28 May release and is present n the 24 July as well.. i checked with NRGZ.. he said its harmless.. nothing happens if you remove it either...

I let it be there... no problems ever...

PS: Could you post some screenies of the changed icons and the dialer?

is it so? hmm...

strangely it has never shown up for until today.. lol..

:confused::confused:

If you don't mind me asking whats the speed like on the 23673 cookie rom like compared to the 21911? im not sure which to download..

both seem to be equally fast.. although the 21911 build seem to be a bit faster and smoother from my personal feel..

Last edited:

alhuang69

May 28, 2008
Hong Kong
Just flashed the New 30 Jul 32673 MaxSense ... it is a wonderful and sexy ROM.
It works well, fast, smooth and clean (have not seen any bugs so far). Read / Write T/S Chinese without any issue (ChinesePack installed).

Have to say "THANK YOU VERY MUCH" again.

brolee93

Jan 1, 2009
XDA city
how can you have too much RAM???
Esp. when having opera10 open and trying to open the camera or sense album can cause not enough memory errors.

because those sound like programming issues, not necessarily "memory" issues... just because you get an out of memory error doesn't mean it's a lack of memory... crappy, illconceived programming is usually the cause of these errors... though, I still tend to side on the "is there really such a thing as too much memory?" side of things... =)

For this error with OPERA10 . what resolve this error becaus i like opera 10

A program open is OPERA10 but i clik to album i have this pb :
image_preview.php

and i will close opera xith arkswitch i have this pb :
image_preview.php

So for use arkswitch i soft rest

Last edited:

Fif23

Jan 24, 2009
Alright, some more testing...
Everything is so perfect ! Really really fast and at the internet problem I used to have is gone .. (Not initializing 3g upon request from app)
Not even 1 freeze or hang.

BUT,
Programs do get minimized for no reason from time to time, unlike previous ROM's.
The speed gain is worth it, it doesn't happen very often... But I thought you'd like to know anyway for future builds.

I am on 21911 Jul 30 Cookie with the latest .50 radio, T-MOUS device.

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio

probably so, but i think it is a combo issue combined with sense. I never had this problem using titanium with mobile shell.
I saw a post where someone said that they used a third party app to test free ram and got a lot lower results then the phone reports. This poster was getting 50-60 free ram. Makes you wonder how much memory sense caches.

MadLinx

Sep 2, 2008
on the 23xxx July 30th Cookie Dinik ROM, I'm still getting a major battery drain.

I can literally watch my battery go down a percent every 3-5 mins without even being used.

was hoping that it would eventually be resolved, but been happening since the July 20th version.

I'm a T-Mobile US user on radio version 2.08.50.08_2

Any suggestion?

Stuffx

Aug 21, 2009
Kassel
Me too...battery drains fast as hell...using the 12th radio, all things disabled...WLAN/Blue./etc...GSM mode only.

Drains like 3-4 times faster than the 24th july rom. :(:(:(

(installed the Chainfire drivers)

Fif23

Jan 24, 2009
Make sure light is on auto
make sure nothing is running (wifi etc)
make sure auto updates are all off
turn off LEOCPUSPEED if you use it.

then if all checked, and you still get drain, take the battery out for a minute and put it back in, see if it works..

Stuffx

Aug 21, 2009
Kassel
Its not my first rom installed, i love system ressources...

I'm USING the normal Energy-Rom, no GTX

- NOTHING is running in the background, only taskman if i open taskman *g*
- no LeoSpeed installed
- all modes like wifi, blue., etc are off
- tried reset / battery already
- all handy modes are off...hsdpa, gprs, etc...only lowest GSM is running

Installing the exaktly same Cabs like 24th july rom...1% in 5-10min, when phone is in standby with this 30th july version...can't be :(

NBB823151

Nov 18, 2009
Hey NRG,
Energy 30th July Standard sense pretty good ...the new Swype is very accurate...where did that come from? also Internet seems turbo charged.. really excellent, fast and stable Thanks.
Full report tomorrow after heavy use.

fcasoli

Oct 19, 2007
lockscreen

the lockscreen in last rom is nice but accidentally I unlock because vertical slide is less sure ;)
but I love it :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    6.5.X & 6.5|ROM|WWE| Energy Series 29022 /21916 Sense 2.5 + Many Variations (See next post)

EnergyROM_Collection.png

Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch HD2 (Leo) device.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release
    I preconfigure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

This firmware is compatible with all HD2 devices manufactured by HTC !

>> If you're an advanced user and know what you want already, jump directly to post #2 and download what build you'll like to install.

>> If you're a beginner, read on as there's a few things you need to do first.

• You need to install a modified "SPL" on your device that allows installation of custom ROMs such as this one. It's called a "Hard SPL" and it's in of these stickies at the top of this forum (not this thread!).

If you have a T-Mobile USA branded device, then you don't need to flash a "radio". The ROM will work just fine with it. However, if you own an asian or european HD2 then you NEED to flash a .50 radio.

I RECOMMEND FLASHING RADIO 2.07.50 or 2.12.50 !

After you install the correct radio, go on to post #2 and download the ROM of your choice. There's always a choice of 2 (sometimes 3) builds for each "flavor" of the ROM. Looking at the download folders you'll see:

• A 21916 Build which is the most reliable and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner. This build uses the same stock system that came with your device. This is usually the fastest and most stable build, but it's also the least fancy :)

• A 29022 Build that's the latest in Microsoft's development with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys, making it all very "finger friendly". These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. Most people choose this build... Why else would you install a custom ROM ? :)

After flashing the ROM, please read the FAQ in post 4, and maybe even the links to the individual modifications for each ROM in post 2 (such as "Cookie", "GTX" etc). It will help you get more familiar with which one and will greatly reduce the initial learning curve.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs every few days, as new builds come down the pipe.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization), or the built in "Settings Exporter" in the Tools folder. Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

BEFORE YOU DOWNLOAD AND FLASH ANY OF THESE ROMS, MAKE SURE YOUR RADIO VERSION IS AT LEAST 2.07.50 (not 51! any .50 version should be okay) , OR YOUR PHONE WILL NOT BOOTUP AFTER YOU FLASH !
    IF YOU HAVE A TMOBILE USA DEVICE, THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO YOU AND YOU DO NOT NEED TO FLASH A NEW RADIO, BUT 2.07.50 IS STILL RECOMMENDED TO WORK BEST WITH THIS ROM.

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

He means I need to do some Android ROMs for the HD2. Hmm... I think I just might. Maybe start off with skinning of t he existing ones to look like my WM ROMs then.. take it from there.
    Hi,

Great work the new 29005 seems to be a bit quicker, however unless it's me (always a possibility) none of the program icons appear to have the sencity skinning for instance in the start menu.

The start menu icons are NOT supposed to skinned. That's quite normal...
    This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed.

EnergyROM_Energy.png

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    EnergyROM_Dinik.png

Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc

EnergyROM_sencity.png

_LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    EnergyROM_TouchOfGlass.png

DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    EnergyROM_GTX.png

ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

So looking at the poll numbers... CHT 2.0 trumps CHT 1.8.5 by a lot. :)