[ROM] 6/29/10 | Fresh Evo 0.5.3 | Outdated -- look for Fresh Evo 1.0.1

Search This thread

Philosuffer

Jun 14, 2010
MMS is working for me. Possible Sprint glitch at time of testing????

Short version:
Looks like I had to reflash .3, and then just restored apps/data through Titanium. MMS works now.

Long version, in case it helps anyone else:
1) Fresh v.3 - MMS not working
2) Nandroid backed up Fresh v.3
3) Wiped data/cache/dalvik - Flashed stock-rooted rom - MMS Worked
4) Wiped data/cache/dalvik - Restored Fresh v.3 Nandroid back up - MMS not working again
5) Wiped data/cache/dalvik - Flashed Fresh v.3 MMS working
6) Restored apps + some system data (like Sense desktop) through Titanium - MMS still working now

Reboot on SD mount to PC

Got a slight issue...flashed system fine and messed up trying to customize my bootscreen...anytime I try to mount as a disk drive the phone freezes then reboots.

Only thing I can think of is the 'mount' command in shell. Didn't mean to run the command, but I did. Is there an easy way to fix this?!

I've tried re-flashing the ROM and fixin the permission...neither worked.

lath19

Jun 20, 2010
I am having solid battery life and stability. Full day and 0% without a signal. Although not sure if that is the ROM or the radio, but w/e I am happy either way.

I also have 0% without a signal. I have noticed that my battery will stay at about 90% for a while longer but after moderate usage it jumps down quite a way to ≈60%. Not sure why the battery indicator isn't decreasing consistently but it's not a big deal.

benshtc

Feb 29, 2008
Somewhere in Time
This Fresh Rom plus using the overclock widget and screebl make me regret buying that extra TP2 battery as a back up. I consider myself a heavy user (music, internet, texting, calls, lots of battery checking and looking at the screens move by) and I get 12-15 hrs. Thanks for the great ROM Flipz my Iphone friend is envious of the speed and with the Konikub color ROM over top it's proving to be the real cats meow!

Skywing269

Nov 25, 2008
New York
I have my EVO running Fresh 0.3 and everything has been fine since I flashed it. I rebooted my phone and went into Messaging and found that none of my conversations had contact pictures associated with them anymore. I have tried clearing out all the messages and force stopping the Messaging app with no success. Anyone else encounter this and have a fix that doesnt involve wiping the device? Thanks.

toastcfh

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 11, 2009
Lakeland, FL
added a update.zip for fresh rom to try out the kernel source we have. it works on al devices. and is only a proof of concept deal. anyhow u can find the info and download link here

enjoy :D

criccio

May 23, 2010
Thanks toast. I think i'll stick with a 100% working phone though. Besides, it doesn't seem too clear in the first post of that thread what that update.zip actually gives you apart from breaking a few things.

Android 17

Jun 15, 2010
Anyone have any luck with the power-draining problem? I'm also having the same issue.

I even end-tasked the majority of non-essential apps before I went to sleep, woke up about 6 hours later, and my battery went from about 75 to 35.

I used to get great battery with 0.2, but either 0.3 has a sort of glitch or as someone mentioned, we are all using a common app that drains battery excessively.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
I want to run the vanilla lock screen with this. Is it possible and where can I get it?

You can simply rename /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk.

adb remount
adb shell
# mv /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk /system/app/HtcLockScreen.bak
#

This will give you the standard vanilla lockscreen, which is by default broken (it will be vertical rather than horizontal). In order to make any but the stock lockscreen work you have to flash (or metamorph depending on whose lockscreen you're downloading) a new lockscreen. You can find them if you search for them.

galt

Jun 9, 2005
After otherwise flawless performance of this ROM, I ran into a constant looping of force close on HTC Sense (after changing the "scene" and then changing back to my original scene). I then restored using a nandroid backup of this ROM + my restored apps and customizations, and then deleted all of my custom scenes except the primary one (which had previously been restored via Titanium backup). I then created a new custom scene, saved it, and then (upon trying to again go back to my original custom scene) I again ran into constant looping force closing of Sense and eventually looped rebooting of the device.

I've nandroid'd back to my previous backup, and I've deleted all my custom scenes and will recreate my main scene but I'm not going to switch scenes for a while because I don't have time to do more nandroid restores. Has anyone had this issue? Is it likely just due to the restore of my old scenes? Or is it related to the live wallpaper that my scene was using (the rotating earth one)?

mmmdieselfumes

May 19, 2009
San Antonio
And how are you supposed to flash the new radio? Put it on the ad then use the ##775# code?

Otherwise the rom runs great, though my 3G and 4g is slower than when I was on the stock rom.

je_unc

Jun 15, 2010
.3 bug?

0.3 works great for me. It's my first attempt at the Fresh Evo ROM. However, Qik FC's once I verify my account details and try to video chat. Everything else in Qik works just fine... I see that Flipz said that it was fixed for real this time. It's not for me! I wiped Data and Dav before install and I have write access to /System even when booted into Android. What's the fix?

ront75

May 21, 2007
0.3 works great for me. It's my first attempt at the Fresh Evo ROM. However, Qik FC's once I verify my account details and try to video chat. Everything else in Qik works just fine... I see that Flipz said that it was fixed for real this time. It's not for me! I wiped Data and Dav before install and I have write access to /System even when booted into Android. What's the fix?

uninstall QIK and download the QIK app for Evo from the market. that should fix it.