Mugen Power batteries (1800mAh and 3600mAh) for MyTouch 4G Slide?

Search This thread

blackknightavalon

Feb 1, 2009
Somewhere in NYC
I hope it is too! Mugen makes a quality battery and you will get more life than stock, without a doubt.

Howerver, it should be noted that users of the Anker Battery 1900mah are reporting longer runtimes than my battery for a cheaper price. Please keep that in mind before purchasing. I've seen a couple users stating 24 hours of good use.

I don't own that battery so I'm just trying to give a detailed representation of my real world useage on the Mugen 1800mah. In my previous screenshots, it says the display was on for 4 hours total. I was using it quite a bit today, on various apps so I'm not sure why only XDA shows up in the usage. I messaged quite a bit too but I'm not sure what that shows up as. Does that fall under Dialer usage I wonder?

As I posted in the other thread, I'm getting about 10 hours of moderate-heavy use out of my Anker batteries. Read the consumer reviews before buying batteries.

Sent from a message in a bottle.

Reactions: siani_8

verne2k

Sep 23, 2011
hi, i am considering buying an aftermarket battery and am undecided between the anker and the mugen.

people are enthusiastic about the anker but mugen is a stronger brand... i don't mind the difference of 100mA and am more concerned about the quality and reliability of the battery... don't wanna run into overheating/exploding issues.

which one should i get?

blackknightavalon

Feb 1, 2009
Somewhere in NYC
hi, i am considering buying an aftermarket battery and am undecided between the anker and the mugen.

people are enthusiastic about the anker but mugen is a stronger brand... i don't mind the difference of 100mA and am more concerned about the quality and reliability of the battery... don't wanna run into overheating/exploding issues.

which one should i get?

If you can afford it, go with a 3600mAh battery. I'm satisfied with the Anker batteries.

Sent from a message in a bottle.

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
MUGEN POWER 3600mah

I received the Mugen Power 3600 last night. I'll post some battery longevity results after the battery is broken in but honesty it's 3600mah and I already own the 1800mah so it's not hard to figure out my expected results based on the figures from 1800mah

The battery door does add some bulk but when I lay the phone side by side with the Trident case, the overall thickness of the phone is about the same. Most people are going to think anything other than a flat phone just isn't cool and are not going to be bothered with this. However, these are some of my positive thoughts:

It doesn't add so much bulk that it's an inconvenience to carry around and I'm already breaking in my leather slip case with it right now. It's certainly not as inconvenient as carrying around an iPad and you cant even make a phone call with that.

The phone FEELS a lot better now. When I hold it vertically to make a call, it fits nice and snug in my hand and actually has something to hold. When I hold it horizontally to use the keyboard, my fingers wrap around the curves nicely and the extra thickness actually makes typing a lot easier. I think the best way I can describe this is going from a PS3 controller to an Xbox 360 controller. The Xbox 360 controller is bigger but feels a lot more natural in my hand. That is the experience I felt here.

I will post some pictures later of the phone with this battery door and maybe even some side by sides with the Trident case to give some of you an idea of the thickness. I love my Trident case but I'm already considering putting it on the shelf and using this as my daily driver. The extra juice for a personal pocket PC is priceless and I'm thinking it's a worthy trade off for a little bit of extra thickness.

One more positive.. For some, it may be the only chance you get to hear "that thing is huge!" ;) Seriously though, it's not that bad

Last edited:

siani_8

Dec 13, 2009
Bristol, PA
Here are a couple photos of the Mugen Power 3600 with battery door. I took them next to my Trident Case that may help some with size reference. As far as cases, I'm working it into a leather HTC Messenger case right now which is of course tight but leather stretches so it should break in nicely and it also fits in the OEM G1 case except that it's flush at the top.

BTW I've been off charge for 13 hours on my first charge cycle and I'm at 69%

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
(bump) - maybe get the anker and mugen battery threads separated again.

DarkenFable

Jun 10, 2010
Seattle
Finally have my Mugen 3600 all calibrated and everything. Using Pyr-o-Ice ICS 1.0.2 I can pull about 2-3 (maybe 4 if I'm not using my phone as much) days of life from a single charge with moderate usage. That include WiFi being on the entire time, facebooking, texting a lot, making a few phone calls, taking a few pictures, just normal usage for me. If WiFi is off, same usage, I get over 5 days and still have 20+% left.

I love the feel of it, it is a lot larger now than it was with the stock battery, but as mentioned before, it makes it fit better in your hand and the phone feels more complete.

The heat issue I was experiencing with the stock battery is gone, I can use the phone for an hour straight and besides the warmth from my hand the temp doesn't really change at all. Definitely doesn't burn my hand to hold my phone anymore.

Would recommend this battery to anyone with this phone. I know its a bit more pricey than the Ankers, but to me, not having to worry about keeping that extra battery charged every night or whenever I go somewhere is a godsend. I can go to sleep at night and if I forget to plug my phone in it's only going to drop 1% while I sleep, battery life is pretty much non existent to me at this point.

jonnycat26

Feb 16, 2008
Just wanted to share an update on my Mugen.

It's dead.

I got it mid december, and have been using it ever since. Earlier this evening, it wouldn't charge, instead I'd get the flash of green/amber from the indicator light, and a gray battery icon with an exclamation point. I rebooted, pulled, shut down, wiped stats... nothing worked. I'd guess I spent close to a half hour trying to get it to charge normally.

What did work was replacing the battery with the stock battery. That error-ed once (gray battery icon), but worked on a second try. It is, however, charging *verrrry* slowly, so I'm probably going have to recalibrate it. To be expected, given the difference in capacities (I had the 1800 mah mugen).

I'm not sure if it was the battery, or the phone. Hopefully the stock doesn't start acting up.

blackknightavalon

Feb 1, 2009
Somewhere in NYC

It's dead.

I got it mid december, and have been using it ever since. Earlier this evening, it wouldn't charge, instead I'd get the flash of green/amber from the indicator light, and a gray battery icon with an exclamation point. I rebooted, pulled, shut down, wiped stats... nothing worked. I'd guess I spent close to a half hour trying to get it to charge normally.

What did work was replacing the battery with the stock battery. That error-ed once (gray battery icon), but worked on a second try. It is, however, charging *verrrry* slowly, so I'm probably going have to recalibrate it. To be expected, given the difference in capacities (I had the 1800 mah mugen).

I'm not sure if it was the battery, or the phone. Hopefully the stock doesn't start acting up.

Should have bought the 3600mAh battery. Still running perfectly on my end after over 3 months.

Sent from Spaceball One.

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville

It's dead.

You might try emailin them?

Typed by ---- oh wait! I'm schizophrenic!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here are a couple photos of the Mugen Power 3600 with battery door. I took them next to my Trident Case that may help some with size reference. As far as cases, I'm working it into a leather HTC Messenger case right now which is of course tight but leather stretches so it should break in nicely and it also fits in the OEM G1 case except that it's flush at the top.

BTW I've been off charge for 13 hours on my first charge cycle and I'm at 69%

IMG_0401.JPG

IMG_0402.JPG
    I received my Mugen Power 1800mah. I'm on the first full charge now during a recommended 5 charge break-in period. This battery isn't rated much higher than stock so I'm really not expecting a miracle out of this one. I'm just hoping to get some more out of my day without a charge. When it's time for miracles, I'm pulling the trigger on the 3600mah.

That said, I can tell you that at least the battery is a perfect fit for the phone and there was no shoving or forcing to get it in.
    NEW MUGEN POWER BATTERY INITIAL CHARGING INSTRUCTIONS

1. CHARGE BATTERY FOR 8-12 HOURS
    For the first 4-5 charges, please charge the battery in the device for 8-12 hours using the main power adapter and with device turned on (Important: For the first 4-5 charges You Should charge the battery for 8-12 hours, even if your phone is showing that it is fully charged already!).

2. USE DEVICE AS NORMAL
    After each charge, please use the device as normal, until device tells you the battery is very low, then recharge.

3. REPEAT 4-5 TIMES
    Repeat this process for 4-5 times.

After that you can recharge the battery whenever is suitable for You, and just until your device is showing it is fully charged. Important: NEVER drain the battery completely to 0%.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

I tried to follow the initial charging instructings as best I could for the first 4 days of use. I took the phone off charge at 6:30 A.M. in the morning and had it back on by 6:30 P.M. (unless noted otherwise) to give it the full recommended 12 hours of charge.

I have no real controlled test for the Mugen Power 1800mah battery; however, I'm going to give a rundown by day of my experience so far with this battery.

I am currently using the Bulletproof ROM and stock Kernel.

For all days so far, the phone has been on the entire time unless specically noted. Also wi-fi, wifi calling, GPS, and bluetooth were enabled the entire time and power saving features remained unchecked in the settings. Screen brightness stayed at setting 1 of 3. My homescreens currently include the Weather widget, Friendstream widget, and Calender Widget.

Day 1: During day 1 of usage, I sent frequent texts to my girlfriend during the day, made a couple of short phone calls, read the news in the morning and checked my email occasionally as well as the XDA Forums. I had a stop on the way home and barely made it to the charger at 6:30.. the phone actually shut down a minute before I got it on charge so on day 1 I got 1 minute shy of 12 hours.

Day 2: The usage on day 2 was about the same as day 1 except I had to turn the brightness up all the way and use the phone heavily for about 15 minutes or so when I got home to drain the battery to 2% and put it back on charge. Again, around 12 hours of my normal usage is fair assesment of day 2.

Day 3: When I woke in the morning I booted into recovery and and reset battery stats. When I rebooted it was showing 93% *shrug* I also dropped my phone during the day and the battery fell out..ooops. Anyway, the phone life seemed to be doing a little better on the third day so I started using it more heavily. I was checking my email frequently, sending frequent texts, checking the XDA forums a lot, updated about 6 apps, checked the news app more than a few times. When I got home at 6:00 I had turn the brightness all the way up and use the phone for about 20 minutes straight to kill it to 2% and get it back on charge for 12 hours.

Day 4: I used the phone as much as I wanted to on the 4th day. I still texted as I usually would, made a couple short calls, checked the news and XDA frequently, took some pictures read the news - all standard stuff. It was Friday and I wasn't worried about getting it on charge by 6:30 so I continued to use it as normal and I made it to 8:30 before it dropped to 2%. Day 4 was 14 hours of continued usage.

I expect under the conditions of normal use I won't get much more than Day 4. I suppose if I wanted to conserve and enable power saving settings, turned off GPS during the day and only enabled bluetooth when I knew I was getting in the car then I might be able to sqeeeze out more. Of course if I played a video game on it I'm sure I'd get a whole lot less.

I am not unpleased with the results of the battery and is probably about what I expected for my my normal usage.
    MUGEN POWER 3600mah

I received the Mugen Power 3600 last night. I'll post some battery longevity results after the battery is broken in but honesty it's 3600mah and I already own the 1800mah so it's not hard to figure out my expected results based on the figures from 1800mah

The battery door does add some bulk but when I lay the phone side by side with the Trident case, the overall thickness of the phone is about the same. Most people are going to think anything other than a flat phone just isn't cool and are not going to be bothered with this. However, these are some of my positive thoughts:

It doesn't add so much bulk that it's an inconvenience to carry around and I'm already breaking in my leather slip case with it right now. It's certainly not as inconvenient as carrying around an iPad and you cant even make a phone call with that.

The phone FEELS a lot better now. When I hold it vertically to make a call, it fits nice and snug in my hand and actually has something to hold. When I hold it horizontally to use the keyboard, my fingers wrap around the curves nicely and the extra thickness actually makes typing a lot easier. I think the best way I can describe this is going from a PS3 controller to an Xbox 360 controller. The Xbox 360 controller is bigger but feels a lot more natural in my hand. That is the experience I felt here.

I will post some pictures later of the phone with this battery door and maybe even some side by sides with the Trident case to give some of you an idea of the thickness. I love my Trident case but I'm already considering putting it on the shelf and using this as my daily driver. The extra juice for a personal pocket PC is priceless and I'm thinking it's a worthy trade off for a little bit of extra thickness.

One more positive.. For some, it may be the only chance you get to hear "that thing is huge!" ;) Seriously though, it's not that bad
    Just a follow up on my Experience with the Mugen 1800mah

I ran the phone yesterday with all the same criteria as my previous posts for Days 1-4 except I kept GPS and Bluetooth off all day. After 24 hours the phone was at 16% and then I put it back on charge. I was reading the XDA forums a lot yesterday, texted moderately, read news, made a few calls, took a couple of pictures and checked my email frequently. I thought that was worth sharing. Everyone uses their phones differently so individual results may vary across all batteries and phones ;)

Obviously, I wasn't awake for 24 hours. The phone was in hibernation for 8 hours while I slept.

I do know I couldn't make it half a day on stock with my usage, so I'm pleased so far with my second phone using Mugen Power.