HTC Dev Unlock Works on Verizon HTC One - UPDATE: No Longer Works

Search This thread

RuckusDecay

May 22, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes, revone and moonshine have both been tried. Its amazing how many times this is gonna come up, lol. "Hey, you know the method that gives s-off to HTC One devices? Has anyone tried it on a HTC One?" Sorry but even asking the question is a bit redundant in itself....

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Well I tell you what. If someone were to ask that same question(sarcastically speaking of course) i'll be glad and happy to respond with a "Yes, revone and moonshine have both been tried." and it haz not work. lol :laugh::p

Reactions: TechSavvy2

TechSavvy2

Sep 26, 2011
Well I tell you what. If someone were to ask that same question(sarcastically speaking of course) i'll be glad and happy to respond with a "Yes, revone and moonshine have both been tried." and it haz not work. lol :laugh::p

Yes, they've been tried and didn't work, Lolz. :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

GillRigged

Sep 21, 2012
Webster
Read on Google + the only dev moto X will be gsm units. HTC tweeted when asked about VZW dev one there were no plans unless there was a high demand for one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Sorry dude, but you're wrong. Verizon is in fact getting a dev edition of the Moto X. VP of Motorola Mobility announced that on Friday.

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 04:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 AM ----------

Read on Google + the only dev moto X will be gsm units. HTC tweeted when asked about VZW dev one there were no plans unless there was a high demand for one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/0...riers-developer-editions-for-att-and-verizon/

Sent from my XT926 using Tapatalk 4

Gornul

Aug 30, 2010
SD, CA
You need to relax lol its a perfectly good phone even if its bootloader locked. Its eons better than the rezound. The bootloader will come with the right devs and time. Just wait.
And NOW I just realized why your name looked familiar, look at me telling YOU what the Rezound community was accomplishing, LOL.

Neo has been saying his 4.3 based ROM is going to be for the One too, not just the Rezound, so maybe I'll just chill out a little bit.

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
And NOW I just realized why your name looked familiar, look at me telling YOU what the Rezound community was accomplishing, LOL.

Neo has been saying his 4.3 based ROM is going to be for the One too, not just the Rezound, so maybe I'll just chill out a little bit.

Lol there was a lot we accomplished but some stuff just cant be changed, like battery life. I'm running infection right now and its pretty great. The One will be amazing in time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

NAU420

Apr 8, 2012
Lol there was a lot we accomplished but some stuff just cant be changed, like battery life. I'm running infection right now and its pretty great. The One will be amazing in time.

So true about the Rezound... This phone just came out and people are having heart attacks, yet it's only been four days. Neo did a great job on the Rezound and I look forward to his work on the One. I do believe we'll have s off soon.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
So true about the Rezound... This phone just came out and people are having heart attacks, yet it's only been four days. Neo did a great job on the Rezound and I look forward to his work on the One. I do believe we'll have s off soon.

right I was actually the tester for S-OFF with unlimited.io for the Rezound, i prob rebooted the phone over 100 times with UN-insulated paperclip, I was doing it right the entire time, turned out the SD-Card was no good.
I'm trying to reach out to them to see if they have a any plans for this phone and if they needs testers.

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey

right I was actually the tester for S-OFF with unlimited.io for the Rezound, i prob rebooted the phone over 100 times with UN-insulated paperclip, I was doing it right the entire time, turned out the SD-Card was no good.
I'm trying to reach out to them to see if they have a any plans for this phone and if they needs testers.

Yeah I remember that. Those good ol' days haha I'll most likely be joining you guys soon so we can have some more fun lol

NAU420

Apr 8, 2012

I remember those days and the Inc 4g days. You kept our hope up with getting s off and did a great job with keeping us updates.

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
I'm unlocked, but either way I'm not worried. I ran a bone stock S3 for nearly a 2 months last year until the insecure aboot file leaked. The phone was great in stock form as is the One.

-----
Sent from my unlocked and rooted HTC One. Too late on the HTCDev block, Verizon...

Jeremiah_1988

Nov 11, 2011
Kind of jumping out of the fire and into the frying pan, aren't you? The Verizon Moto X doesn't have an unlocked bootloader either. Unless you want to wait around and pay full price for the developers edition.

Lol I have a s4 and new nexus 7, I'm flashing stuff on those for my crack fixes. My beef is the battery life here, It has none! Had to get a mophie case to help and that's one heck of a brick for a phone. The moto x intrigues me with the features so imma give it a go

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 4

slacka-vt

Nov 17, 2009
Southern Vermont
Lol I have a s4 and new nexus 7, I'm flashing stuff on those for my crack fixes. My beef is the battery life here, It has none! Had to get a mophie case to help and that's one heck of a brick for a phone. The moto x intrigues me with the features so imma give it a go

Ahh -I gotcha now. Battery life does seem a little less than stellar. Honestly, I was going to get the Moto X, but decided on the One. Let me know how you like it. I'm obviously still within my 14 day return period. ;)

Jeremiah_1988

Nov 11, 2011
Ahh -I gotcha now. Battery life does seem a little less than stellar. Honestly, I was going to get the Moto X, but decided on the One. Let me know how you like it. I'm obviously still within my 14 day return period. ;)

Right on lol it isn't out until Thursday I think

Gornul

Aug 30, 2010
SD, CA
The mophie case is HARDLY brick like. It's actually pretty surprising how little bulk it adds for more than doubling the battery life. My Rezound's extended battery was far, FAR bulkier for 3200mAh than this is for more than 1000 more.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just want to let you guys know I might have found something.

I am PMing some other devs to get some help.
    I really feel for you all. Took a stance that maybe gets some notice.
    8vncUkG.png
    Just letting everyone know that you can htc dev unlock your device. Just tested it on a person's device and it worked fine. Going to post a system image and boot.img to the development forum soon so look forward to that :p
    I really do not know how to say this but just say it...

I get that you're upset, but you have to realize that the amount of people who actually care about this stuff, the development community, is a TINY, TINY part of carriers customers. I mean look at XDA. It has 5 million users according to the front page... Well, Verizon alone has over 110 million customers.

We are just a teeny, tiny part of Verizon's customer base. Nothing is going to change, because the very large majority of cell phone owners don't care about unlocked boot loaders or s-off or ROMs or anything like that.