[Q] Rooted i9100 CWM 6.0.3.2 PA 3.6+ to KK4.4.2 steps query

Search This thread

zajabs

Mar 17, 2014
Hi,

I am not unfamiliar with rooting a phone or loading a custom ROM, but im unsure about upgrading now that its no longer stock.

I have a GT-i9100 rooted and currently loaded with CWM 6.0.3.2 and Paranoid Android 3.60 (Android 4.2.2). I would like to upgrade to KK 4.4.2 Cyan Fox. What i want to know is how to go about this without killing my phone.

So far, from what have seen, i need to upgrade to a newer CWM that is 4.4.2 friendly, like This one by -Grift-. But the CWM 6.0.4.7 is a .zip, how do i load this? As far as I know only .tar files work when flashing with ODIN. You cant update from 6.0.3.2 to 6.0.4.7 from within CWM recovery mode using a .zip can you?

Once the CWM 6.0.4.7 is on, i should be able to load the ROM and GAPPS from the .zip files and boot into the new 4.4.2 OS right?

Will i need to wipe data and cache once the new 4.4.2. ROM is loaded, before i boot?

Would appreciate any input on this. Thanks

Paul_Kolanjian

Dec 12, 2012
Zahlah
OnePlus One
LG G3
Although senior members might demand not to post such queries as they have become too repetitive, yet I'll be delighted to help an "inexperienced" user such as you, sir. As you already know about CWM 6.0.4.7 and its importance in flashing KitKat ROMs, the only way to update your CWM 6.0.3.2 or any version is by downloading the CWM 6.0.4.7.zip and placing it on your SD card. After that, boot into recovery and flash the .zip file. DON'T reboot your device just now, instead, navigate to "Advanced" and select reboot recovery (the option is usually there depending on what recovery you use and how it customized). As simple as that, the phone will reboot but only the recovery and you'll see the updated CWM 6.0.4.7. To flash the required 4.4.x KitKat ROM, previously place it on your SD card and choose to install .zip and browse to the location of the file depending where exactly you placed it. Wait till the installation has finished and then WIPE data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Flash the Google apps you need after that, and there you go, KitKat on your i9100. Note that wiping the data partition is crucial, so flash responsibly and don't forget to make a nandroid backup :)

Reactions: zajabs

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Although senior members might demand not to post such queries as they have become too repetitive, yet I'll be delighted to help an "inexperienced" user such as you, sir. As you already know about CWM 6.0.4.7 and its importance in flashing KitKat ROMs, the only way to update your CWM 6.0.3.2 or any version is by downloading the CWM 6.0.4.7.zip and placing it on your SD card. After that, boot into recovery and flash the .zip file. DON'T reboot your device just now, instead, navigate to "Advanced" and select reboot recovery (the option is usually there depending on what recovery you use and how it customized). As simple as that, the phone will reboot but only the recovery and you'll see the updated CWM 6.0.4.7. To flash the required 4.4.x KitKat ROM, previously place it on your SD card and choose to install .zip and browse to the location of the file depending where exactly you placed it. Wait till the installation has finished and then WIPE data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Flash the Google apps you need after that, and there you go, KitKat on your i9100. Note that wiping the data partition is crucial, so flash responsibly and don't forget to make a nandroid backup :)