[Q] Moto G vs Moto G 4G LTE

Search This thread

marcviado

Aug 7, 2010
Las Vegas
I just looked in the Motorola website and it looks like the moto g 4g LTE is finally in stock and ready to ship out. With that being said I'm ready to purchase one but with one question comes to my mind.. Since both the moto g and moto g 4g LTE are identical besides the 4g LTE and sdcard support.. Does anybody know if the roms/rooting method will be the same? All the Roms out for the moto g will work on the moto g 4g LTE? Or is there a slight difference where that won't work?

bozzykid

May 1, 2011
I just looked in the Motorola website and it looks like the moto g 4g LTE is finally in stock and ready to ship out. With that being said I'm ready to purchase one but with one question comes to my mind.. Since both the moto g and moto g 4g LTE are identical besides the 4g LTE and sdcard support.. Does anybody know if the roms/rooting method will be the same? All the Roms out for the moto g will work on the moto g 4g LTE? Or is there a slight difference where that won't work?

We don't know yet since no one has the hardware. But it is likely they will be separate ROMs as the radio will probably be different. And it is going to be using different drivers since the chipset for the radio is different.