how to unlock htc touch without password

Search This thread

seckin38

Jan 19, 2008
Friends,

I've just joined the forum. My HTC touch has just been locked itself and I can't unlock it because I didn't set a password. I still can receive calls but can't make calls, the screen is password screen, nothing else. I can't shut it down without removing the battery.

I tried PIN, PUK, IMEI, 0000, 1234, etc but didn't work. I tried soft reset but didn't help. Tried hard reset but it didn't reset. I tried the SIM card in other phones, it works, thus, the problem is the device.

Any help will be appreciated...

jahrami

Jul 26, 2007
Friends,

I've just joined the forum. My HTC touch has just been locked itself and I can't unlock it because I didn't set a password. I still can receive calls but can't make calls, the screen is password screen, nothing else. I can't shut it down without removing the battery.

I tried PIN, PUK, IMEI, 0000, 1234, etc but didn't work. I tried soft reset but didn't help. Tried hard reset but it didn't reset. I tried the SIM card in other phones, it works, thus, the problem is the device.

Any help will be appreciated...

Flash new ROM

You want to double check about that hard reset. I think you've probably only done a soft reset. A hard reset will reset the machine back and wipe off ALL your data and settings, including the password.

The front screen password of which you are referring to NOT any of the ones you have listed, but instead it is something you would have set when setting up the device.

Have a try with some of your usual passwords ;)

Reactions: dr.mostafa

seckin38

Jan 19, 2008
I have tried hard reset (pushing green and red buttons at the same time pushing the reset button with its own pen) but, didn't reset (since there appeared no message on the screen like "the data will be lost"). I think those two buttons are not functional because of password. Every time I tried hard reset it has done the soft one.

thanks anyway

You want to double check about that hard reset. I think you've probably only done a soft reset. A hard reset will reset the machine back and wipe off ALL your data and settings, including the password.

The front screen password of which you are referring to NOT any of the ones you have listed, but instead it is something you would have set when setting up the device.

I have tried hard reset (pushing green and red buttons at the same time pushing the reset button with its own pen) but, didn't reset (since there appeared no message on the screen like "the data will be lost"). I think those two buttons are not functional because of password. Every time I tried hard reset it has done the soft one.

thanks anyway

I'd suggest you query this in the HTC Touch forum rather than the General Forum for everything, as they have more intimate knowledge to help you :)

mtx1

May 30, 2008
Hi there, my HTC touch just did the same today. I never set a password.
I contacted my IT guy and he mentioned the following:

Try number 1 once, and then tap unlock.

WORKED BRILLIANTLY!!

dotybizz

Nov 1, 2008
The HTC Touch does that all the time.
All you need to do is hold down the Send and End Call buttons down firmly and push the stylus up in the little hole near the usb port (Reset Button) and wait till the screen says that the phone is going to format and all data will be lost press the soft key to continue. Then when it says that press the center button and it will show Fat formatting and Rom formatting. This will erase all data on your touch so make sure you back up.
After turn on the phone and go through the set up and it should be perfectly ok.

You can do this for two reasons.

1. To reset the phone locks.

2. To repair the touch screen if it stops working.

Hope this helps. Enjoy

evalone

Dec 15, 2009
Not working

The HTC Touch does that all the time.
All you need to do is hold down the Send and End Call buttons down firmly and push the stylus up in the little hole near the usb port (Reset Button) and wait till the screen says that the phone is going to format and all data will be lost press the soft key to continue. Then when it says that press the center button and it will show Fat formatting and Rom formatting. This will erase all data on your touch so make sure you back up.
After turn on the phone and go through the set up and it should be perfectly ok.

You can do this for two reasons.

1. To reset the phone locks.

2. To repair the touch screen if it stops working.

Hope this helps. Enjoy
I tried but fails. Can you advice something more. I need it badly man.

bombe1

May 29, 2009
solve = hard reset

for hard reset press volume down button + center button + red reset button
:)

knockout87

Sep 14, 2010
A Hard Reset restores the device to its default settings - the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. Any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on the device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile software and other pre-installed programs will remain.

There are 2 ways to perform a Hard Reset on this device:

Menu path

* 1. From the Today Screen, go to Start>Settings.Select the System Tab and then tap on Clear Storage.
* 2. Enter in the password provided on the display of the device (should be 1234) and tap Yes.
* 3. The device will begin the Master Reset Process.

Keystroke Method

* 1. Power the device off.
* 2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Center Navigation Button at same time, do not release.
* 3. Press Power button and hold for a 3 count (quickly - say one thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three). 1-2 seconds is too short, 4-5 seconds is too long.
* 4. The screen will instantly show the text to hard reset (this is a white screen with Blue text that provides the next steps to complete the Hard Reset. If you do not get this screen, power the device off and try again).
* o Warning! Your device will be set back to factory default settings. Please ensure any additional installed programs and/or user data is backed up before proceeding.

M_T_M

Troll King & Retired Señor Mod - I Regret Nothing!
Apr 14, 2009
Texas
for hard reset press volume down button + center button + red reset button
:)

A Hard Reset restores the device to its default settings - the way it was when you first purchased it and turned it on. Any programs you installed, data you entered, and settings you customized on the device will be lost. Only Windows Mobile software and other pre-installed programs will remain.
Snip, Snip.

So both of you guys/girls are posting on a thread that has no had any activity on almost a year, eh? :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.