Read CID from SD via Laptop

Search This thread

zeldabb

Mar 9, 2010
OMG Thanks a lot OP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I first tried it on my toshiba, didn't work.
Then I tried it on my old laptop, it worked!!!!!!

FYI the laptop is IBM's T61 with built-in SD card reader, product id is 7663MC2, the OS is Windows 7 32Bit Home Premium. :p:p

update 1: I've tried three more SD cards from different brand, all works!
update 2: I tried the app on my neighbor's IBM X60, also worked. So I guess all the Thinkpad laptops with built-in SD card reader should work.

Thanks OP again!

Last edited:

joga65

Feb 26, 2008
no good here, Win vista 64 bit, Acer 7738G laptop with built in SD card reader. Used a 1gb micro SD in a regular sd adapter, "no sd card found on a compatible device"

ariey

Aug 25, 2008
Bogor - Indonesia
www.geohas.co.id
no good here, Win vista 64 bit, Acer 7738G laptop with built in SD card reader. Used a 1gb micro SD in a regular sd adapter, "no sd card found on a compatible device"

base on my research, there is no mater what our OS type (XP, Vista, or 7, 64 or 32 bit), its only work from Card reader using PCI or not will work on UBS based card reader (most of new laptop using USB based, check on device manager).

if you near me (bogor indonesia), i will borrow SD Card with goldcard for U and its free :)

Zolcsi1968

Oct 15, 2023
Hi!

Can you upload again please? Link dead. Or some user who downloaded please share with me. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.

Not having a WM or Android device around, and wanting to create a gold card for my Mozart, I managed to put together a bit of software using some resources from the web and made an application that appears to do just this.

You basically just insert your SD card into the laptop card reader, run the app as admin, and click Read CID.

Note: IT MUST BE A LAPTOP CARD READER THAT IS NOT VIA A USB ROOT DEVICE - USB CARD READERS ARE NO GOOD

Requirements:
    Well, at this stage just give it a go on as many laptops as you can find until it works, and post back what did and didn't work for you.

It seems about a 40% chance it will work, so try on a couple if it doesnt at first.

It will return it pre-reversed and ready for the Gold Card website - and the number works.

I have already successfully created a gold card using the number provided by the tool!

Download from here: http://rapidshare.com/files/452275274/GoldCardHelper.exe

Good Luck!
    here's what original author commented on his tool:
    "Works only with SD cards plugged into a reader attached directly to the pci bus, it doesn't work with usb readers, you need admin rights for the call, it needs to be compiled for x86 instead of AnyCPU, it's flaky..."
    I was trying on my hp 2740p and apparently card reader isn't on pci bus. I gave it a shot on Win7x86 on Samsung Q35 (3 years old laptop) and it worked on it just as expected.