GUIDE: Installing a Sense 5 4.2.2 ROM? Here's Some help

Search This thread

XNine

Dec 28, 2010
Denver
HTC 10
OnePlus 6
I tested for two days cleanrom rom and it seems to me that everything is fine exept for the wifi, according to this guide already I did all the steps, but I did not these:

6. Flash BeastMode 2.0 via Recovery and Reboot back into your ROM.
7. Enter Recovery, Flash Beastmode 3.5 and use the Aroma Prompts to tailor your kernel to however you want.

Are they necessary? can I still make them?

If you've already flashed your ROM and have used it, you need to completely re-do this from step one........... HA! GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These two steps are pretty critical in getting your wifi/signal/sim card issues to disappear.

You can flash both of these in TWRP without needing to flash anything else. In fact, afterward, if you want to flash the new Elemental X Kernel (version 8.2), you can. Just do steps 6 and 7, then flash Elemental if that's what you want to do. I would do a wipe dalvik/cache and reboot between each Kernel install though.

mrcesarmx

Dec 8, 2011
If you've already flashed your ROM and have used it, you need to completely re-do this from step one........... HA! GOTCHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These two steps are pretty critical in getting your wifi/signal/sim card issues to disappear.

You can flash both of these in TWRP without needing to flash anything else. In fact, afterward, if you want to flash the new Elemental X Kernel (version 8.2), you can. Just do steps 6 and 7, then flash Elemental if that's what you want to do. I would do a wipe dalvik/cache and reboot between each Kernel install though.

So did it, first step 6 and then 7
after install Elemental 8.2
only that I did not wipe

In fact, this is what I did
1.-Install the Clean Rom
2. install my apps
3. use a day, and experience problems with account network drops
Also had and still have problems with my unstable Wifi signal
4. thanks to timmaaa install the hboot 2.15
5.-fixed my network issue
6. then install the beastmod kernels both
7.-install elementary 8.2
After this I still have problems with my wifi only, and feel a little hot cell phone with the latest kernel
but in steps 6 and 7 I didn't wipe ok? I do not say ugly things hehe

Well, what would be your recommendation?

mrmcshagbag

Oct 1, 2013
OnePlus One
OnePlus 3
I did all the steps that this guide has to offer but the optional 2.15 hboot update. At the end of the guide it says to install whatever kernal like elemental x if we wanted i did that the phone runs the best i have had it since i rooted a month ago. Theres only one problem i cant access cpu setting in venom tweaks anymore it just says unfortunatly venom tweaks has stopped working. but other than that great guide :D appreciate the help love these xda forums you guys are the best :good: :victory:

htc1Xluvr

Mar 31, 2017
im slow

ThankX for all this, but I got Scared at Hello, :eek::eek::confused: lol. I have a HTC One X Developers edition. It s on 4.1.1 and says no updates available, but under specs for phone says it should handle 4.2.2. It's probably caus my phone is a dev. Figured I'd ask you . Any help or ideas where to go to have someone do it would be VERY welcome.
God Bless Bobby Lee

Hello, So, I figured I would write this up since I see so many people with the same issues who keep posting. This should help get your Sense 5 4.2.2 based ROM up and working just fine.

I've tried this with Magio, sun_dream's S2 ROM, and Viper.

THIS GUIDE ASSUMES THE FOLLOWING:

The Files that you will need:
1. Pick your Sense 5 ROM from here: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1541
2. Download JB_KERNEL_5.08.111.2_Init.d_Support_EVITA_Installe r.zip from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2331373 You can also Download Carl's UrDroid ROM from this link if you are choosing it as the ROM to go with.
Why do I need this? Because it has several tweaks that allows seamless integration of these ROMs to work on the HTC ONE X. The firmware version will ensure compatibility with our devices. This ALSO FIXES RADIO and SIM DROP/DATA-SIGNAL DROP. So download it.
3. Download BeastMode 2.0 AND 3.5 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2165880
Why Do you need both 2.0 and 3.5? Because some ROMS are not being nice with the Beastmode 3.5 install. You need to flash BeastMode 2.0 FIRST, Reboot, THEN install BeastMode 3.5 For some reason, some ROMs fail at installing 3.5 without 2.0. I don't think it's a Beastmode issue, so don't go complaining to Zarboz or any of the ROM devs, it is what it is and until these ROMs are all similar in their creation and content, this will continue to happen.
4. Newer HBoot (2.14 or above, note that the new optional firmware will put you at hboot 2.15) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2156686
5. Latest TWRP http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2423270
6. OPTIONAL(but recommended) Latest Firmware from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2423735

Now, here comes the magic.
1. Update your Hboot (I'm using 2.14)
2. Update TWRP to 2.6 (If you don't, your install may end up screwed, so, please, do it. It's not that hard to update)

3. Flash your ROM via Recovery (TWRP), and Be sure to do a Factory Wipe and Dalvick/Cache Wipe prior to Flashign your ROM.
Reboot.
Note: These Sense 5 ROMS take FOREVER to boot initially. Let it do its thing. Don't hard reboot during the initial Boot.
4. Flash JB_KERNEL_5.08.111.2_Init.d_Support_EVITA_Installe r.zip And go through the Aroma Prompts and install everything.
5. Reboot into the ROM. You may notice your wifi is giving you an Error on certain ROMS. Don't worry, We're gonna fix that right now.
7. Enter Recovery, Flash Beastmode 3.5 and use the Aroma Prompts to tailor your kernel to however you want.
8. Enjoy your new Sense 5 4.2.2 based ROM and all of the benefits it yields!
9. Elemental X 8.2 is now up and alive. For those of you that like using Elemental, it's now updated.

If this guide helped you, hit the Thanks button.
Please note: I did not create any of the files I linked to. Those are created by people much smarter and talented than myself. I have linked to THEIR threads, I have not hosted any files for you to use. Please be sure to THANK THE DEVELOPERS THAT ARE TAKING THEIR TIME TO PROVIDE YOU WITH AWESOME ROMs AND KERNELS. IT'S THE VERY LEAST THAT THEY DESERVE!

If you have Questions about a particular ROM or Kernel, please see that ROM's Q&A thread. Always always always follow Developer Requests to NOT Post Q&A in their Development threads if they have asked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, So, I figured I would write this up since I see so many people with the same issues who keep posting. This should help get your Sense 5 4.2.2 based ROM up and working just fine.

Obligatory note: I'm not responsible for any damage, loss of data, bricked phones, burning houses, or outbursts of violence. You follow these instructions at your own risk, despite the fact that I've already done this

I've tried this with Magio, sun_dream's S2 ROM, and Viper.

THIS GUIDE ASSUMES THE FOLLOWING:
    1.You have SUPERCID/UNLOCK/S-OFF
    2. You are using TWRP as your recovery. Do not ask about S-ON or Clockwork Recovery, I don't know and won't answer.
    3. You have an AT&T/ROGERS HTC ONE XL. THIS IS NOT FOR THE INTERNATIONAL VERSION!
    4. You are having issues with Random Reboots, Data/Signal Drops, Wifi Errors, or SIM Card drops.

The Files that you will need:
    1. Pick your Sense 5 ROM from here: http://xdaforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1541
    2. Download JB_KERNEL_5.08.111.2_Init.d_Support_EVITA_Installe r.zip from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2331373 You can also Download Carl's UrDroid ROM from this link if you are choosing it as the ROM to go with.
    Why do I need this? Because it has several tweaks that allows seamless integration of these ROMs to work on the HTC ONE X. The firmware version will ensure compatibility with our devices. This ALSO FIXES RADIO and SIM DROP/DATA-SIGNAL DROP. So download it.
    3. Download BeastMode 2.0 AND 3.5 from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2165880
    Why Do you need both 2.0 and 3.5? Because some ROMS are not being nice with the Beastmode 3.5 install. You need to flash BeastMode 2.0 FIRST, Reboot, THEN install BeastMode 3.5 For some reason, some ROMs fail at installing 3.5 without 2.0. I don't think it's a Beastmode issue, so don't go complaining to Zarboz or any of the ROM devs, it is what it is and until these ROMs are all similar in their creation and content, this will continue to happen.
    4. Newer HBoot (2.14 or above, note that the new optional firmware will put you at hboot 2.15) http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2156686
    5. Latest TWRP http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2423270
    6. OPTIONAL(but recommended) Latest Firmware from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2423735

Now, here comes the magic.
    1. Update your Hboot (I'm using 2.14)
    2. Update TWRP to 2.6 (If you don't, your install may end up screwed, so, please, do it. It's not that hard to update)

FIRMWARE UPDATE:
    OPTIONAL: Installing the Firmware ](Warning: You MUST be S-OFF and Super CID to flash this! Flash at own risk!)
    Reboot to bootloader (adb reboot bootloader if "USB Debugging" is enabled in Android)

Plug in your Phone to the USB cable
    Make sure "Fastboot" changes to "Fastboot USB"
    In ADB/Fastboot, Typye: fastboot devices
    Your Device should be listed. If not, USB debugging is not enabled, your drivers are not installed (or installed correctly), or you need to use another USB port, preferably on your motherboard and using a USB 2.0 Port.
    Run: fastboot oem rebootRUU
    Run: fastboot flash zip <PathToFirmware.zip>
    If the output ends with "FAILED (remote: 90 hboot pre-update! please flush image again immediately)", run the previous command AGAIN
    If it ends with "INFO..... OK", reboot to the bootloader: fastboot reboot-bootloader
    Verify everything was successful by running: fastboot getvar all
    Quote:
    (bootloader) version: 0.5
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 2.15.0000
    (bootloader) version-baseband: 1.31a.32.45.16_2
    (bootloader) version-cpld: None
    (bootloader) version-microp: None
    (bootloader) version-main: 5.08.111.2
    (bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
    (bootloader) product: evita
    (bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8960
    (bootloader) modelid: PJ8310000
    (bootloader) cidnum: 11111111
    (bootloader) battery-status: good
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4140mV
    (bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
    (bootloader) security: off
    (bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
    (bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
    (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-de589c6eef
    (bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
    (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
    Reboot into Android: fastboot reboot or into recovery: fastboot reboot-recovery
    This section is copy pasted from Turges Stock 4.2.2 thread

3. Flash your ROM via Recovery (TWRP), and Be sure to do a Factory Wipe and Dalvick/Cache Wipe prior to Flashign your ROM.
    Reboot.
    Note: These Sense 5 ROMS take FOREVER to boot initially. Let it do its thing. Don't hard reboot during the initial Boot.
    4. Flash JB_KERNEL_5.08.111.2_Init.d_Support_EVITA_Installe r.zip And go through the Aroma Prompts and install everything.
    5. Reboot into the ROM. You may notice your wifi is giving you an Error on certain ROMS. Don't worry, We're gonna fix that right now.
    8. Enjoy your new Sense 5 4.2.2 based ROM and all of the benefits it yields!
    9. Elemental X 8.2 is now up and alive. For those of you that like using Elemental, it's now updated.

If this guide helped you, hit the Thanks button.
    Please note: I did not create any of the files I linked to. Those are created by people much smarter and talented than myself. I have linked to THEIR threads, I have not hosted any files for you to use. Please be sure to THANK THE DEVELOPERS THAT ARE TAKING THEIR TIME TO PROVIDE YOU WITH AWESOME ROMs AND KERNELS. IT'S THE VERY LEAST THAT THEY DESERVE!

If you have Questions about a particular ROM or Kernel, please see that ROM's Q&A thread. Always always always follow Developer Requests to NOT Post Q&A in their Development threads if they have asked.
    And some ARE ports from T-Mobile....

I agree with timmaaa, they aren't ports. Its a ROM meant for the EVITA. T-Mobile is just a minor carrier branding. The T-Mobile ROM was used as a base, then customized (in the case of custom ROM like Magio). But that goes for any custom ROM (it has to start off some base). A "port" normally refers to a ROM that is meant for a completely different device (like from the One/M7) and hacked to work on our EVITA.

Some more constructive criticism, it should be mentioned what the 'issues" are (signal drops and random reboots), and that the steps are really not required, unless trying to resolve such issues.
    Just some constructive criticism, none of those ROMs are actually ports, they're official Evita updates. A port is a ROM that's been ported from a different device.

Also, in the "this guide assumes the following" part, point 3, you might want to make that at&t/Rogers One X and HTC One XL, it's more accurate.

Sent from my Evita
    No, that's not a port. Even though it was a T-Mobile update it's still for our device, which is Evita. Like I said before a port is a ROM that was not initially intended for our phone but has been ported to work on our phone. The T-Mobile update is an official HTC release for our phone.

Sent from my Evita
    With the updates could I flash cm10.2 or would i still need to do the ruu for 3.18, just wasn't sure if the firmware for the touch panel was updated with the bootloader update, and thanks for the walkthrough.

At the moment the cm based ROMs are looking for hboot 2.14 to be able install them. So if you update to 2.15 the install will fail. You still need to RUU up to 3.18 RUU (2.14) hboot and leave it there if you want to run a cm based ROM.

Sent from my Evita