FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How To: Atom Series Extended Rom Cooking

953 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By jiggs, Senior Member on 22nd September 2007, 06:47 AM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
For Atom / Atom Pure / Atom Exec: Use WinImage Version 8.1 or similar program to edit IMG file. There are many programs that can do it.

Do not touch folders found in this image file. Programs that depend on these folders are: FM Radio, AutoConfig, WirelessManager, Camera, Equalizer, Album (life), ImageEditor (life)

The version of the Extended Rom is taken from the text file:
061020_AL1ARCWWE_EX0604.txt
The name is picked up versionCPAapplet.cpl (found in Settings->System Info)
So far, I did not encounter any problems changing the version numbers

The default folder name for this partition on your device is \_QHiddenPartition\ However, when we unlock this hidden partition at device runtime, we can not use the same folder name to install programs and lock it afterwards.

Normally, I used this partition to place the cabs I want to install at hard reset. This is no longer a problem with the cooked ATOM/ATOM EXEC ROMs we made because, serialzs introduced MortScript to do the automatic installation of cabs found in \_QHiddenPartition\ and \cabs\ folder found in storage card.

It is not necessary, however, to unlock the hidden partition just to edit the contents at device runtime. You can always use Total Commander to browse this partion by keying \_QHiddenPartition\ on the location bar.

For ATOM LIFE users, you can simply remove the 12-byte header of IMG file, and WinImage 8.1 can be used to edit the file. You need to restore the 12-byte header prior to flashing your device again.
 
 
22nd September 2007, 09:53 AM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
tj your are very kind ^^;
Last time i ask.you say search.
i use search but still confuse cause alot of topic.
but now you posted this info.
THANKS YOU
22nd September 2007, 01:07 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
thank you,i'm trying to cook and release WM 7.0 tonight. j/k
23rd September 2007, 03:07 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
How to remove or add programs being install in order??? I found that del *.cab to remove the programs and copy *.cab to auto install the programs from extended rom. But i don't know the file where listed the programs is able install in the extended rom at hard reset. In the past,when i cooked BA rom, i remember that i can edit the file include the paths of the cabs I want to auto install at flash rom or hard reset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs

For Atom / Atom Pure / Atom Exec: Use WinImage Version 8.1 or similar program to edit IMG file. There are many programs that can do it.

Do not touch folders found in this image file. Programs that depend on these folders are: FM Radio, AutoConfig, WirelessManager, Camera, Equalizer, Album (life), ImageEditor (life)

The version of the Extended Rom is taken from the text file:
061020_AL1ARCWWE_EX0604.txt
The name is picked up versionCPAapplet.cpl (found in Settings->System Info)
So far, I did not encounter any problems changing the version numbers

The default folder name for this partition on your device is \_QHiddenPartition\ However, when we unlock this hidden partition at device runtime, we can not use the same folder name to install programs and lock it afterwards.

Normally, I used this partition to place the cabs I want to install at hard reset. This is no longer a problem with the cooked ATOM/ATOM EXEC ROMs we made because, serialzs introduced MortScript to do the automatic installation of cabs found in \_QHiddenPartition\ and \cabs\ folder found in storage card.

It is not necessary, however, to unlock the hidden partition just to edit the contents at device runtime. You can always use Total Commander to browse this partion by keying \_QHiddenPartition\ on the location bar.

For ATOM LIFE users, you can simply remove the 12-byte header of IMG file, and WinImage 8.1 can be used to edit the file. You need to restore the 12-byte header prior to flashing your device again.

23rd September 2007, 04:45 PM |#5  
jiggs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdmavn

How to remove or add programs being install in order??? I found that del *.cab to remove the programs and copy *.cab to auto install the programs from extended rom. But i don't know the file where listed the programs is able install in the extended rom at hard reset. In the past,when i cooked BA rom, i remember that i can edit the file include the paths of the cabs I want to auto install at flash rom or hard reset.

The script runs through all cabs present in the the two locations stated above. You don't have to edit any list like you do for AutoRun in BA. Also, AutoRun does not work with cab installation that require user interaction. Now, as for your question regarding the order they go - it's alphabetical.
23rd September 2007, 10:35 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi jiggs!!

You awesome! I have added my operator in autoconfig list, all work fine, now I have all settings for my operator!

THANKS A LOT!!
25th September 2007, 04:25 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Flag Surabaya
Thanks Meter: 8
 
Donate to Me
More
interesting in rom cooking, thats what i.m always thinking about,.
but i'm afraid to do this, i'm afraid i'll bring my atom unusable,.

thanks anyway jiggs,.
27th September 2007, 05:05 AM |#8  
jiggs's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex.image

Hi jiggs!!

You awesome! I have added my operator in autoconfig list, all work fine, now I have all settings for my operator!

THANKS A LOT!!

Pls post your settings for others, too. Thanks.
5th October 2007, 07:48 AM |#9  
Member
any where
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggs

For ATOM LIFE users, you can simply remove the 12-byte header of IMG file, and WinImage 8.1 can be used to edit the file. You need to restore the 12-byte header prior to flashing your device again.

how do you remove 12-byte header?
5th October 2007, 08:16 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichanz

how do you remove 12-byte header?

Open the file with an HEX-editor, cut the first 12 bytes and save the file. That's all.
You can use "XVI32". This Hex-editor is included in the original Scooter-ROMkitchen.
12th October 2007, 01:45 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi all,

I use remotePROTECT as a security measure on my Atom - I find the program great.

It will be even better if I place it in extROM (hidden partition) so that it will install again upon hard reset.

I've followed the instructions that come with the software - they require me to place the program's CAB file in the extROM along with the setupE file.

I tried that - did a hard reset and nothing happened - didn't install.

I have an O2 Atom with an official ROM release installed.

Is there anything else I need to do? I note there is an Autoinst.dat file in the hidden partition, but it's encrypted or gibberish so I can't do much with it.

If I've overlooked anything can someone please suggest what I can do to make this do what I want - install itself again after hard reset.

Thanks in advance.
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes