[TOOL] SKIPSOFT ANDROID TOOLKIT - OnePlus 5 - Drivers,Bootloader Unlock,Recovery,Root

Search This thread

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
ONEPLUS 5 - WILL SUPPORT ALL VERSIONS UP TO THE LATEST ANDROID BUILDS.
SEE SUPPORT LIST FOR PUBLIC/PRO VERSIONS *HERE*

The Unified Android Toolkit brings together all the Google, Nexus, OnePlus and Samsung Toolkits and supports many devices. There is also an option at startup to run a Basic Android Toolkit which any Android device can use to install drivers, make app backups, install apk files, reboot the device into different modes and run a command prompt for manual input.

FUNCTIONS OF UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT
* Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically
* Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
* Backup your /data/media (virtual SD Card) to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
* Root any public build automatically
* SkipRoot boot image to AutoRoot (selected builds)
* Sideload root/unroot files via Custom Recovery
* ALLINONE to Unlock, Flash Recovery, Root, Rename the restore file + install Busybox (G,N,O)
* ALLINONE to Flash Recovery, Root, Rename the recovery restore files + install Busybox (Samsung)
* Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader (G,N,O)
* Download Google Stock Image files directly to the ToolKit (G,N,O)
* Check md5 of google stock image before flashing
* Flash Google Stock Image (G,N,O)
* Flash any part of a stock firmware image to device [boot, system, recovery, etc.] (G,N,O)
* Download/sideload stock OTA image (G,N,O)
* Install BusyBox binarys on device
* Rename the Recovery Restore File present on Stock Roms (if stock recovery is being restored after flashing custom recovery image)
* Flash Stock Recovery, CWM touch, Philz_touch or TWRP Touch Recovery
* Custom Device Builder can add build support for listed device and add device support for any Samsung device with an unlocked bootloader [included in ULTIMATE but can be added as an extra]
* Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC
* Auto Update Toolkit at startup (PRO ONLY)
* Auto Update superuser file and custom recovery images to latest versions (PRO ONLY)
* Disable forced encryption on Nexus5X,6,6P and 9
* Install Root Checker app by Burrows Apps
* Install Backup/Restore app by MDroid Apps
* Install EFS/Partition Backup/Restore app by Wanam
* Create tar with 1-Click for flashing via Odin
* Fix extSdCard write permissions in Android 4.4+
* Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC (selected builds)
* Useful Mods, Fixes and Tools Section
* Extras, Tips and Tricks section (includes guides)
* Backup/Restore your /efs partition (gsm only)
* Dump selected Device Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC ( on builds with insecure image available)
* Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your device
* Boot to any recovery without Flashing it (G,N,O)
* Boot or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
* Quick Picks Professional Feature (10 slots)
* Install a single apk or multiple apk's to your device
* Push Files from your PC to your phone
* Pull Files from your phone to your PC
* Set Files Permissions on your device
* Pull and Trim your Radio Image (gsm models only) to your PC
* Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
* Dump BugReport to your PC
* Rip cache.img to zip file in CWM format
* Reboot device to Fastboot Mode or Android in fastboot mode (G,N,O)
* Reboot device to Fastboot Mode, Recovery, Android or Download Mode in adb mode
* Turn Initial Start Screen On/Off for next use
* Sideload any zip file via Custom Recovery
* Basic Toolkit for use with ANY Android device

Key: G-Google N-Nexus O-OnePlus S-Samsung

--------------------------------------------------------------
Toolkit_main_menu-oneplus.png

SUPPORTED DEVICES AND LATEST SUPPORTED BUILDS *HERE*

DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

NOTE: Key files are signed with a Digital Certificate from skipsoft.net but some ‘may’ get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted. They are not harmful, this is a false positive given because of the compiler used. If this happens restore the file and exclude the folder from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton. If you are using the Auto Update feature on pro versions then you will need to disable the AV program or exclude the folder from scans before running the update again.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE AND ROOT YOUR DEVICE.

ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR ‘AUTO UPDATES’ DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
THE PRO VERSION ALSO ADDS THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF CUSTOM RECOVERY FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE TOOLKIT.
THE ‘QUICK PICKS’ SECTION[/B] ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.
PRO USERS CAN ALSO SELECT THE “ANY BUILD” OPTION IN THE BUILD SELECTION SCREEN TO ROOT ANY BUILD AS LONG AS THE VERSION IS SUPPORTED (USEFUL IF YOUR BUILD IS NOT LISTED).
THE ULTIMATE MODE UNLOCKS THE PRO FEATURES FOR ALL DEVICES WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY THEM SEPARATELY. IT ALSO INCLUDES THE CUSTOM SUPPORT BUILDER TO ADD SUPPORT FOR UNLISTED BUILDS AND CAN EVEN ADD UNLISTED SAMSUNG DEVICE SUPPORT.

MORE IMPORTANTLY DONATING SHOWS YOUR APPRECIATION AND ALLOWS THE TOOLKIT TO CONTINUE TO EVOLVE AND GROW.

AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv

PLEASE READ THE *HELP* PAGE AT http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=1269 OR USE THE INFORMATION SECTION WITHIN THE TOOLKIT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME TO WRITE IT AND SOMETHING ON THERE SHOULD ANSWER 99% OF PROBLEMS.

1. INSTALLING ADB/FASTBOOT DRIVERS

The first thing you need to do is to install the adb/fastboot drivers. These are needed so that you can unlock your bootloader, root your device and perform other adb/fastboot functions.

THE DRIVERS CAN BE INSTALLED DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT. OPTION 1 IN THE MAIN MENU.

If drivers are not installed or there is an exclamation mark next to the device:
Plug the device in to a usb cable directly connected to your motherboard.
In the Device Manager a new item, usually called Android 1.0 should pop up in the list.
Right click on the device item then left click on Update Driver Software. Select 'browse my computer' and then 'Let me pick from a list'.
If no adb interface driver appears in the list then untick 'Show compatible hardware' and find the Android or Samsung adb interface driver.
If you cannot find either of these click Have Disk, browse to the Toolkit install folder, drivers folder, click on android_winusb.inf and click Open.
Click OK and select Google ADB Interface.

Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in settings, developer options. In Android 4.2.2 or later you have to enable the developer options screen by going to settings, About on your device and click on Build number at the bottom 7 times until it says You are now a developer. If you have already enabled usb debugging then unplug/replug the usb cable.

On Android 4.2.2 or later when you replug the usb cable after enabling usb debugging for the first time you will get a popup asking you to authenticate your pc. Tick 'Always allow' then click 'ok'.

2. USING SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT

When starting the Toolkit you will first be asked which device you want to work with. Working folders will be created and the device files downloaded. You will then be taken to the Model/Build selection screen where you can do a number of things (other than select your model/build): Type '00' to enter your activation code and enable pro features, 'i' will take you to the Information and Help Section, 'a' will give you information on how to add support for a new build.

Supported builds are listed in the Model/Build selection screen and typing the associated number (i.e. 11) will download needed boot and recovery files (stock and custom recovery) then check for and download the latest superuser files available and custom recovery (pro versions only), verify all the files and start the Main Menu. You can now use all the functions and tools the Android Toolkit offers. Pro users can select the "any build" option to root any build (useful if your build is not listed).

USEFUL INFORMATION
How to get into your FastBoot Mode
1. Turn your phone off
2. Unplug your usb cable if you have one plugged in
3. Keep holding the 'Volume Up' and 'Power' buttons to boot the phone into FastBoot Mode

How to get into Recovery
1. First boot into FastBoot Mode as described above
2. Scroll down with the 'Volume Down' button until it says 'Recovery mode' at the top and press the 'Power' button to enter Recovery

*DISCLAIMER*
I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by using the Unified Android Toolkit. No warranties of any kind are given.

Last edited:

mskip

Retired Senior Moderator
Mar 20, 2008
Norfolk
Oooh is this tested?
I dont have a OnePlus 5 but as long they haven't changed the setup from the 3T everything should work. Bootloader unlock should work fine and basic functions are all the same. There is no custom recovery yet which means no root and there are no firmware images but as soon as they are added I will update it.

Reactions: lethallunatic

benc88

Mar 21, 2010
London
I dont have a OnePlus 5 but as long they haven't changed the setup from the 3T everything should work. Bootloader unlock should work fine and basic functions are all the same. There is no custom recovery yet which means no root and there are no firmware images but as soon as they are added I will update it.

OK if I get it today I'll let you know!!

hibby50

Jan 26, 2008
forum.ppcgeeks.com

I have one and the unlock is as simple as enabling it in developer settings and fastboot oem unlock

lethallunatic

Oct 21, 2007
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I doubt xposed, isn't magisk the tool of choice currently, for recent Android versions?

Magisk is systemless root and not a framework like xposed. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't have a need for systemless root which magisk offers, mostly interesting for gamers and people who use mobile payment tools etc. There is an xposed for android 7. Just haven't tried it yet.

Edit:
The post I read about xposed being available and the zip files seemed fake. So there is no xposed for android 7.x

Last edited:
Reactions: TwinAdk

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Magisk is systemless root and not a framework like xposed. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I don't have a need for systemless root which magisk offers, mostly interesting for gamers and people who use mobile payment tools etc. There is an xposed for android 7. Just haven't tried it yet.
Cool, dropped xposed a while back, and never used magisk. Its systemless ofc :cowboy:

Sent from my NEM-L21 using XDA Labs

Mrphtn

Mar 5, 2015
i dont care if its called magisk or xposed, i'd take youtube background playback no matter how it is

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Xposed offers a few modules which are interesting for me like youtube background playback and adaway for youtube, gravitybox fake wifi. Just to name a few. Would be nice if an alternative comes

i dont care if its called magisk or xposed, i'd take youtube background playback no matter how it is

YMusic solves both problems (background play, no ads, download audio (including mp3), video and play lists from YouTube, play local songs, etc.
@khangneovip is a freaking GENIUS :victory: Support the project, he has serves to pay for :cowboy::)

Thank me later ;)

lethallunatic

Oct 21, 2007
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
YMusic solves both problems (background play, no ads, download audio (including mp3), video and play lists from YouTube, play local songs, etc.
@khangneovip is a freaking GENIUS :victory: Support the project, he has serves to pay for :cowboy::)

Thank me later ;)

Thanks for the idea. It does solve one or two but it creates more problems for me. Can't access my channel on YouTube where I can view my subscriptions or playlists unfortunately. This is a music focused app. Any other thoughts are also appreciated :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ONEPLUS 5 - WILL SUPPORT ALL VERSIONS UP TO THE LATEST ANDROID BUILDS.
    SEE SUPPORT LIST FOR PUBLIC/PRO VERSIONS *HERE*

The Unified Android Toolkit brings together all the Google, Nexus, OnePlus and Samsung Toolkits and supports many devices. There is also an option at startup to run a Basic Android Toolkit which any Android device can use to install drivers, make app backups, install apk files, reboot the device into different modes and run a command prompt for manual input.

FUNCTIONS OF UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT
    * Install correct adb/fastboot drivers automatically
    * Backup/Restore a single package or all apps, user data and Internal Storage
    * Backup your /data/media (virtual SD Card) to your PC for a Full Safe backup of data
    * Root any public build automatically
    * SkipRoot boot image to AutoRoot (selected builds)
    * Sideload root/unroot files via Custom Recovery
    * ALLINONE to Unlock, Flash Recovery, Root, Rename the restore file + install Busybox (G,N,O)
    * ALLINONE to Flash Recovery, Root, Rename the recovery restore files + install Busybox (Samsung)
    * Unlock/Re-Lock your Bootloader (G,N,O)
    * Download Google Stock Image files directly to the ToolKit (G,N,O)
    * Check md5 of google stock image before flashing
    * Flash Google Stock Image (G,N,O)
    * Flash any part of a stock firmware image to device [boot, system, recovery, etc.] (G,N,O)
    * Download/sideload stock OTA image (G,N,O)
    * Install BusyBox binarys on device
    * Rename the Recovery Restore File present on Stock Roms (if stock recovery is being restored after flashing custom recovery image)
    * Flash Stock Recovery, CWM touch, Philz_touch or TWRP Touch Recovery
    * Custom Device Builder can add build support for listed device and add device support for any Samsung device with an unlocked bootloader [included in ULTIMATE but can be added as an extra]
    * Pull /data and /system folders, compress to a .tar file and save to your PC
    * Auto Update Toolkit at startup (PRO ONLY)
    * Auto Update superuser file and custom recovery images to latest versions (PRO ONLY)
    * Disable forced encryption on Nexus5X,6,6P and 9
    * Install Root Checker app by Burrows Apps
    * Install Backup/Restore app by MDroid Apps
    * Install EFS/Partition Backup/Restore app by Wanam
    * Create tar with 1-Click for flashing via Odin
    * Fix extSdCard write permissions in Android 4.4+
    * Perform a FULL NANDROID Backup of your system via adb and save in Custom Recovery format on your PC (selected builds)
    * Useful Mods, Fixes and Tools Section
    * Extras, Tips and Tricks section (includes guides)
    * Backup/Restore your /efs partition (gsm only)
    * Dump selected Device Partitions, compress to a .zip file with md5 and save to your PC ( on builds with insecure image available)
    * Mods section to automatically perform certain tasks on your device
    * Boot to any recovery without Flashing it (G,N,O)
    * Boot or Flash .img Files directly from your PC
    * Quick Picks Professional Feature (10 slots)
    * Install a single apk or multiple apk's to your device
    * Push Files from your PC to your phone
    * Pull Files from your phone to your PC
    * Set Files Permissions on your device
    * Pull and Trim your Radio Image (gsm models only) to your PC
    * Dump selected LogCat buffers to your PC
    * Dump BugReport to your PC
    * Rip cache.img to zip file in CWM format
    * Reboot device to Fastboot Mode or Android in fastboot mode (G,N,O)
    * Reboot device to Fastboot Mode, Recovery, Android or Download Mode in adb mode
    * Turn Initial Start Screen On/Off for next use
    * Sideload any zip file via Custom Recovery
    * Basic Toolkit for use with ANY Android device

Key: G-Google N-Nexus O-OnePlus S-Samsung

Toolkit_main_menu-oneplus.png

SUPPORTED DEVICES AND LATEST SUPPORTED BUILDS *HERE*

DOWNLOAD THE SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT *HERE* (FROM SKIPSOFT.NET)

NOTE: Key files are signed with a Digital Certificate from skipsoft.net but some ‘may’ get picked up as potentially harmful by Antivirus Programs and deleted. They are not harmful, this is a false positive given because of the compiler used. If this happens restore the file and exclude the folder from future scans to use it. This seems to happen mostly on AVG Free and Norton. If you are using the Auto Update feature on pro versions then you will need to disable the AV program or exclude the folder from scans before running the update again.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PUBLIC (FREE) AND PROFESSIONAL (DONATE) VERSIONS?
    THE PUBLIC VERSION OF THE TOOLKIT INCLUDES EVERYTHING YOU COULD NEED TO MANIPULATE AND ROOT YOUR DEVICE.

ACTIVATING THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION ADDS THE MOST USEFUL FUNCTION IN THE TOOLKIT, THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR ‘AUTO UPDATES’ DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT AND HAVE THEM PUSHED TO YOUR PC RIGHT AWAY AS SOON AS THEY ARE UPLOADED WITHOUT NEEDING TO DOWNLOAD THE WHOLE TOOLKIT EVERY TIME. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE LATEST VERSION AS SOON AS IT IS MADE AVAILABLE. THIS MEANS SMALLER UPDATES CAN BE SENT OUT MORE FREQUENTLY, SUCH AS ADDING A SINGLE FUNCTION, FIXING A BUG OR ADDING COMPATIBILITY FOR A SINGLE CARRIER. THE SMALLER UPDATES WILL BE COMPILED AND RELEASED TO THE XDA COMMUNITY AS A FULL (PUBLIC) DOWNLOAD VERSION SO PROFESSIONAL VERSIONS ARE ALWAYS UPDATED SOONER.
    THE PRO VERSION ALSO ADDS THE ABILITY TO CHECK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF CUSTOM RECOVERY FILES AND DOWNLOAD THEM DIRECTLY TO THE TOOLKIT.
    THE ‘QUICK PICKS’ SECTION[/B] ALLOWS YOU TO PROGRAM UPTO 10 SLOTS WITH TASKS THAT YOU MAY PERFORM ON A REGULAR BASIS OR JUST WANT TO KEEP A SET OF TASKS IN 1 PLACE. THEN JUST SELECT THE SLOT AND IT WILL REMEMBER ALL YOUR SETTINGS FOR THAT TASK AND RUN IT.
    PRO USERS CAN ALSO SELECT THE “ANY BUILD” OPTION IN THE BUILD SELECTION SCREEN TO ROOT ANY BUILD AS LONG AS THE VERSION IS SUPPORTED (USEFUL IF YOUR BUILD IS NOT LISTED).
    THE ULTIMATE MODE UNLOCKS THE PRO FEATURES FOR ALL DEVICES WITHOUT HAVING TO BUY THEM SEPARATELY. IT ALSO INCLUDES THE CUSTOM SUPPORT BUILDER TO ADD SUPPORT FOR UNLISTED BUILDS AND CAN EVEN ADD UNLISTED SAMSUNG DEVICE SUPPORT.

MORE IMPORTANTLY DONATING SHOWS YOUR APPRECIATION AND ALLOWS THE TOOLKIT TO CONTINUE TO EVOLVE AND GROW.

AUTO REPLY LINKS FOR PAYPAL TO GET A CODE INSTANTLY CAN BE FOUND AT http://goo.gl/nyGqv

PLEASE READ THE *HELP* PAGE AT http://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=1269 OR USE THE INFORMATION SECTION WITHIN THE TOOLKIT IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. I HAVE TAKEN A LOT OF TIME TO WRITE IT AND SOMETHING ON THERE SHOULD ANSWER 99% OF PROBLEMS.

1. INSTALLING ADB/FASTBOOT DRIVERS

The first thing you need to do is to install the adb/fastboot drivers. These are needed so that you can unlock your bootloader, root your device and perform other adb/fastboot functions.

THE DRIVERS CAN BE INSTALLED DIRECTLY VIA THE TOOLKIT. OPTION 1 IN THE MAIN MENU.

If drivers are not installed or there is an exclamation mark next to the device:
    Plug the device in to a usb cable directly connected to your motherboard.
    In the Device Manager a new item, usually called Android 1.0 should pop up in the list.
    Right click on the device item then left click on Update Driver Software. Select 'browse my computer' and then 'Let me pick from a list'.
    If no adb interface driver appears in the list then untick 'Show compatible hardware' and find the Android or Samsung adb interface driver.
    If you cannot find either of these click Have Disk, browse to the Toolkit install folder, drivers folder, click on android_winusb.inf and click Open.
    Click OK and select Google ADB Interface.

Make sure you have USB debugging enabled in settings, developer options. In Android 4.2.2 or later you have to enable the developer options screen by going to settings, About on your device and click on Build number at the bottom 7 times until it says You are now a developer. If you have already enabled usb debugging then unplug/replug the usb cable.

On Android 4.2.2 or later when you replug the usb cable after enabling usb debugging for the first time you will get a popup asking you to authenticate your pc. Tick 'Always allow' then click 'ok'.

2. USING SKIPSOFT UNIFIED ANDROID TOOLKIT

When starting the Toolkit you will first be asked which device you want to work with. Working folders will be created and the device files downloaded. You will then be taken to the Model/Build selection screen where you can do a number of things (other than select your model/build): Type '00' to enter your activation code and enable pro features, 'i' will take you to the Information and Help Section, 'a' will give you information on how to add support for a new build.

Supported builds are listed in the Model/Build selection screen and typing the associated number (i.e. 11) will download needed boot and recovery files (stock and custom recovery) then check for and download the latest superuser files available and custom recovery (pro versions only), verify all the files and start the Main Menu. You can now use all the functions and tools the Android Toolkit offers. Pro users can select the "any build" option to root any build (useful if your build is not listed).

USEFUL INFORMATION
    How to get into your FastBoot Mode
    1. Turn your phone off
    2. Unplug your usb cable if you have one plugged in
    3. Keep holding the 'Volume Up' and 'Power' buttons to boot the phone into FastBoot Mode

How to get into Recovery
    1. First boot into FastBoot Mode as described above
    2. Scroll down with the 'Volume Down' button until it says 'Recovery mode' at the top and press the 'Power' button to enter Recovery

*DISCLAIMER*
    I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by using the Unified Android Toolkit. No warranties of any kind are given.
    Updated OnePlus 5 Device Module for Public (free) and Pro Users [v1.0.2]

Changelog:
    +Added custom recovery and enabled custom recovery and rooting options
    +Rewrote fastboot and adb detection routines
    +Updated bootloader unlock routine for better flow and fixed bugs
    +Added confirmation when booting/flashing image file as per user request

Ultimate/Pro users can get the latest version by just selecting their device at startup and accepting the update.

Non Pro users have a few more steps.
    1. Exit the Toolkit if it is open.
    2. Run ToolkitClean.exe from the installation folder (or the Start Menu)
    3. Select your device (OnePlus 5) from the list
    4. Type ‘y’ or ‘yes’ (without the quotes) to delete the existing module files and settings for the device
    5. Restart the Toolkit, select the device and new module files will be downloaded/installed

If you find any of this useful PLEASE donate to a device project. You can do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or from the link at https://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 so you get the right code fast and can update to the latest version. You can also go ULTIMATE mode and unlock ALL device modules for the lifetime of the Toolkit. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/mskipxda for posts/updates.

Enjoy (and please post feedback).
    Okay, just testing the toolkit now - and I like it!! :good::laugh:

Just plugged in the phone for the first time ever, enabled ADB and allowed the PC access, and Windows installs the basic stuff (plug and play) it needs.
    Via the toolkit i press I for information on connected device, and I get this:

OVFh4UW.png

This is REALLY good! :laugh::highfive: The app pulls lots of good info, in a second! Cant wait to see what else this can do! :good:

This is the screen with options for my phone:

rEzWzsB.png

Prior to this, the app downloaded all needed tools, SU files, etc, nice and easy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay - first piece of feedback:

When unlocking my bootloader via the tool, i get to the menu that asks me if im ready (ADB enabled, oem unlock allowed etc).

I press Y, and the phone reboots to fastboot, and sends OEM unlock command.

ZJ0oXRi.png

Now the tool is stuck in that loop - the phone asks me to verify with vol+ or vol-, and the phone keeps sending the oem unlock command, because the bootloader state is (correctly) detected as locked.

This behaviour is confusing to the user, and annoying as the confirm screen I am presented with on the phone, keeps reappearing because of the oem unlock command spammed by the tool ;)

The end result in my case, was that i confirmed the unlock, while the tool just spammed (i confirmed in between).
    When i confirmed, the phone unlocked as desired, and rebooted. This caused the tool to just stall on the "sending oem unlock..." - and even when setting up the phone again, enabling ADB etc, the tool just stayed there.
    I am a very experienced Android tech, and I had to really go through the technical process of what is actually going on, in order to assure myself that the oem unlock command would NOT be able to interrupt the reset and reboot process that happened when i chose to unlock the phone. The tool was still spamming the command, but as it is a fastboot command, and the phone leaves fastboot mode once i press yes to unlock, I knew i was safe - i strongly believe other people might not have reacted this way, ultimatly risking to brick their phone if unlucky (forgive me for worst-case-scenario-guy here :laugh: )

Anyway! Had to break it via CTRL+C... When i wanted to break by CTRL+C, the prompt reported "cannot find specified file" - and then returned to the phone selection menu (but i had to wake it by initiating a break, without ever confirming to actually break).

Suggestion:

- The tool should send the command ONCE, and ask the user to verify that the phone is responding with confirmation, and then guide the user accordingly :good:
    - After the oem unlock process, the tool should in my logic return to the A5000 menu, not the phone selection menu.
    - Ask the user if he wants to auto select a phone model, when arriving at the phone selection screen, by guessing based on the detected device :good: This saves to select the phone model to work on, despite having a specific model connected via USB...... :highfive:

Bug report: None of the menu options work (on the Main Menu OOS screen). They all required two enter commands, and then throws an error and reloads the screen. If i break by CTRL+C, i return to the same screen, but all menu commands then require three enters before throwing an error and reloading.... Something internally is wrong :)

0Hmatfh.png

I had manually added two IMG files here, while the program was running, and after it detected that no IMG files were present
    C:\Unified_Android_Toolkit\put_img_files_to_flash_here\OnePlus5
    Also i added the SU zip SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip here:
    C:\Unified_Android_Toolkit\root

Had to reboot the tool (.exe file) to get it to work properly.

After the reboot, I went onto install the custom recovery IMG file. The program now detects my IMG files :highfive:

Suggestion:

- Add an option to LOG all screen output to a file, for the user to investigate if needed (and to have the output as assurance for what really happened. I fear missing key info displayed...
    - Add an option to show verbose details on screen (which as suggested above would cause them to be logged).
    - The M command to return to menu is not advertised very well. Found it in the flash custom recovery screen, but could have used it earlier if possible?
    - Instead of typing the IMG filename, could they have numbers for the user to enter? Less prone to error, and the screen does not support tab completion (as it is not a true CMD window), so the numbers are extra handy :) This goes for a lot of screens. The push to device screen aswell (https://i.imgur.com/SIEJzTt.png)

- I was able to boot the IMG without flashing in first try. The tool rebooted via adb, and send the fastboot command correctly :good:

Now creating 6.4GB TWRP nandroid of phone - I chose to have TWRP NOT modify my system IMG :)
    JESUS CHRIST that UFS 2.1 storage is FAST!! :) Wow, 6467 MB backed up in 102 seconds!

I am now installing the TWRP recovery permanent, instead of fastbooting it.

Suggestion:
    - Dont ask the user what partition to flash the recovery onto. I would NOT want to be that guy selecting 6 instead of 5 in the menu below!

wnJAhw1.png

I am now rooted! Thanks for watching! :victory::laugh::good::highfive:

Kind Regards
    Updated OnePlus 5 Device Module for Public (free) and Pro Users [v1.0.2]

Changelog:
    +Added stock boot/recovery files to download after build selection
    +Added no-verity-opt-encrypt zip file [downloads to tools folder after device selection]
    +Added latest Magisk zip file [downloads to root folder after device selection]
    +Minor bug fixes to base module

There are no options in the Toolkit to use the no-verity-opt-encrypt or Magisk zip file yet but I have added the files (and if the version updates the file will automatically update after device selection) so they can be flashed in custom recovery if you want to. You can use option 17 from the Main Menu to do that. If you want to decrypt your device and flash the no-verity-opt-encrypt file you need to format userdata to decrypt the device.

If someone with the pro mode could test the openrecoveryscript options (root or ALLINONE) for me then I can enable it if it works. You can temporarily enable the openrecoveryscript options by selecting options 4,5,4 from the main menu.

Ultimate/Pro users can get the latest version by just selecting their device at startup and accepting the update.

Non Pro users have a few more steps.
    1. Exit the Toolkit if it is open.
    2. Run ToolkitClean.exe from the installation folder (or the Start Menu)
    3. Select your device (OnePlus 5) from the list
    4. Type ‘y’ or ‘yes’ (without the quotes) to delete the existing module files and settings for the device
    5. Restart the Toolkit, select the device and new module files will be downloaded/installed

If you find any of this useful PLEASE donate to a device project. You can do it through the Toolkit (after selecting the device at startup) or from the link at https://www.skipsoft.net/?page_id=703 so you get the right code fast and can update to the latest version. You can also go ULTIMATE mode and unlock ALL device modules for the lifetime of the Toolkit. Follow us on twitter at https://twitter.com/mskipxda for posts/updates.

Enjoy (and please post feedback).
    Great tool!! Will an ultimate license be permanent forever?

Yes it will.