Fastboot Not Recognized

Search This thread

chriscerv90

Apr 28, 2011
Boston, MA
Ok guys, sorry to start another thread on this but I have been going through thread after thread and searching endlessly for a solution and nothing has worked for me.

I was getting ready to do the S-Off procedures and my device is recognized by computer to transfer files, and adb recognizes the device as well, I was able to get the device ID. Reboot into bootloader and fastboot just hangs there and no fastboot usb. try to enter fastboot command and it just hangs at "waiting for device"

I started going crazy and uninstalled drivers. Installed HTC Sync, (never needed it before). Now when I plug in USB while in Fastboot computer recognizes device but says it is not working properly.

Under device manager > Android USB Devices > (Yellow triangle) My HTC > Device Status ( This device cannot start Code 10), (A request for the USB BOS descriptor failed). Driver version 2.0.7.14. I try to update the driver manually and it says "It appears the right driver is already installed." Tried disabling enabling. Unistalling, plugging back in. Nothing seems to work.

Running Viper 3.2.3
Windows 8 (didnt have the problem before using fastboot)

Sorry for long post. Thanks in advance.

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
Ok guys, sorry to start another thread on this but I have been going through thread after thread and searching endlessly for a solution and nothing has worked for me.

I was getting ready to do the S-Off procedures and my device is recognized by computer to transfer files, and adb recognizes the device as well, I was able to get the device ID. Reboot into bootloader and fastboot just hangs there and no fastboot usb. try to enter fastboot command and it just hangs at "waiting for device"

I started going crazy and uninstalled drivers. Installed HTC Sync, (never needed it before). Now when I plug in USB while in Fastboot computer recognizes device but says it is not working properly.

Under device manager > Android USB Devices > (Yellow triangle) My HTC > Device Status ( This device cannot start Code 10), (A request for the USB BOS descriptor failed). Driver version 2.0.7.14. I try to update the driver manually and it says "It appears the right driver is already installed." Tried disabling enabling. Unistalling, plugging back in. Nothing seems to work.

Running Viper 3.2.3

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2066805
Hope this helps.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 1.1.1
ViperXL

Venomtester

Jan 28, 2013
Columbia
Thanks for the tip lol

I tried similar steps.

I did a fresh install of windows too. I know I am a little obsessive. Still can't get the dang thing to be recognized in fastboot.

:mad:

I know this may sound silly at this point but did you try moving it to a different usb port? I have seen that work before.
AT&T HTC OneX
Android 4.1.1
ViperXL

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
try using this application if you think your device drivers are dirty but installed correctly for usb devices
USBDeview just uninstall whatever devices you want reinitialized especially since they can change even with rom changes so it is good to clear some old ones out by sorting them based on Last Plug/Unplug Date.

Reactions: chriscerv90

chriscerv90

Apr 28, 2011
Boston, MA
Yeah I actually have tried all those steps. Thanks for the replies guy. I check out that application.

I'm starting to think something is wrong with my HOX

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

chriscerv90

Apr 28, 2011
Boston, MA
try using this application if you think your device drivers are dirty but installed correctly for usb devices
USBDeview just uninstall whatever devices you want reinitialized especially since they can change even with rom changes so it is good to clear some old ones out by sorting them based on Last Plug/Unplug Date.

This FREAKING WORKED!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA Thanks man ... I've only had 2 hours of sleep trying to fix this stupid problem... I owe you one man. :highfive:

abhilashlinge

May 29, 2014
I have the same problem

This FREAKING WORKED!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA Thanks man ... I've only had 2 hours of sleep trying to fix this stupid problem... I owe you one man. :highfive:

I have the the same problem my computer does not recognise the device ( htc one x endeavour) and in fastboot mode it does not work.
pls help
how you solved this ??

chriscerv90

Apr 28, 2011
Boston, MA
I have the the same problem my computer does not recognise the device ( htc one x endeavour) and in fastboot mode it does not work.
pls help
how you solved this ??

If your on Windows 8 problems will occur but there are methods you need to look into. Windows 7 is your ally.

First Uninstalled the drivers for the device using the program in the previous post. Second, make sure your cable is working correctly. Third, make sure you have the correct drivers for you phone on the computer - - HTC Sync causes problems sometimes. Fourth, plug in the phone in while it's on and let the drivers install correctly. Fifth, place the phone in fastboot and let drivers install. Should work.

Remember sometimes you need to restart your computer and try different USB ports. Some users have said 3.0 ports cause problems.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Feb 20, 2014
Alwar

Running Viper 3.2.3

I ws installing a Ruu zip but process got failed and hboot version changed to 1.54.000 . my device is in now relocked status and bootloader is not reconised by hp envy. adb still showing my device my i lost fastboot mode completely. Any solution there???
I already tried several drivers method. Error is something HTCAND4 in driver events log.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    glad you got it fixed, check out his other apps they are life savers and they work how "real" windows apps should work.